Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo3 phishing

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

You guys in this forum are probably the ones least at risk for falling for dumbass phishing scams but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Got a fake beta invite today asking for the usual crap that only a braindead recipient would give them like account name and password lol.

Strangely, very few spelling or gramatical errors in this one except for a capitalized word after a comma.

Dammit they're learning! image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I got one too, very weak phishing attempt though.

They just come right out and ask you for your info lol. No attempt to disguise it or anything.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Blizz is very good about there beta invites the only legit way to tell if you have the real deal or not is by going to your account @ battlenet and you will have the D3 beta download available to you.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

If you got one and it looks legit, the best thing to do is NOT click the link and go to Battle.net manually on your web browser. Log in to your account and look in there to see if there was an invite sent. If not, it was a scam. But of course you know this, right... ;)

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Just a reminder : Please do not post the contents of any e-mail you might believe to be a phishing e-mail. :)

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

I got a pretty legit looking one awhile ago, didn't ask for login/pass.  Only thing that gave it away was the link that said battlenet.net.  Got a few more attempts then I went in and purposefully had the account locked out by trying to log in with the wrong password a bunch of times.

Cause Blizzard and their chinese RMT business partners can all go to hell.

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Originally posted by DLangley

Just a reminder : Please do not post the contents of any e-mail you might believe to be a phishing e-mail. :)

Your website, your rules, just curious as to why? Would help us identify them.

• nschnsch Member Posts: 32

though diablo3 is such an wonderful game  we still need pay attention to some scamer give wrong link which show invite for diablo3 scame