Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Singularity Updated with Racial Captain's Quarters

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The EVE Online blog has been updated with the news that the final three racial captain's quarters have been released on Singularity.  The blog features some nice looking screenshots of each that show the detail that the dev team added to reflect the unique characteristics and societal influences of the Caldari, the Amarr, and the Gallente.

Check out the full developer blog on the EVE Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

A step in the right direction for content imho.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Finally!  But I wouldn't get your hopes up.  CCP is announcing a "new direction" they are taking the game, so this will probably all we get for Incarna.  As for actually walking in stations(WiS), going to clubs, player controlled establishments, we'll probably never see it now.   Just walking in CQ's nearly melts your GPU.   Imagine what walking in a station environment with other players will be like.  ::shudders::

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by Czanrei

A step in the right direction for content imho.

not in any way. but they might as well finish the mess they started, we'll see about that new direction next year. until then i hope they enjoy significantly decreased subs.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Why does going a new direction mean the death of the Incarna project?

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

It's cool and all, but racial quarters isn't going to bring me back.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

well it all look the same ......

BestSigEver :P

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

"Cause the future is full of lens flares"

Lens flares also have the distinct advantage of blinding at all the wrong times...subterfuge? You decide.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Because that's what CCP does to all EVE's new game systems.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

/care

I love EVE, I've got multiple accounts, but really, the whole CQ is worthless to me.  It was cool for about five minutes, now I don't even pay attention to it.  New quarters is nice and all, and I know they were mostly done anyways, so release them already.  Then maybe they concentrate on making the game better (yeah right, one can hope though?!?!?!?!)

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I like what I've seen of Incarna a lot so far.

I really hope to see it develope further.

It will make mey give my $ to CCP for the first time ever.  They'll achieve another customer, in me, if they keep updating and expanding it.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

I am in love. <3

And yet... I can't help but wonder, what purpose does it serve? Unless of course, it's a side feature, this cool endeavour has absolute nothing to do with the game. 

It's funny I should say this, because I am the biggest GIRL when it comes to stuff like this. I am probably the biggest supporter of a more real, immersive EVE. I am the type of player who doesn't care if CCP has to retcon their lore about pods if it means we get to stare at our pilot's virtual ass for a little longer. I am the noob that tried a free trial because of the Incursion character creator. 

And for all that... I feel underwhelmed!

Oh, and off topic, but is the scale of the space ships off or what? I always imagined these ships to be monstrous in size. Kind of like if you stood on a pier and stared an ocean liner. Except in this case the ocean liner is 50 times as large. Is it me or anyone else?

PS. Gallente are unsurprisingly the sexiest image

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Wo cares! Only Caldari looks awesome. Take a look at ships-- Amarr -bananas, Gallente -Bugs and Minmatar -rusty crap. Caldari looks from every aspect of game god like-awesome   stations, super awesome ships and  best pilots in all Eve online galaxy. Eve forever but under the rule of Gallente never!

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Yeah... Ill revisit EvE once Staion environments with shops, games and actual content gets released.

Maybe two or three years, considering CCP is changing direction? 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• gryphon93gryphon93 Member Posts: 68

It's code for "we're bored developing this thing and we found another shiny object to focus on".

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by gryphon93

It's code for "we're bored developing this thing and we found another shiny object to focus on".

We'll see.

This is not a game.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

They've spent all their time on making a big box with a corridor just to see exactly what you could see before, the OUTSIDE OF YOUR SHIP ?!

• achmed20achmed20 Member Posts: 23

well they did a little bit more.

i kinda wanted incarance since when i first saw and play eve. which was 2003 btw.

eve was allways missing the social hangout areas like cantinas in SWG 4 example. where could could just xhat and do some random crap beside ining and doing missions. cant wait see what is coming with WiS.

i just hope they make dust available for the PC too sooner or later.