Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

front panel jack for headphone broken

GoerillaGoerilla Member Posts: 91

I was using my headphone which is connected to the front panel jack of my computer to watch a movie. I got up to turn off the lights and I tripped over something jerking the cord in some way. I don't what happened to it but then now the sound from my headphone sounds like crap. It sounds like when you plug it in not entirely and it's kind of loose you hear blurry sounds and music. (like in your ipod) I'm positive that the jack is broken not my headphones because when I try to plug it in its so loose without any resistance. Is there any way to fix this? I realy need to use my headphones at night so im not loud. Does the back panel work? I don't want to keep switching the speaker cord and the headphone cord everytime i swtich.

Comments

• GoerillaGoerilla Member Posts: 91

ok nvm it was my headphones..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

was gonna say sounds more like a headphone issue.. time for some new ones lol

• GoerillaGoerilla Member Posts: 91

are u srs? Do headphone break that easily? It was 80 dollars and i bouht it 3 months ago.... I wasn't using it all the time I barelly used it at night when I was watching movies.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Check your warranty and see if you can get a new one.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by Goerilla

are u srs? Do headphone break that easily? It was 80 dollars and i bouht it 3 months ago.... I wasn't using it all the time I barelly used it at night when I was watching movies.

It are just a buch of tiny wires that are especially "exposed" in area where they enter the headset or a volume control thingy. That is where mine is broken right now. Opened it up and lose wires in the control so must he a broken cable, because shifting it around fixes my issues. I only miss part of the sound, usuallly thing like voices so seems to be to be just one cable. There are stronger cables though, but got one and that one just got broken as fast as anything else.

However like someone said check you warrenty, although it was your own fault it might be true in your country that the business in question has to proof that prior to some period of warranty (legal warranty) else you could always see how much it cost you to repair it. I do not believe replacing the plug should be costly.