Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely NOT F2P!!!

itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Just a heads up out there, this game is DEFINITELY NOT a F2P model. Not only did i have to arm wrestle with Xbox Live to just setup an account to login, i had to manually send an email to myself from LIVE to get it to verify, then when i return to the game it actually asks me for a Code as if the game is a bought sandbox game. 

They have some serious explaining to do if they are charging for a title and claiming it's F2P because that's not even a Freemium model much less free to play!!!!

Comments

• tomincetomince Member Posts: 39

I had the same experience.  I double checked the website where I downloaded and it says "Play for Free" or something like that.  LIEZ i say, LIEZ!

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213

Download the game via windows live client then you can see the serial key code in there under the game AOE online.

the game is free to play but too much limitaion.so, yeah need to pay quite a bit to enjoy it.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Yep, that was quite the circle jerk.

Download the game, sign in to the game. You need a Micro$oft Live account. No worries, I go get a Hotmail, that lets me sign in to the game but you need it to be a Micro$soft game account to get the code. So, they send me to XBox and there you sign in for an account within the accounts of Micro$oft? I dunno, I never did get to play because while all the accoutns I logged in to would log in at various sites they never cross identified and I never did get the code.

Confused? Yep, me too.

Thanks for wasting 3GB of my bandwidth Microsucks. Shove your pay2win game up your ass.

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by free2play

Shove your pay2win game up your ass.

I thought you said you hadn't played it? It really isn't any more pay2win then any of the other AoE series in that you spend $20-30 and you can access all of the most powerful items etc. All thats different is they are allowing you to level up, quest and PvP for FREE and everyones complaining about it. Can't please some people...

• TomTrixxTomTrixx Member UncommonPosts: 94

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

I thought you said you hadn't played it? It really isn't any more pay2win then any of the other AoE series in that you spend $20-30 and you can access all of the most powerful items etc. All thats different is they are allowing you to level up, quest and PvP for FREE and everyones complaining about it. Can't please some people...

BS!

If you want everything, they ghave a pack that cost what, 60-70€. Just the premium civ unlock for ONE civ costs 20€.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

The problem is that the game's account creation/login is the worst ever created. I seriously hope that they'll fire the person who made it, it's so bad there's no execuse for anyone making anything so retarded.

If you by some miracle happen to be able to create an account, the game itself will be F2P. Logging out and logging in an extra time during the account creation process worked for me and I didn't need to enter any code.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

This game is the definition of P2W.

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by tomaswilen

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

BS!

If you want everything, they ghave a pack that cost what, 60-70€. Just the premium civ unlock for ONE civ costs 20€.

Did I say you get everything? I said you get access to the most powerful items... Which you do. If all you want is to PvP and be competitive with some questing on the side $20-30 is all you need to spend.

• GudrunixGudrunix Member Posts: 149

Originally posted by Otakun

I disagree.  It is, as others have pointed out, a "freemium" model; you can play most the content for free, but need to pay for the top content.  "P2W", in my mind, means that those who pay the most win.  That isn't the case here, as a player who has spent $20 on one civilization can, in theory, be every bit as competitive as a player who has spent $100+ on multiple civilizations, campaigns, cosmetic features, etc.

The one qualification would be that some "booster packs" may have limited availability content which top players may need access to in order to be fully competitive; but I am not sure if that is the case, as the content in the boosters may be equivalent to what is already available with the premium civs.  But in any case, it's a far cry from the worst of the "P2W" games where the player has to constantly be dumping in real money for the best items, consumables, etc.  Not at all the same model.

• MrG8MrG8 Member UncommonPosts: 111

Well all these "F2P" MMOS today is just a way to get people to test the game! I got to the level 10 and thats about max level before you basically have to buy the premium civ in order to continue to have a fun game to play.

I decided that it wasnt worth those money so I didnt play beyond level 10.. but sure its not that much money if you like the game..

But yeha the Free To Play is somewhat misleading, if free to download, to creat an account and to login to the game, everything else cost money.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by Gudrunix

Originally posted by Otakun

I disagree.  It is, as others have pointed out, a "freemium" model; you can play most the content for free, but need to pay for the top content.  "P2W", in my mind, means that those who pay the most win.  That isn't the case here, as a player who has spent $20 on one civilization can, in theory, be every bit as competitive as a player who has spent $100+ on multiple civilizations, campaigns, cosmetic features, etc.

The one qualification would be that some "booster packs" may have limited availability content which top players may need access to in order to be fully competitive; but I am not sure if that is the case, as the content in the boosters may be equivalent to what is already available with the premium civs.  But in any case, it's a far cry from the worst of the "P2W" games where the player has to constantly be dumping in real money for the best items, consumables, etc.  Not at all the same model.

Yeah, sort of like TF2 and LoL.

Err, wait...Those games give all content for free and the only thing you pay for are cosmetics.

Silly me

The F2P model has changed. Either you're a company who realizes this (Riot, Valve, ArenaNet), or you're a company who doesn't (Gas Powered Games).

• DeepcutsDeepcuts Member UncommonPosts: 22

More like a demo, that keeps reminding you that if you do not pay....you'd better not play

F2P in their dreams.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Microsoft was pretty up front about it when they talked about the cash shop. There is an option to play for free, but people who used the cash shop would have an advantage over the free players.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Originally posted by clankyasp

Download the game via windows live client then you can see the serial key code in there under the game AOE online.

the game is free to play but too much limitaion.so, yeah need to pay quite a bit to enjoy it.

You mean $20 and that's it, you can fully enjoy a civilization to its fullest.