Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 too short?

2»

Comments

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Gorwe

People underestimate modding...without it the shining jewel of modding known only as Median(200x,XL) would not exist. And that mod is better than D3 is going to be. Then there are jewels Like Nehrim(Oblivion-it adds a continent TWICE the size of Cyrrodil-check it out), Firestorm over Kronus(Dawn of War)...all of those would not exist without modding support and as a result their games would have up to 50% shorter lifespan?

Why ban it again(I didn't catch the idea behind it)?

It isn't aloud for the same reason you don't have mods in MMO's, MOBA's and other persistant online games. Letting games become moddable opens them up to be excessively vulnerable and this is what blizzard hopes to prevent. Mods are great but not in persistant online games.

Blizzard chose the easy (for them) way out of this, banning it completely, instead of implementing a system that would allow modding without influencing the main game. NWN  is a good example for how it could be done.

It would not be difficult, just a little bit more effort then saying "nope". If they would supply a toolset like NWN, they could even control the direction mods take, making some stuff easier and banning modding *beyond* the capabilities of the toolset, so it would not be wild growth like with Diablo 2.

People would make content for their game for free, while people might buy the game to play exactly this content that did not cost Blizzard a single cent.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by sldrop

anyway feel d3 going to be too short? 

max lvl30...and 1hr u get to lvl8 and clear act1( seen videos)

There are no videos of clearing act1.

In case you are talking about beta videos...

The beta is a jigsaw of various zones that will be in act1, with the skeleton king not being the last boss, but the equivalent of what blood raven was in Diablo2.

1 hour to get to level 8 doesn't seem to short to me.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It really depends on how long time it will take to complete it once it actually is released.

It should take about the same time as the 2 others or it is too short.

But this discussion is something we should save until some of us actually completed the game.

• TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353

Have to agree I am a little worried about it being a bit short as well, and from the look of the first act in beta it also looks rather static, unlick diablo 2 and lod which maps changed every game with some random generation going on per level, I hope to god that they have done this here or it wont only be short but very boring once you learn where everythign is.

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

Seem there are those that never played the other Diablo games. Both of those games kept me entertained for 10 years.

Best money i ever spent on any game ever.

I'd eventually get tired of it, and a year or two install and play it again fo months again. It's just fun, the world is random generation, yeah it looks the same after awhile, but it's always different.

I would always make challenges within the game for myself, like only using Blue gear  to get through the game, then White gear ect.

Also keep in mind there will be at least 1 expansion if not more than 1 for D3, and Good luck in Inferno mode. Hell mode in D2 got insanley hard towrads the end, even with really good gear.

You'll either like i or you won't. I just  hope i can deal with the changes they've made, really was just hoping for more of the same without too much changes. I would prefer that you could turn off the health orbs around the world at least.

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

it's totally irrelevant how much time it takes to "complete". diablo was always about gear grind. it was never worth money as story-game.