Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmmm I thought Age of Empires online would attract alot of players

13»

Comments

• ers061156ers061156 Member Posts: 1

I generally agree with everything here.  I am still playing just for entertainment and am only on level 3.  Just play during lunch at work.  I am not into the cartoony game graphics either and as far as the pricing, it's ridiculus.  I could buy AoE I and AoE II for less and get more.  This needs to go for REAL f2p.  Just my opinion.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by eddieg50

I figured all RTS players would want to try it but it does not seem like anyone wants to try it?

Uhm have you tried it yourself???? first of all their signup system is the worst thing since myspace. second, they try to get money from you before you even begin the game and last, they try to force you to pay for every little thing in the game instead of making a more successful model that Turbine adopted where you pay for only some things and others you get for free by playing the game. Typical microsoft fail.

What gets me is they think they can make into an mmo style rts with only four civilizations.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by itgrowls

I figured all RTS players would want to try it but it does not seem like anyone wants to try it?

Uhm have you tried it yourself???? first of all their signup system is the worst thing since myspace. second, they try to get money from you before you even begin the game and last, they try to force you to pay for every little thing in the game instead of making a more successful model that Turbine adopted where you pay for only some things and others you get for free by playing the game. Typical microsoft fail.

What gets me is they think they can make into an mmo style rts with only four civilizations.

I am playing it and the sign up was as easy as pie, I paid $20 for a premium nation subscription and wont have to pay anymore, I also play LOTRO and have paid a heck of alot more than this game. For 20 you get everything you need, I really hate it when people who have not played come on here and try to sound like they know what they are talking about , its sad really

Originally posted by ers061156

I generally agree with everything here.  I am still playing just for entertainment and am only on level 3.  Just play during lunch at work.  I am not into the cartoony game graphics either and as far as the pricing, it's ridiculus.  I could buy AoE I and AoE II for less and get more.  This needs to go for REAL f2p.  Just my opinion.

ya wow $20 really hurt me in the old pocket book, do you really want to play aoe 1 I dont , AOE 2 is good and that is what this game is based upon with some very good RPG in there also.  What can I say people come on this forum and have no idea what they are talking about, again its sad

For 20 you get everything you need, I really hate it when people who have not played come on here and try to sound like they know what they are talking about , its sad really

Riight so you missed my post on the long drawn out ordeal on setting up a free account to try it out before you buy because that in it's essence is REALLY what Free to Play is and that's how Microsoft is advertising it, you missed my post on just how bad the downloading of the game was, on how little they put into the game, and just how much they wanted you to spend to be competative in a pvp sense? I guess you don't really know what you're talking about. Sad really.

For 20 you get everything you need, I really hate it when people who have not played come on here and try to sound like they know what they are talking about , its sad really

Riight so you missed my post on the long drawn out ordeal on setting up a free account to try it out before you buy because that in it's essence is REALLY what Free to Play is and that's how Microsoft is advertising it, you missed my post on just how bad the downloading of the game was, on how little they put into the game, and just how much they wanted you to spend to be competative in a pvp sense? I guess you don't really know what you're talking about. Sad really.

Like I said $20 is all you need to compete, Just cause you wrote a long post does not mean anything in it is correct. Did you play the game and for how long? If you are serious about your comment you will answere this question and please dont make up an answere

Like I said $20 is all you need to compete, Just cause you wrote a long post does not mean anything in it is correct. Did you play the game and for how long? If you are serious about your comment you will answere this question and please dont make up an answere

Wrong again. And just because you post something doesn't mean you don't leave out facts. just because you can get blue items doesn't mean you ARE going to. $20 is around the price i found one needed just for the premium acct much less getting one of the other civilizations which at the time i tried it cost another $20. F2P my behind.  I'm not the only one to discover how corrupt this games tactics are just look at the reviews. 

• Need to spend at least $20 to feel like you're playing a complete game  * Gamespot

•  

•  

• –High money store cost. * MMOHUT 

•  

•  

• this journey to the level cap will be a grind with sub-par equipment for units, limited inventory space, few options for multiplayer, and other features that would otherwise be at your disposal for a premium civilization of your choosing. *1up.com review

Not to mention the other four civilizations will cost $80 that's a real penny saver let me tell yeah. Yeah so it's not just $20 dude unless they realized their mistake when after I and so many other people posted about how terrible the costs in their microstore were. And if they did change them great but as it stand now until someone does a more recent review, it's still a terrible model. Their F2P model means you can do repetative quest grinds until you turn 80 years old trying to reach level 40 and you STILL can't 1: earn points to be spent in the store 2: gain the ability with said points of specific PIECES of the game like improving what type of gear you can use which EVERY other successful F2P or Fremium model uses.

BTW i never make up answers i actually do the research first. Nice try tho.

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

Wrong again. And just because you post something doesn't mean you don't leave out facts. just because you can get blue items doesn't mean you ARE going to. $20 is around the price i found one needed just for the premium acct much less getting one of the other civilizations which at the time i tried it cost another $20. F2P my behind.  I'm not the only one to discover how corrupt this games tactics are just look at the reviews. 

• Need to spend at least $20 to feel like you're playing a complete game  * Gamespot

•  

•  

• –High money store cost. * MMOHUT 

•  

•  

• this journey to the level cap will be a grind with sub-par equipment for units, limited inventory space, few options for multiplayer, and other features that would otherwise be at your disposal for a premium civilization of your choosing. *1up.com review

Not to mention the other four civilizations will cost $80 that's a real penny saver let me tell yeah. Yeah so it's not just $20 dude unless they realized their mistake when after I and so many other people posted about how terrible the costs in their microstore were. And if they did change them great but as it stand now until someone does a more recent review, it's still a terrible model. Their F2P model means you can do repetative quest grinds until you turn 80 years old trying to reach level 40 and you STILL can't 1: earn points to be spent in the store 2: gain the ability with said points of specific PIECES of the game like improving what type of gear you can use which EVERY other successful F2P or Fremium model uses.

BTW i never make up answers i actually do the research first. Nice try tho.

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

Why would you need to buy the other 4 civs? you can get one civ and get everything you need, I dont know what microsoft did to you dude but I think you need therapy to get over your hatred of them.  Every single free to play game out there leaves out something hopeing you will buy from their shop , are you naive or something. as far as your #1 and #2 goes again just purchase a civ for $20 and you will get what you need. I dont want ot get personal but I think your hatred of microsoft is making you a very bitter person and that is to bad because at the end of the day it is just a game. Now take a deep breath and repeat after me "it is just a game, it is just a game" I really sugest you stop playing MMO's for awhile and get some perspective- good luck

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Age of Empires Online is just a sham. Just like all f2p cash shop games. Why would you think a lot of people would pay so much to play a "f2p" low quality game that cost more than subscription games?

Originally posted by Golelorn

Age of Empires Online is just a sham. Just like all f2p cash shop games. Why would you think a lot of people would pay so much to play a "f2p" low quality game that cost more than subscription games?

asked and answered , next

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Originally posted by Golelorn

asked and answered , next

There are 7 pages disputing your claims.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Omali

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by marzatplay
    I was going to buy this thining it was going to be a box price, but sadly the item shop has scared me away.

Microsoft said that paying players would have an advantage in fights. It may not be pay to win, but it's definitely pay to be competitive.

This isn't terribly surprising though...Microsoft's business model has always been to charge a premium for mediocre stuff that you may not be able to get elsewhere.

It has? Like where else?

You can't win or compete in the game unless you pay Microsoft a fee. The product is fairly mediocre. Also, Microsoft always messes up their first shot at everything...so their next version of Age of Empires will actually be good. If they do a next version.

** edit **
    They were pretty up front about it though. It's a competitive game and to really compete with other players, you need to buy a pass from Microsoft. This was known well before the game was out. Not sure they are advertising this now though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.