Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I just got this email from the folks at SWTOR

1235»

Comments

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

It's from the future!

You know what that means, don't you guys :D

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• joanne71joanne71 Member Posts: 63

Boardroom meeting on lack of surveys completed

George Lucas: "Can we email the survey to beta testers"

Ray Muzyka: "Sure let me get the project manager to do that"

Project Manager: (receive chat popup - email beta testers ASAP)

Lead Developer: (receive chat popup - send that survey to the testers)

Unix administrator:(receive chat popup - take this message and send to all email address in the testers table)

Database administrator:(receive chat poup - get me all the email addresses in the beta test database in a text file)

DBA:

select email_address

from beta_test_users

union

select email_address

from beta_test_requests

Admin:

cat email_addresses.txt | mail -s "Compare testing experiences" < email_contents.htm

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I love some of the posts people made about this that basically say that this is such a monumental screwup and imply that this proves Biowares TOR game is crap. What a joke. A big goofy error ? certainly...but how does this reflect whether TOR is good or not? Someone hit send in error..or more like it the automated email delivery system fucked up. BIG FUGGING DEAL. Yes..i would feel a bit saddened for a brief second..perhaps thinking the beta invite came. Then I'd get over it like most did. I'd hate to go through life as judgemental as some of MMORPGs posters. The only thing I am very judgemental about ,coincendentally also concerns Star Wars, and thats the way George Lucas is "overworking" his original movies like a bad artist would a sculpture or painting. A decent artist knows when to stop.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

I just recieved an email from SWTOR asking me to complete a survey to share my beta experiences with other testers...the problem is I'm not even in the beta...or if I am, they never told me LOL  

Anybody other non-beta people get this same email?

Edit: Looks like a major slip up ... and I has a sad.

Same here!

And here I thought I had somehow stepped into an alternate reality, where the other Elikal had been chosen for beta! ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert