Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eden Eternal: A Fun Time Sink

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

One of Eden Eternal's most impressive features is the ability for characters to switch classes on the fly. MMORPG.com's Phil Bickle wonders, however, if this is a component of a great game or just a gimmick to get people to try it out. You'll have to read our official review to find out. Leave us your comments when finished!

Playing the role of a hero, born of a crystal and with no memory of their past, the player sets out into the world of Eden Eternal as an Eternal Guardian. According to legend the Eternal Guardians are the ones who will cure the world of its political strife. Right from the start players are asked to prove that they are indeed the chosen ones by doing various tasks for a myriad of NPCs, all based on the notion that as a reward the NPCs will tell them about their past, and their future.

Read more of Phil Bickle's Eden Eternal: A Fun Time Sink.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Its definately not the worst F2P mmo if you can live with the anime graphics

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I just have one question that's been bugging me whenever I try these FTP animish grinders.  What is with the double chat box?  What is the purpose of the one you talk in and whatever that one on top of it does?

To me it makes the game look ugly and this game is even worse, the UI is the ugliest UI, aside from AoC's, that I have ever seen.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

If you have fun in a game that is all that counts, does not matter what the graphics or content or anything else is, as long as you are enjoying it.

• ScKnZScKnZ Member UncommonPosts: 6

I've been playing this game for quite a long, and its a very reasonable game, "easy" to play, the social life in it is awesome and the gameplay is quite good, to be honest,  from my experience in MMO's this one is one of the most enjoyable games i've played, because of it simplicity, and the graphics are quite good too.

@elocke ; the double window box is to separate the chat from the items and experiece you gain, because in most of games there is only one box where you see the chat and system stuff and sometimes it can be quite confusing, in this case its separated to simplify the chat and sytem reading.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by kishe

Style preference.

I persoanlly would love to play this, but like many Asain games no mouse support, and I love my mouse.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • DrastDrast Member UncommonPosts: 149

Originally posted by kishe

I could handle those graphics/asthetics.  But I can not handle that UI.  That is a horrible abortion of an UI.

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by elocke

I just have one question that's been bugging me whenever I try these FTP animish grinders.  What is with the double chat box?  What is the purpose of the one you talk in and whatever that one on top of it does?

To me it makes the game look ugly and this game is even worse, the UI is the ugliest UI, aside from AoC's, that I have ever seen.

The boxes can be used to seperate chatbox notifications.  It doesn't have to be the defeault settings, it can be changed.  Nice feature but sometimes I wish it was optional.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

It's a decent little free MMO, with one major problem: It's run by Aeria Games, which means I wouldn't touch it with a thousand-foot pole, given how corrupt that company is. Oh well.

An example of Aeria Games'  unethical practices and lies can be found here: http://aeriagamestruth.blogspot.com/

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Personally digging this game as a way to get my grind/mmo fix while not currently subbed to anything and spending more time on my console.  Not the greatest MMO or anything, but a nice free way to kill some time.

Steam: Neph

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by DeaThS0ul

I've been playing this game for quite a long, and its a very reasonable game, "easy" to play, the social life in it is awesome and the gameplay is quite good, to be honest,  from my experience in MMO's this one is one of the most enjoyable games i've played, because of it simplicity, and the graphics are quite good too.

@elocke ; the double window box is to separate the chat from the items and experiece you gain, because in most of games there is only one box where you see the chat and system stuff and sometimes it can be quite confusing, in this case its separated to simplify the chat and sytem reading.

Ah, ok thanks.  I need to figure out how to configure the lower box than so I'm not bombarded with all of those weird, colorful emotitcons and symbols and sales calls.  How is the gameplay in this game though because the graphics and UI sure don't appeal to me, but I can overlook it if it feels good to play and flows nicely and keeps one busy with interesting things to do other than grind mobs and pick loot up off the ground.

• regubareguba Member Posts: 56

This certainly wasn't a game I could stick with for any length of time, but my step brother and I had a blast doofing around a team of two in the beta. Game moves along really quick at the start, so we had enough to do.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

So the game is "mediocre" but still a "fun time sink" ?..

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

EE is not even fun, except in very few 1st levels.  Thought I like graphic and animations, but fun stops there. It's grindfest worst ever and it's pay 2 win. Crafting system? Bullshit. U can spend a lot time to farm mats for what? To get craft failed. LOL! And why you must pay for Cash Shop items in open beta? Enlight me. Oh, wait, it's another 'F2P' crap always exists in beta statuses...

Overal quality of game in my opinion: -10/10.

And, publisher, Aeria... No comment.

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

Posted by elocke on 9/30/11 at 10:49:51 AM

The second box is normally for world chat which you may or may not have access to. Many of the f2p games like that have trumpets or flutes or what have you to chat to the game world ( server wide)

I tried it briefly. It's just not for me. 

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185

It's certainly not "bad" especially by the standards of past f2p mmos but at the same time it's not an LOTRO, AoC, EQII, or DDO.  I could find plenty in this game to praise but the standards for these f2ps have just moved far higher let alone to compare it to games such as Rift, WoW, SWTOR, and GW2.  What was good for a f2p three years ago isn't the same as today. 

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by Nhoj1983

It's certainly not "bad" especially by the standards of past f2p mmos but at the same time it's not an LOTRO, AoC, EQII, or DDO.  I could find plenty in this game to praise but the standards for these f2ps have just moved far higher let alone to compare it to games such as Rift, WoW, SWTOR, and GW2.  What was good for a f2p three years ago isn't the same as today. 

This is so true. Where the East had a lockdown on the F2P model, with DDO and LOTRO and a few other once AAA titles going F2P, you can't look at the eastern titles the same way anymore.  Many people think that games like Lotro and DDO failed, but truth is they have lasted longer as a pay to play game before goign F2P then most asian grind fests mmos last in there entire life cycle.  They have an almost disposable attitude to making F2P games, crank them out as fast as possible because each on alone makes only a small profit.  Meanwhile, LOTRO and DDO make Turbine more money now then when both games were P2P and they are high quality games meant to last.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

the game is "fun" for a while..... but the kiddy look i cant stand it

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

This game is crap, it is purely an excuse for a cash shop.  Why is MMORPG.com wasting valuable time and reviewers on crap like this????

• ArmaniDevilArmaniDevil Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by PioneerStew

This game is crap, it is purely an excuse for a cash shop.  Why is MMORPG.com wasting valuable time and reviewers on crap like this????

Aeria games runs ad campaigns on this site rather frequently.

Money talks.

Originally posted by ArmaniDevil

Originally posted by PioneerStew

Aeria games runs ad campaigns on this site rather frequently.

Money talks.

It was a little  rhetorical, but yes. Money talks and people walk. 

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

There was a time not so long ago when I would go to the home page at mmorpg.com and I would see titles that were more....substantive.  But now more and more its these type of games, which are more useless and annoying than spam mail.  

Originally posted by Terranah

There was a time not so long ago when I would go to the home page at mmorpg.com and I would see titles that were more....substantive.  But now more and more its these type of games, which are more useless and annoying than spam mail.  

Agree, hopefully someone more erm... substantive is reading. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Aeria Games CRITS for 1138 using pretty pastel colors!

Cool review.  I've played others from Aeria (Last Chaos, Shaiya, Grand Fantasia) and found them enjoyable.  Looks like it's time to download another.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Aeria Games CRITS for 1138 using pretty pastel colors!

Cool review.  I've played others from Aeria (Last Chaos, Shaiya, Grand Fantasia) and found them enjoyable.  Looks like it's time to download another.

Action, either yourt name is a lie or,,, no thats it your name is a lie

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

2 Simple question that will determine the outcome that this game is good or not

1: how bad is the RMT spam?

2: how bad is the Bot?

thanks

So What Now?