Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yesterday's Mishap Kinda Scares Me...

Not the game...but the people who we will be playing with. I saw some of the worse comments ever come out about the mail situation. One cat described the experience as if someone emailed him and told him his family was dead. I know people talk about how WoW brought out the worst of a few individuals, but I don't recall ever seeing any reaction like this 3 months prior to a release of a game. It may come across as a joke, but I truly an concerned for some people...

Comments

• DrachonisDrachonis Member Posts: 183

Forgive them, for they know not what they do...

• anthonyman6anthonyman6 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Honestly, people who flip out about this sort of thing, I don't want in the game.

Some people need to get real. It was an accidental email, not that big of a deal. You aren't paid to be in testing or anything, so if you aren't, oh well deal with it. The game comes out in December.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Welcome to the Internet, the great thing is everyone has a voice, and the terrible thing is that everyone has a voice.
  • DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by eayes

Welcome to the Internet, the great thing is everyone has a voice, and the terrible thing is that everyone has a voice.

This pretty much.

Anonimity induced us with a communal memory lapse of the proverb "silence is golden".

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

It definitely gives a reflection on what the community is like, as I go through some of the comments in the official SWTOR forum, you will realize that the majority is extremely immature in their opinions. 

There is actually people asking for compensation for getting excited and confused on whether or not they deleted their beta invite when they gotten the survey. Having people actually ASKING for compensation for a small mistake like that really made me think that the society as a whole is Doomed. I just hope that they are just immature kids who will play the game by themselves and not bother anyone once this game goes live.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by Lucioon

...is extremely immature in their opinions. 

Frankly, if they flip out over an email mishap, they probably won't stay in the game for the long run anyway.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Originally posted by Lucioon

...is extremely immature in their opinions. 

Frankly, if they flip out over an email mishap, they probably won't stay in the game for the long run anyway.

Thank you, and as i've said before, Hence the mass exodus a couple months after launch.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

What scares me is the amaturish practices of Bioware/EA

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Is this about the emails for the pre-order and comparing tester experience I got yesterday? I was like "man, did I get invited to the beta and didn't even know?" lol

Not that my computer can run it at the moment.

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Originally posted by Beachcomber

What scares me is the amaturish practices of Bioware/EA

That too. Although it's pretty much a given since the EAware merge. ME2 is starting to become the last great game from them, even though i preferred ME1, DA was pretty good, didn't touch DA2 if that means anything, first game from Bioware i never played. Hmmm.

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

Between the extreme cases of those who are traumatised by all this and those who see it as proof that TOR will fail, there is a huge majority of people who saw the email, thought "lol someone clicked the wrong button" and then got on with their days.

I can't help thinking that anyone who took it any other way probably should get some sense of perspective; it's a tiny bit of human error involving emails about a videogame, and none of it, not even the game itself, is really that important.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by bossalinie
    Not the game...but the people who we will be playing with. I saw some of the worse comments ever come out about the mail situation. One cat described the experience as if someone emailed him and told him his family was dead. I know people talk about how WoW brought out the worst of a few individuals, but I don't recall ever seeing any reaction like this 3 months prior to a release of a game. It may come across as a joke, but I truly an concerned for some people...

Oh THANK GOD! I figured, from the title, that you would be flaming Bioware for an obvious mistake.

And NO SHIT! People feel so entitled these days it's crazy.

• ArmaniDevilArmaniDevil Member Posts: 83

It had me checking my account mail... but I forgot about it five minutes later.

Don't want to sound like every other troll on the internet, but yeah, seriously, some people just need to get laid.