Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Art Design Comparison

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2011/02/swtor-graphics-evolution-comparison.html

Interesting comparison especially when combined with video footage from the last two years.

Comments

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520

And a video on the animations which seems to be a common complaint.

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2011/02/swtor-combat-animations-compilation-so.html

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Thanks for the link. I think it does do a good job of showing how much the graphics have improved. However, I'm not sure it's attempt to compare it to other games is really all that well done. As one of the comments points out it's very skewed, picking some of the best models of TOR against some of the worste of other games.

The graphics of this game definitely aren't it's selling point. While they aren't bad, they are (as Bioware themselves have stated) toned down for performance purposes. People should be focusing on other aspects of the game.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by aesperus

Thanks for the link. I think it does do a good job of showing how much the graphics have improved. However, I'm not sure it's attempt to compare it to other games is really all that well done. As one of the comments points out it's very skewed, picking some of the best models of TOR against some of the worste of other games.
    The graphics of this game definitely aren't it's selling point. While they aren't bad, they are (as Bioware themselves have stated) toned down for performance purposes. People should be focusing on other aspects of the game.

Actually at the latest events in Europe, people were stating just how fantastic the graphics were with a few stating how a video doesn't capture just how good they are. I had posted a thread with several such responses. I think most people are going to be pleasantly surprised just how good the graphics are when they actually play the game hopefully on a relatively good pc.

There Is Always Hope!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

If you seriously want to compare graphics you need to see screenshots at 100% resolution. These scaled, compressed portraits aren't helping too much. And no environments either.

This french site is a great way to tour through all released screenshots, navigation is below the image, 1 click scales it to full format for some extra crisp: clicky