Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shiny Monsters

RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
I've recently got to pre-searing and I've noticed some monsters that look kind of "shiny" and give you bonuses to health and energy (for a while) if you beat them. Are these guys supposed to be saved for missions, and did I miss something by killing them, or am I ok...?

Comments

• rfendtrfendt Member UncommonPosts: 21
    They are "Boss" monsters.  You gain a moral boost of 2% for each one killed.  You can kill them at will, as there is nothing that you can do to the environment to "break" the game.  You can also capture certain elite skills only from Boss monsters, but that won't be until later in the game.
  • VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291
    As rfendt stated they are "boss mobs".  I would only add that this bonus is capped at 10% and you will lose it as soon as you zone or die.
  • RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
    Ok, thanx :D
  • ZeausZeaus Member Posts: 222

If you have used up your resurection signet, killing a "shiny" boss monster makes it come back.

-----------------------------
    Want to get into the game industry? Read the game business advice guide.
    Also read GameDev and Gamasutra
    Download Impulse - Like steam but only DRM Free Games

• ScorpesScorpes Member Posts: 830

Surprised its been ommited, but Shiny monsters are bosses that shine according to the magic realm its tied to. Yellow=Warrior, Purple=Mesmer, Green=Necro, Blue=Monk, Red=Elemental, etc

Why its important to take notice of this is, towards the back end of the game the monsters possess unique skills, that cannot be purchased or gotten in any way but to capture them using a signet of capture. They are called elite skills and only 1 can be put on your skill bar. They are essential to playing in the PvP arenas. Many of the skills have no comparison, but some are based on a normal skill but much more powerfull.

Its important to recognise the difference between the necro boss (light green) and the ranger boss (dark green). This has got me confused many times in the past.

• cyrdaancyrdaan Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Zeaus

Its important to recognise the difference between the necro boss (light green) and the ranger boss (dark green). This has got me confused many times in the past.

I'm pretty sure its the other way around but I could be wrong.

Could be, i get so confused by the whole thing, they should make them completely different colours. I mean there are enough colours to choose from.