Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW or EQ2 for pvp?

hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Okay so im waiting for SWTOR to come out so im going to be killing time.  I'd like to play aion but ncsoft wont let me recover my account without calling them, which i do not want to do.  I currently own both games (quit wow after 1 day).  Now which one is better for lower level pvp, preferably objective pvp such as capture the flag type stuff (ive read it is in both but that could have changed).  I probably won't hit cap and playing would only be temporary so which one has the shortest queus.  I loved war but waiting 30 mins for a instance to pop if ever was horrible.

thanks

**Edit i only own the original box of wow. no expansions

Comments

• chreelchreel Member Posts: 4

If you're trying to stay away from a sub fee but want some decent lower end pvp, just download the wow trial.  Has a lvl 20 cap.  And the only way you'll get pvp with EQ2 is to subscribe, the EQ:EX version is only PvE.  

Or if you're up for trying something new, download Forsake World.  That's what i'm doing right now =), looks pretty awesome.

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

EQ2 PvP is a joke and not enjoyable because you just smash buttons.

WoW is the better choice

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Originally posted by chreel

If you're trying to stay away from a sub fee but want some decent lower end pvp, just download the wow trial.  Has a lvl 20 cap.  And the only way you'll get pvp with EQ2 is to subscribe, the EQ:EX version is only PvE.  

I don't mind subbing. actually would prefer it on the odd chance i actually hit a level cap

EDIT** i forgot to add i have every expansion for eq2 except the most recent one

Originally posted by drazzah

WoW is the better choice

I seem to remember alot more button mashing in WoW

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by drazzah

WoW is the better choice

I seem to remember alot more button mashing in WoW

Every game is button smashing, but in wow you also need a lot of movement and tactics.

BGs are fun, from lvl 10 I think... go for WoW. The best for (not open world) PvP.

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

out of curiousity can trials stop their exp gain at level 19 like full accounts can? If so that would make decent pvp because you would be max level for a bracket....although you would only play twinks. Anyway for low level PVP objective style I would play.....Halo, or C.O.D. lol. but I guess with your two choices I would go with WoW. Its decent PVP from level 10 up since the brackets are only 5 levels now you don't get completely destroyed when you enter a new bracket. 

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

EQ2 has some unique pvp. Their pvp servers are your best bet to get any enjoyment out of it. One on one is a little boring, but group combat shines.

WoW is WoW. There's a lot of pvp variety and you can build macros and manage skills slightly better. 

Both are button mashy so I dunno what some previous comments are talking about.

EQ2 you have to worry less about facing your opponent because it auto faces generally. That can be both a help or a detriment if they have some positional strikers lurking about.

EQ2's approch is a lil' odd / different feeling. WoW has more reward / features from it............

So I'd base my choice on that.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Wow, its not even close.  The only people that would even pretend otherwise are WoW haters.

Originally posted by Draemos

Wow, its not even close.  The only people that would even pretend otherwise are WoW haters.

Believe it or not, WoW is an EQ clone. *gasp*

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

I only know WoW, but WoW battleground PvP is definitely fun. In fact, I always queue for battegrounds while leveling. You might have to queue for a bit longer than you expect though, as most people are playing at cap (in fact, most people are playing at cap and in the 14-19 bracket).

You can also block your leveling in WoW (for a fee), but you will be put against twinks, so might not be as balanced.

• SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Member Posts: 277

the 14-19 bracket in WoW is the best since pallys are not gods at that level and there is not much crowd control from other classes; I think WAR has a free version and you can PvP since level 1

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

Button smashing is totally different in EQ than WoW. EQ you just go down the row. 1234567890 rinse and repeat. its mindless.

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

Warhammer Online... for free.

No bitchers.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

So EQ is really to blame for all that is wrong with MMO's?

New question.  If i dont have the wow expansions would i be at a disadvantage assuming i stay under the level cap and does anyone know if they gave the burning crusade for free. i have it under my account but i definitely did not buy it

• gruntreapergruntreaper Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

The truth always touches a nerve..No EQ isnt the cause

Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

alot of what i dislike about eq2 is the engine. it just has poor performance no matter the settings and my comp definitely should be able to handle it

Originally posted by Rinna

Warhammer Online... for free.

I would but im not a fan of twinking my characters. I just like to progress slowly and just want pvp available whenever i progress

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Honestly, If those were my only 2 options, I'd go with WoW. However, there is a lot of twinking, and you'll have to deal w/ the hacker / security nonsense which can be a pain.

I wouldn't do Warhammer online, just because it's a more or less dead game. There is still PvP, but it's nowhere near as fun / dynamic as it used to be. Basically all people do anymore is grind T3 RvR, so that they can survive in T4 (which is pretty much the only part of the game that still has consistant PvP. Once you're there, it can be fun, but you have to pay to upgrade your character passed rr80 (which most players are), or else you get annihilated.

Also, as was stated, the PvP in EQ2 is a joke. The game just isn't designed for PvP, it's tacked on as an afterthought.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

EQ2 pvp is indeed a joke. Do not play EQ2 for pvp unless you are a moron and don't understand what makes pvp fun.

Wow pvp probably isn't much better but it has to be the better choice by default.

Originally posted by Jimmac

EQ2 pvp is indeed a joke. Do not play EQ2 for pvp unless you are a moron and don't understand what makes pvp fun.

Wow pvp probably isn't much better but it has to be the better choice by default.

They aren't the best two options but im locked out of aion, i cant get myself to play war again, and im only playing til december so i dont want to try to get invested in something like eve or darkfall

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Believe it or not, WoW is an exceptionally better PvP game than EQ *gasp*

I don't even know what your statement had to do with the subject of this thread.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

This