Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make Posts

MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

I thought this was thread that should be shown today with the action today.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/67344-make-posts.html

Thread OP

Unread Today, 01:12   #1 (permalink)

Angry Make Posts

at least try to make this game look active.. cmon 2 week old posts on the front page. make some damn posts and stop chattin in irc so much. the first thing someone sees when they come to these forums to see how the pop is, is 2 week old posts on the front page.

MAKE POSTS

First response from a player...

Rep Power: 3 Pancake Effct is an unknown quantity at this point!!

Tehbofis, the forums for this game is the life and blood of Mortal Online, without it...I think Mortal Online couldn't exist because of the learning curve, economy, and etc.

Well if it's not active, no sense in beating an already dead horse.

People will post when the devs show the community the game is worth looking at again, which hasn't been anything for a good while besides more grindy features.

I guess the pop is up?

Comments

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Based on what, two posts from people whose join dates predate this so-called explosion by a year or more?

Edit: wasn't aware of the sarcasm :P

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

That reply was deleted already.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

That is why I put it here I was sure it was going to get deleted.  

In comes damage control..

Unread Today, 02:24   #4 (permalink)

Lead Community Moderator

If you're looking at a section like Roleplaying, of course posts are old, there isn't much conversation on that topic right now. Other sections get many posts a day. Instead of using the forum index, I would suggest using the New Posts button to see what people have been posting more recently.

The truth is 6 months ago the forums and IRC were more lively.  That is not the case now.  I am sure someone can explain a burst in population but forums and IRC not getting as much love as it used to be.  I am sure there is some wacky explanation in this.

Last time I was in IRC there were more people in the free UO IRC than MO.  

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

So forum activity is a safe indication of game population...  is that correct? 

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by funkmastaD

When every other metric points to a decline, then yes, it's pretty much confirmation.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

To a certain extent.  There will always be a discrepancy between forum activity and active population in any game, but when all activity ceases then that is certainly indicative of something.

Doubly so when a community monkey comes along afterwards and says "hey where'd everybody go?"

The MOFO and IRC were more active months ago.  And now they are not.  Finacials show the pop is declining.  The players are complaining the game is empty.

You would have to be a fool to not think that a declne in forum activity would also mean a decline in game activity.   And the IRC activity is down as well is this all just a weird coincidence??  Or just the obvious?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

so i decided to check the forums to see this loss of activity for myslef since yesterday the forums were pretty active and suprise suprise all the sections have posts pretty much either today or yesterday and athe rest jsut a few days ago http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/. So i have no idea what people are talking about also yesterday there was a steady 180 people on the forum, usually its aronud 70 less than that so there are indeed more people on the forum browsing and posting. although 70 people really isnt that much its still an increase. hence why i dont understand the point of this topic other than to scare monger

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by Moreplex

The MOFO and IRC were more active months ago.  And now they are not. 

Any numbers behind that ?  If you don't like/don't play the game, why spend enough time in IRC that you have a good estimate of the activity level  ?

When I frequented IRC months ago it was about 140+ last 3 weeks I have been in irc it has been 70-90.  Any numbers on it not declining??  

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

Oh Mortal Online. 

There is definately a pop there, I would know as most of them killed me on sight. The game has a good thing going and I read that there has been a burst of pop lately. Maybe they are cleaning up their act with the bugs and such. 

That game is broken down to two simple clases: wolves and sheep. The wolves do nothing except hone their characters to hunt other wolves and sheep. Mostly sheep. The sheep like doing everything else in the game and are not as good in pvp as the wolves.

The economy is broken as their is no safe way to transport goods and trade. You have to have political ties to have trading routes and safe spots. Making it impossible for new players to get a lot accomplished. Not for the feint of heart.

There are pre-patch players camping city entrances with pre-patch weapons killing newbs by the dozens.

Housing spots and keep spots are very limited if not all taken at the moment. Again, an up and coming player will have a tough time finding a house and new alliances will have to fight for keeps.

But other than that, its a good game that is set up to reward the players that have been with it for a long time. 

And the bugs...don't forget the bugs.

You are right tho.  As of me writing this, the forums are so livley this closed thread from last night  was not knocked out of the top position in the general chat.  

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Perhaps because Henrik uses the forum numbers himself to sell the game to his investors.

Every financial report so far Henrik has refused to disclose subscriber numbers and instead pointed to forum membership as a sign the game has any kind of population at all. Therefore when the MO forums have such little activity it is an entirely vaild point.

Henrik has just been bitten in the ass by his own PR.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Deathshroud likes the game so much he is letting his sub run out with %90 of his guild leave him alone.

I think he has been pretty fair about the game.  He has comented on both positive and negative aspects many times.  He doesn't seem to say anything is "fact" when it is opinion etc.  I tend to go with what posters like that say myself.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

When I frequented IRC months ago it was about 140+ last 3 weeks I have been in irc it has been 70-90.  Any numbers on it not declining??  

thoguht you was talking about forums? cause i was gonig to say what does irc have to do with this original post.

Anyway more players viewing the site over the past week, usually its much lower whilst there might be less actual posts due to the buzz of the update out of the way and dawn being realtively fixed, it does prove that theres even more people reading these posts and taking an interest in the game.

I give out honest answers and my own opinions to topics posted here or on the offical site. Being someone who enjoys playing mo naturally my posts might lean in favor of the game but i post criticism on things i dislike, dont agree on or believe need changing/fixing. But the difference here is i post constructive crticism unlike most people. Its easy to bash a game much harder to spot its issues and post ideas on how to fix them.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.