Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pretty MMOs?

muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

Well after years of have crappy computers I finally went all out and built custom rig around 2.5 grand.  With all this new firepower I'm trying to find a semi decent mmo to play with graphics on the higher end.  I'm currently playing entropia universe because I like the sandbox aspect.  Can anyone give any reccomendations? (besides age of conan already played it =p)

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Not an MMO, but if you haven't played it already you should checkout the Witcher 2.

Absolutely gorgeous game.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Aion can be considered a pretty game. The art design is pretty. the world of lord fo the rings online is very pretty, especiallyy with everything up on high with a dx 11 card.

Vanguard has an absolutley beautiful world though it has a small population for a huge world and is a bit creaky around the edges with quirky bugs here and there.

of course you said Age of Conan and that is one of the nicer looking games out there.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Kost

Not an MMO, but if you haven't played it already you should checkout the Witcher 2.

Absolutely gorgeous game.

imagetotally or final fantasy

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

If you've already played AoC, you will be hard pressed to find a better looking game. Aion is gorgeous if you are into the Asian grinders.

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

thanks for the suggestions guys!

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

Rift had some georgeous environments to explore when I tested in beta.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

I typically do not think of the terms MMORPG and pretty in the same sentence as that is often sacrificed for good enough and playability on the widest range of machines. It's also very subjective and can be affected by everything from your GPU to monitor brand. I know many that consider anime inspired art games pretty and others that loathe the toon style for example.  You've tried AOC so...

DC Universe Online  is going free to play and they have some excellent environments and solid charac ter models (unpolished though as you'll note small things like the mouths not moving in rendered cutscenes.)

Star Trek Online (F2P) is surprisingly soilid graphically with some of the better character models you'll find and some well done environments and ships.

I can't say either game noted is the most... solid MMO but it is what it is and both can be fun short term.

A couple of years ago I would have siad EVE but the turret changes did something bad to the models and I think its showing age outside of Incarna testing but that's just one room on a station. RIFT uses the Gamebyro engine with comes with its own legacy issues. Some of the environments are ok but the models were clunky.

For yet to be released MMO games CCP's World of Darkness and The Secret World look nice based on preview materials.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Go for Aion really nice game and with massive pvp battles it will cook you GPU. :)

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Its old but I still consider GW1 to be one of the prettiest MMO's out there.

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

I just have to say, you must have a M1 Abrams running in your case!

2.5 grand! I have yet to find an MMO i can not run on max setting with my rig, and I only spent about 700 bucks on it...including windows 7!

Just hope you did not get ripped off, or I hope you plan on doing a lot of LAN parties, because honestly, the more expensive items are really just dressed up versions of the cheaper ones (performance wise) but with pretty LED's and shiny stuff.

Granted I did skimp a bit on the ram, as I was reaching my price cap, but even then it would have only been another 200 at most to max out my motherboard, I also did not opt for a SLI motherboard as honestly, imo, right now the price of running two 400+ dollar video cards is not worth the issues of trying to keep them running, or realizing that you are rarely going to use them both.  Any running one as a PhysX engine is also a waste for a large portion of games out there.

And if your cup of tea is an MMO, then you have to realize they are trying to reach as many people as possible and will rarely max out a decent system.  Now unless you plan on running benchmark test games, like Crysis was a few years back, then go ahead.

Now aside from that, since oyu already spent the money, LOTRO has some nice graphics with DX11 shaders and all, though I still think the terrain clipping is too limited, as from any hill top you will see the ugly line from where trees stop drawing.  Rift has some decent graphic as well.  The problem is, nothing you can play on the MMO side will come close to capping your system, for this you will want to check out some single player games that are notorious for having such top end graphics that 90% of people have to play the game on medium or lower, and it still looks amazing.

• virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Nothing beats the landscapes in Mortal Online. Absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately beautiful landscapes is most of what that game is.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by virindi1

Nothing beats the landscapes in Mortal Online. Absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately beautiful landscapes is most of what that game is.

Dont forget the pretty sky!

• TravisimoTravisimo Member Posts: 12

I've played my fair share, and the two tops would be Age of Conan, and Lord of the Rings, in terms of MMOs.

• narfinarfi Member UncommonPosts: 178

If you are already playing Entropia Universe have you tried all of the individual planets?

Since each planet is developed by a differenet Development Studio you will see different artistic styles even though it is within the same game. (you have to admit the cryengine 2 allowes for a  pretty pretty enviroment)

narfi

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Another vote for AOC if the graphics are all that counts.

I also agree that Witcher 2 has awesome graphics, I wish I could get the most out of them.