Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: Winds of Change Update Now Live

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Winds of Change, the second chapter of the Guild Wars Beyond trilogy is now live. The Guild Wars Beyond trilogy is the largest free content update to Guild Wars yet, and this latest chapter adds 11 new quests, 5 new respawn zones (Bukdek Byway, Shadow's Passage, Shenzun Tunnels, The Undercity, and Sunjiang District), as well as several additional hidden scenes. This is in addition to the previous 17 new quests added to the game with the first installment of the Beyond trilogy.

Gamers playing through the new content will find themselves in the middle of a conflict between the Ministry of Purity and the gangs of Kaineg, namely the Jade Brotherhood and Am Fah.  As the Ministry of Purity cracks down on the gangs, the people of Cantha begin to question whether security is worth all the bloodshed and even leads some to doubt the motives of the Ministry themselves as they ascend in power as a result of the ongoing conflict.

More information on the 'Winds of Change' update can be found at the official Guild Wars website.

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

It amazes me that ArenaNet is still spending time and money on GW when GW2 seems to be around the corner. From my understanding the GW servers will stay up even after the release of GW2. This shows the dedication and commitment from a company to it's clients. Top of the line imo! Impressive that they can balance doing both.

• altairraltairr Member UncommonPosts: 81

I think they will do better if they work more on GW2 rather then GW1 :-) but anyway, good work for old-school players.

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

Actually i think they will do better if they keep working on GW1. If they totally abandon GW1 it will show us gamers a lot. A company who sticks by thier games even when they have a huge release expected tells you a lot.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by altairr

I think they will do better if they work more on GW2 rather then GW1 :-) but anyway, good work for old-school players.

Two completely different teams working on the games. GW's live team would hardly make a difference in the development of GW2.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

with this gw: beyond content updates they are brining gw1 storyline and gw2 closer together. I'm still on Winds of Change chapter 1 thogh.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Theres seperate teams for both games. The people working on GW1 most likey don't know anything about GW2 as far as working on it tech wise

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Heh, I would like to check this out.. to bad arena net is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.  Im pretty sure they just blocked my email address as they wont even respond to my responses anymore..

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by quentin405

Heh, I would like to check this out.. to bad arena net is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.  Im pretty sure they just blocked my email address as they wont even respond to my responses anymore..

Actually, NCSoft handles Customer Service.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Alot

Doh, yeah my account was from when ANET ran things.. their merger or whatever the F*** with NCsoft pretty much said, Oh you bought all 3 boxes, but werent around for the merger? Now YOU DARE to come back years later and want to play? HAHAHAHAHA nope

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Alot

Doh, yeah my account was from when ANET ran things.. their merger or whatever the F*** with NCsoft pretty much said, Oh you bought all 3 boxes, but werent around for the merger? Now YOU DARE to come back years later and want to play? HAHAHAHAHA nope

As far as I know NCSoft has handled account and billing since day 1 !

The only merger that happened I can remember is the merging of EU and US accounts from NCsoft managed games to one single Global Master Account earlier this year.

With the European game accounts have gotten the EU tag in front of the account name.

So now you have one single global NCSoft Master account.

• abainalsargoabainalsargo Member Posts: 2

NCSoft is the publisher, ANet is the Developer go figure...

Anet have never *ran things* they make the game Ncsoft handles everything else.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by abainalsargo

NCSoft is the publisher, ANet is the Developer go figure...

In a way true, in another not so true. Anet is fully owned by NCSoft so Anet is part of NCsoft.

Originally posted by altairr

As said, it is a small team completely seperate from the GW2 team so it wouldn't make much of a difference.