Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 beta already hacked ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Not looking good folks. For awhile now Blizzard has been preaching how we will be playing in a secure environment on battle.net and this is alarming. They need to fix this asap...

Source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-beta-speed-hack 

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Jump to conclusions much?

It's beta, the entire point of the process is for them to patch holes like this prior to launch. If anything, the fact that someone has done this now only BENEFITS the game in the long run, because it WILL be fixed ahead of time.

Logic and common sense are amazing tools.

• xS0u1zxxS0u1zx Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Not looking good folks. For awhile now Blizzard has been preaching how we will be playing in a secure environment on battle.net and this is alarming. They need to fix this asap...

You obviously do not understand terms like "Beta".    No "Beta" does not mean "I get to play early and before everyone else so I can get ahead of them... Lucky me".     "Beta"  Means that you are in a testing environment to help patch up any flaws that might be found before a national release.   Debugging, bug hunting, glitching, hacking and all the sorts are methods used to ensure that the program being made is exactly as it is advertised.    

On a second note, speed hacking and the likes are definitely not new to the game world.   Stop being a troll or go do some simple freakin research if you truly are dumb enough to believe things like speed hacking is a threat.  No one wants to hear sheer idiocy.

Thanks and have a great day.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by xS0u1zx

You obviously do not understand terms like "Beta".    No "Beta" does not mean "I get to play early and before everyone else so I can get ahead of them... Lucky me".     "Beta"  Means that you are in a testing environment to help patch up any flaws that might be found before a national release.   Debugging, bug hunting, glitching, hacking and all the sorts are methods used to ensure that the program being made is exactly as it is advertised.    

On a second note, speed hacking and the likes are definitely not new to the game world.   Stop being a troll or go do some simple freakin research if you truly are dumb enough to believe things like speed hacking is a threat.  No one wants to hear sheer idiocy.

Oh wow this beta ? Like I already did not know.. The simple fact is that the environment is not secure yet and speed hacking is not a common practice from beta testers. Clueless much ?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Aori

The purpose of betas hopefully it'll get fixed and some attention. Also i hope the guy reported how he did it instead of showing off.

Good to see some people still have common sense. :)

Oh wow this beta ? Like I already did not know.. The simple fact is that the environment is not secure yet and speed hacking is not a common practice from beta testers. Clueless much ?

Speed hacking has nothing to do with a secure environment.   It has something to do with altering game files, latency and various other methods.  In no way is it gaining illegal access to the game server and it's database files.    Secondly, speed hacking is one of the most common practices in online gaming period.   I think you are the one clueless...

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I don't think this means too much seeing that D3 is still in beta, but it does make me laugh that Blizzard's online-only security precautions have already been beaten like a rented mule.  I can only hope that the lame rationales they've been using to justify the other garbage decisions they've been making fall just as flat come release time.  Sadly, I think they're far too on-the-ball for that, but hope springs eternal.

Yes I agree it's not the greatest that it's been exploited.   However, you and everyone else knows that now the issue has been found.  It will be immediately fixed by Blizzard, they aren't exactly dumb to this kind of stuff.  It used to happen in Vanilla wow all the time back in the day until they patched it.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Wait... bugs found during a bug test? Unpossible!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Yes I agree it's not the greatest that it's been exploited.   However, you and everyone else knows that now the issue has been found.  It will be immediately fixed by Blizzard, they aren't exactly dumb to this kind of stuff.  It used to happen in Vanilla wow all the time back in the day until they patched it.

the speed hack in vanilla ran rampant for well over a year.. not exactly the best example of blizzards ability to tackle hacking.

Oh I know it isn't.  But they weren't the most experienced at the time either.    I am quite confident they have learned from that, although it is seemingly difficult to fix speed hacks without radically altering a game itself.     Many are done through the memory (ram) of a computer and isn't exactly the easiest method to fix.     There was also a time you could seed items into wow itself and use hack programs and bots without much worry.     I'm actually hoping that during the beta more horrible stuff happens in D3 so they can fix it before it becomes an actual problem after release.

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

nothing new .. ..

few days after d3 beta start ..there was already away to get into d3 beta without a key,inv, and battle net account lol

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Wow ... shoot the messenger much?

0_0

• PicklebeastPicklebeast Member Posts: 273

I have no idea about the speed hacking, but there has been a working Torrent for the last week of Diablo 3 beta complete with a way to set up your own online server... Lets just say that a little birdie told me that this torrent works, the game sucks and It couldnt have happened to a "nicer" company.

Enjoy the online cash auctions since that is the focul point of the game and what the game was written around. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

First of all i would never support battle.net because when all of this type gaming started ,heat.net was offering a BETTER service,with rewards and serviced tons of different games.Battle.net is Blizzard ONLY,so they are selfish and even  when a company tried to help them by improving the app,they turned them down,so ya i wouldn't support selfish people.

As to the how ,only a user of this setup would know ,does battle.net check for client machine speed?It has been a well known speed bump in any game for a very long time,no need for hacking.Even first person shooters that were bigtime against hacking took way too long before they started checking clients machine speed.

I also believe VERY little in hacking ,i would lean more towards inside people giving out information or perhaps inside people are the ones at fault here.If it is strictly a case of allowing too much to be done client side,then Blizzard is either really dumb or doesn't care what goes on as long as they are not losing money out of their pockets.I would lean more towards them not caring,i have yet to see our games really take a solid stance against cheating,they always leave it up to us to report it first,they take no preventitive action.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by Picklebeast

I have no idea about the speed hacking, but there has been a working Torrent for the last week of Diablo 3 beta complete with a way to set up your own online server... Lets just say that a little birdie told me that this torrent works, the game sucks and It couldnt have happened to a "nicer" company.

Enjoy the online cash auctions since that is the focul point of the game and what the game was written around. 

Now this is a prime example of clueless.

Do you know WHY they are going to have a "online cash auctionhouse"... Letäs put it this way... Diablo was one of the games that showed that cash shops could work and that people was willing to pay for pixels... And this was all run by the players... with scamming (both real and of in-game items) running amuck.

So the logical thing to do is to secure the trading and protect ones customers... Simple is it not.

As to if the game is good or not, well every one have an opinion.

This have been a good conversation

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by DarkPony

Wow ... shoot the messenger much?

0_0

What forum is this again? i think all messengers are shoot on sight.

Most messengers *wish* they were shot on site. Instead, they are generally flayed, tarred, feathered, liberated from their fingernails, befor being drawn and quartered. Then shot. A lot.

This forum is filled with example of people who have high expectations, have them dashed, live in denial, and finally lash out at pretty much anyone with the "its still in beta, dammit!" excuse.

• PicklebeastPicklebeast Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by tawess

Do you know WHY they are going to have a "online cash auctionhouse"... Letäs put it this way... Diablo was one of the games that showed that cash shops could work and that people was willing to pay for pixels... And this was all run by the players... with scamming (both real and of in-game items) running amuck.

So the logical thing to do is to secure the trading and protect ones customers... Simple is it not.

THIS is an example of clueless....

The online AH IS the focal point of the game. This is not to help protect the consumer but rather to TAX the consumer and make more money on taxed items than on box sales...This isnt to protect you folks.

EQ2 did something similar on certain servers (allowing players to sell Gold and items legally through SOE- Of coarse SOE gt a fee per transaction)- Unfortuanatly th Gold sellers bypassed the official route and cut out the middleman. To this day it is far cheaper to buy Gold from the Gold sellers directly than on the "secure" marketplace. 

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

No game is hack proof, there is always someone out there with the knowledge to bypass security, it's just a matter of how fast they can fix it.  You should see the capability of the bots they have/had in Diablo 2 last time I played it, I mean they could pretty much do anything, play the whole game for you 24/7 with stashing and selling, hitting every part of every map, killing every single super unique boss, etc.  It went on for a loonnnnng time without banning certain hack programs, wouldn't doubt if today they are still working.  Granted D3 will be on the new Battle.net so it should be a "little" more secure but there's always going to be someone out there who figures out how to cheat the system.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

While no game is hack proof, and I can accept those risks, what I do worry about is the horrid level of account security via battle net.  Pre battle net, my WoW account was never hacked, not once. Post battle net, at least twice int he first year. I quit WoW so I am not sure if it has been hacked since. 

I could honestly care less if the game itself is hacked, because I will mostly play D3 as a solo/play with RL friends game. No real concern about economy or pvp etc.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

This link is even worst

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/rumor-blizzard-permitting-duping-in-diablo-2

And ye they will probably fix this tiny little bug before dawn, i mean they actually have 546746546351 employee after all working on a BETA. I mean in all the games speed hacks always were fixed in Beta afterall, why D3 would be the exception? Cluless people pfff.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Funny video - feels a bit like Benny Hill...

And for those who think "tis OK coz Blizzard saw it!":

• Blizzard still have to understand how the person did hack (provided the person did not report the method, which I hope he/she did),

• Even if this specific speed hack was prevented, that would probably not prevent people from finding other ways to hack the game anyway.

I find this disturbing if this is happening on a Blizzard official server... Even though I guess BNet is just - all in all - an extra layer of protection.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Originally posted by tawess

THIS is an example of clueless....

The online AH IS the focal point of the game. This is not to help protect the consumer but rather to TAX the consumer and make more money on taxed items than on box sales...This isnt to protect you folks.

EQ2 did something similar on certain servers (allowing players to sell Gold and items legally through SOE- Of coarse SOE gt a fee per transaction)- Unfortuanatly th Gold sellers bypassed the official route and cut out the middleman. To this day it is far cheaper to buy Gold from the Gold sellers directly than on the "secure" marketplace. 

I often wonder when all these gamers actually began their gaming hobbies.  I'll illuminate this for you, since apparently you have never played Diablo 1 or 2.  In Diablo 1 and 2, third party transactions in the form of leveling characters and items took place on a regular basis.  Essentially, companies or groups of people with no affiliation to Blizzard or Blizzards clients were profitting on something that wasn't theirs in the first place.  I don't imagine you would be all that thrilled in someone doing this to something you created, now would you?

Now I fully understand that Blizzard has found a way to tax these transactions.  However, you need to fully understand and accept the fact that these RMT's were happening long before Diablo 3 or even Diablo 1.  This happened as far back as I can remember to Ultima Online.  Just because this is the first auction house built in a game for these transactions, it doesn't mean that it's the first time it's happened.  They are localizing and attempting to control piracy of their belongings by allowing the players to benefit from it, as well as themselves.  Again, this has been going on for a very long time.   Gold is almost meaningless in Diablo games, so selling gold won't really work.  Diablo has been all about the items, and if millions of players are putting items on the AH, the prices will go down so far that it would actually be a nuissance to go anywhere other than the IN GAME AH.  See what I did there?

In my opinion, saying this game is built around something that it clearly isn't...is just immature.  You're either trolling or you're actually the one in need of a clue.  Hopefully I have provided you with, at least, a clue.

Now as far as hacking goes.  I'm glad it was caught now.  This is what beta is for.  No game or company is hack proof.  You'd think with the billions of dollars that the government has, they would never get hacked.  RIGHT? Right...

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

There is going to be hacking. There is going to be bots. There is going to be stolen accounts. There is going to be people crying over their real money that gets lost or stolen. There is going to be people that are oblivious to the fact that it will happen.

Face it, if it doesn't happen, it's because the game is worthless. If the game is good, crap will happen all the time.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• thegypsykingthegypsyking Member Posts: 8

To everyone freaking out about a speed hacker--please be at ease.  Speed hacking is literally one of the easiest "hacks" to do in an MMORPG, but you don't see it often because it is also one of the easiest to detect.  You can increase your movement speed in every major MMO on the market right now, but you won't be holding onto your account for long if you use it.  

Hackers go to great lengths to get into beta so that they can witness the level of detection a game has and Blizzard isn't new to this scene.  

Place Ad Here

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by thegypsyking

To everyone freaking out about a speed hacker--please be at ease.  Speed hacking is literally one of the easiest "hacks" to do in an MMORPG, but you don't see it often because it is also one of the easiest to detect.  You can increase your movement speed in every major MMO on the market right now, but you won't be holding onto your account for long if you use it.  

Hackers go to great lengths to get into beta so that they can witness the level of detection a game has and Blizzard isn't new to this scene.  

It is still worrying. The real money auction house means that Blizz needs to nip this in the bud, or it will cost them a lot.

Cheating when stuff cost real money blows.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

We don't know to what extent, it any blizzard are monitoring hacks/cheats in the beta right now so assuming the worst is jumping the gun a ltitle, plus if they operate their bans etc as they do in WoW then don't expect players to ge banned on the spot.

To clear up some miss-information on other posts.

Yes there is a torrent of the beta client, but it wont get you into the game without your bnet account being flagged for D3 beta access.  but if you enjoy starring at the login screen go ahead and download.

Yes there is a offline hack about but all it lets you do and all it will ever let you do is run an around an empty world, no NPC's, no Mobs, Boss, loots, quests etc cus thats all stored/streamed on/from Blizzards servers and not stored localy on a client machine.  Much like WoW's map viewer where you can load up the zones and fly around in them.

Bnet security, Bnet is as secure as you choose it to be, choose a dumb password, get key logged, share your details, fall for phishing scams... thats all on us not Blizzard.  If Blizzard were ever hacked we'd know about it.