Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope the Cantina dont get to crowded with RPers

I just hope that the Cantina on each planet don't get over crowded with gamers who only want to RP or ERP for that matter. I feel that it will bring TOR down if such players wind up doing this. After all that is why I avoided Goldshire in WoW. I am fearing that this will be the case with TOR at each of the planets. I do realize that there will be RP realms but from previous experience that don't mean much and in reality it seems that pvp players prefer to utilize RP realms on other MMO's, Major reason I am concern about it is that in KotOR the Cantina was used as a quest hub and all we need are a bunch of half naked sith dancing on the tables. [Mod Edit]

Comments

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

I hope it will... One of the things in SWG i really liked... in Pre CU

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Yes that will totally ruin our experience, I just want to grind my quests in peace please and not be bothered by the other players dancing in a cantina.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Of all the things to complain about...

I hope they are JAM PACKED. In fact, I hope they are so packed that they cause the servers to crash and explode, resulting in a minimum three days of downtime.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Originally posted by Kost

LOL every other subject has been touched it seems. Trying a fresh thread on TOR.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Isturi

Originally posted by Kost

LOL every other subject has been touched it seems. Trying a fresh thread on TOR.

It's definitely original, gotta give you props for that :)

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

I just hope that the Catina on each planet does get over crowded with gamers who only want to RP.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Cantinas will be full of Smugglers cybering with their Wookie companions.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Major reason I am concern about it is that in KotOR the Catina was used as a quest hub

Setting aside your irrational fear of naked sith... The cantina in TOR has already been stated to be a social hub and not a quest hub so you have zero to worry about. Whether you still want to look for quests there while pretending not to look at the naked Hutts making out is up to you.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

I totally agree with the op.  I shouldn't have to be subjected to other people making complete fools of themselves while I'm feeding my companion drinks trying to talk them out of their pants.  People should keep their role playing to themselves or find some place private like an ally or the cargo hold of their ship.  [Mod Edit]

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

The hell is a Catina....

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Why would anyone go to a cantina?  I bet you will go inside it for a couple standard quests and thats it.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by wormywyrm

Why would anyone go to a cantina?  I bet you will go inside it for a couple standard quests and thats it.

This, the rp players that played music and danced in swg made it a hangout on a few planets and that was one of the cool aspects.

Originally posted by Xerith

The hell is a Catina....

If you are asking what is a cantina rent or buy Star War a new hope about half way into the movie you find out. lol

And ty for the correction. (Blushing)

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" - Obi Wan

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Hope they are absolutely jam packed with players/RPers alike. The more, the merrier!

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by wormywyrm

If you think this game is simply going to be a quest grind...do more research.  My guess is that it will have one of the better RP communities around.  

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I just hope that the Cantina on each planet don't get over crowded with gamers who only want to RP or ERP for that matter. I feel that it will bring TOR down if such players wind up doing this. After all that is why I avoided Goldshire in WoW. I am fearing that this will be the case with TOR at each of the planets. I do realize that there will be RP realms but from previous experience that don't mean much and in reality it seems that pvp players prefer to utilize RP realms on other MMO's, Major reason I am concern about it is that in KotOR the Cantina was used as a quest hub and all we need are a bunch of half naked sith dancing on the tables. [Mod Edit].

Originally posted by Xondar123

I just hope that the Catina on each planet does get over crowded with gamers who only want to RP.

Aye. How can one NOT want cantinas to be full of roleplaying and socializing people? o.0

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

God damn RPers. Always trying to ruin RPGs.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Hey guys lets refrain from personal attacks and baiting. Thanks.

EDIT : Also, let's stay on topic in regards to keeping things confined to Roleplaying in SWTOR.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

Meh, i don't really care as long as i don't have to participate.

I swear i can't count on two hands the number of times somebody tried to get me to come with them for a "private music session" in SWG. That always used to make me feel a special kind of creeped out (at least after the first time where i thought "Hey what's the harm" brrr), needless to say i didn't play my musician for long.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I just hope that the Cantina on each planet don't get over crowded with gamers who only want to RP or ERP for that matter. I feel that it will bring TOR down if such players wind up doing this. After all that is why I avoided Goldshire in WoW. I am fearing that this will be the case with TOR at each of the planets. I do realize that there will be RP realms but from previous experience that don't mean much and in reality it seems that pvp players prefer to utilize RP realms on other MMO's, Major reason I am concern about it is that in KotOR the Cantina was used as a quest hub and all we need are a bunch of half naked sith dancing on the tables. Another reason for my concern is that BW all ready announced that they will allow same sex relationship shortly after launch I assume that it probably take place on the first patch. So lol now you can see that not only will the Sith player be half naked but it could be male or female. meh go figure.

Well there are two things going on here. Actually there are more than two things but I'll only address two.

1, You make a statement that you don't want role players to be in a perfect place for role play. The cantina. And in a role play game no less but that is one of the other things I'm not going into but  bears mentioning.

2, You then list this as your role play complaint: all we need are a bunch of half naked sith dancing on the tables. Another reason for my concern is that BW all ready announced that they will allow same sex relationship shortly after launch I assume that it probably take place on the first patch. So lol now you can see that not only will the Sith player be half naked but it could be male or female. meh go figure.

So I then ask "how do you reconcile 1 with 2?"

"1" is you don't want to experience role play and "2" is you don't want to see people who are treating their tunes like the Solid Gold Dancers at best and erotic marrionettes at worst. but you never actually give one exampe of actual ROLE PLAY.

So the only conclusions I can leap to is that you don't know what role play is and your real beef is the whole erotic marionette issue.

Which of course means that I can actually agree with you.  I don't want to see that either. However, actual role players are fine.

edit: and two half naked male or female avatars can dance together and emote together without having to add same sex relationship features. Just sayin'.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Don't like RP? Don't play on an RP server.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

Originally posted by Sovrath

I just hope that the Cantina on each planet don't get over crowded with gamers who only want to RP or ERP for that matter. I feel that it will bring TOR down if such players wind up doing this. After all that is why I avoided Goldshire in WoW. I am fearing that this will be the case with TOR at each of the planets. I do realize that there will be RP realms but from previous experience that don't mean much and in reality it seems that pvp players prefer to utilize RP realms on other MMO's, Major reason I am concern about it is that in KotOR the Cantina was used as a quest hub and all we need are a bunch of half naked sith dancing on the tables. Another reason for my concern is that BW all ready announced that they will allow same sex relationship shortly after launch I assume that it probably take place on the first patch. So lol now you can see that not only will the Sith player be half naked but it could be male or female. meh go figure.

Well there are two things going on here. Actually there are more than two things but I'll only address two.

1, You make a statement that you don't want role players to be in a perfect place to role play. The cantina. And in a role play game no less but that is one of the other things.

2, You then list this as your  role play complaint: all we need are a bunch of half naked sith dancing on the tables. Another reason for my concern is that BW all ready announced that they will allow same sex relationship shortly after launch I assume that it probably take place on the first patch. So lol now you can see that not only will the Sith player be half naked but it could be male or female. meh go figure.

"1" is you don't want to experience role play and "2" is you don't want to see people who are treating their tunes like the solid gold dancers at best and erotic marrionettes at worst. but you never actually give one exampe of actual ROLE PLAY.

So the only conclusion I can leap to is that you don't know what role play is and your real beef is the whole erotic marionette issue.

Which of course means that I can actually agree with you. Don't want to see that either. However, actual role players are fine.

Interesting deduction. The who aspect to playing a RP toon is to pretend to be someone to heighten your game play. If It leads to something more then "Rated Teen" well as a adult I would hope that one using common since would have enough since to know that people are not what they say they are on the other end of the aspect. That is why I personally Dont RP I am not against it. My biggest fear is that It will wind up like Goldshire.

Originally posted by Sovrath

1, You make a statement that you don't want role players to be in a perfect place to role play. The cantina. And in a role play game no less but that is one of the other things.

2, You then list this as your  role play complaint: all we need are a bunch of half naked sith dancing on the tables. Another reason for my concern is that BW all ready announced that they will allow same sex relationship shortly after launch I assume that it probably take place on the first patch. So lol now you can see that not only will the Sith player be half naked but it could be male or female. meh go figure.

"1" is you don't want to experience role play and "2" is you don't want to see people who are treating their tunes like the solid gold dancers at best and erotic marrionettes at worst. but you never actually give one exampe of actual ROLE PLAY.

So the only conclusion I can leap to is that you don't know what role play is and your real beef is the whole erotic marionette issue.

Which of course means that I can actually agree with you. Don't want to see that either. However, actual role players are fine.

Interesting deduction. The who aspect to playing a RP toon is to pretend to be someone to heighten your game play. If It leads to something more then "Rated Teen" well as a adult I would hope that one using common since would have enough since to know that people are not what they say they are on the other end of the aspect. That is why I personally Dont RP I am not against it. My biggest fear is that It will wind up like Goldshire.

Well there are several things to that as well.

is to pretend to be someone to heighten your game play.

I completely agree and it appears you know what role play is in that regard.

If It leads to something more then "Rated Teen" well as a adult I would hope that one using common since would have enough since to know that people are not what they say they are on the other end of the aspect.

this part leads to a difficult discussion.

In most ways I'm "not" a role player. However, when I solo I like to adopt the mindset of the character I'm playing in order to "act" or "improv" a character. But that's pretty much where that stays.

I add that to then color my next statement which is that I think an actual role player, and a good one, would be aware of his/'her surroundings and what is appropriate for his/her character.

So, one can have a character who dances in a cantina but just dancing doesn't make them a role player. Dancing erotically and making erotic overtures is about something else (part of my difficult discussion).

If I was part of an improv group and my character was improvising with another  actor and some sort of flirtation came up I would be cognizant of the venue, the troop and my audience. I realize that inexperienced artsists of all media types think that not having rules is freeing but it's actually establishing rules that is freeing. It's a tough thing to teach.

So a good role player isn't going to just start out dancing in a cantina "just to dance erotically". I would also say that a good role player who has a character that would dance in a cantina would be aware of their story and character arch and realize they were in a public place which  for the most part wasn't in a red light district and would play their character accordingly.

My sense is that players who feel the need to act out explcit sexually charged "scenes" in mmo game public are not doing it out of good role play but out of the need for something else.

of course, anything that one does in the privacy of the game world is fair game. viva la diffrence for those who are into that sort of thing.

I've experienced some good role players in lord of the rings online and it really changed my game experience and my sense of the world.

And I don't play on a role play server.

The need to bring it out in public and essentially shove it down players' throats is about something else. My opinion for what it's worth. This is not to say I'm against people from doing erotic role play. Just as I'm not against players who might play very traditional characters or who adopt traditional values, etc, etc.

I am against forcing extreme (for lack of a better word) theater on people who are not the right demographic for that type of thing.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• Vlad_TepesVlad_Tepes Member Posts: 47

For me, I hope they do. It was one of the things I loved about Galaxies. Galaxies did 3 things very well at launch...1. The classes rocked. Classes for combat folks and non combat folks was awesome. And we at times needed to rely on each other, causing us all to interact much more. 2. The crafting system was awesome. You had people that had a rep for being great crafters, and you pretty much just bought from them. And the stuff broke down, keeping them in business. 3. The PVP setup. Flag for full pvp, never flag and remain safe to pve, and covert. Awesome. Everyone could play together like they wanted, and with the covert system, you just never knew when you where about to get attacked.

So I say, let them RP away. It's not my thing, but many like it and I never liked the RP's to be stuck on just RP servers to have fun. We should all be together, defferent likes, same world. 

I'd MUCH rather read even poor RP text than Chuck Norris jokes and childish banter.

Originally posted by Vlad_Tepes

I'd MUCH rather read even poor RP text than Chuck Norris jokes and childish banter.

ok that's true, I'll give you that. image