Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the community still as bad as I remember? [Mod Edit]

LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

Topic.

I played at launch with my girl and she went to the forums, and needless to say, wanted to quit the game immediately. Players were promoting obesity, bashing each other for no apparent reason, blah blah etc. (the obesity stuff comes from the "we wanted more skin" threads).

After 2 weeks, neither of us could take it anymore and went back to Aion/WoW where we played strictly within our on group of friends. Now we're all bored again and trying to figure out what to play to relieve stress and while waiting for Guild Wars 2/SWTOR.

So, is this game's community still worse than WoW's?

[Mod Edit]

I live to go faster...or die trying.

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Internet + Anonymous = tough guy

Pro tip: Gw2 and ToR forums will be identical. As fast as the mods can infract and ban them the more appear. In the game people are not that big of pricks. Forums are where all the people who cancelled their accounts hang out mad they can get a refund, so they do not lose access for another 5 months.

If they troll you then report them is all I can say. I took a ban telling them off, so even I do not like them very much.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Honestly I tried it when they had the sale for like $5 or so a month or two ago and the community was not any better then it was in Beta. The best community I just recently came across is Vanguard's community. Might want to dwell deeper into the not so popular games to find a more mature/tight knit community

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Well yeah I would assume if it were me and 50 on people online on a server it might be a good idea to be courteous. In these big mmo's it is just what happens. Trion has all, but locked down the trolling, but they can not just ban you for being a doom sayer.

It is just the nature of the beast.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

obesity pr obscenity?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Sounds like in what your asking is in regards to only the forum community?  Sure its always horrible on every MMOs forums, but I wouldnt' discount the in-game community just yet.  At least when I last played in Aug its not been bad, and sure there are a few that like to stand out and proclaim they're a dick, but its easy to /ignore them.

My character is on Faeblight {PvE~RP}, and ever since beta its been great here, so you may what to check out this server or another RP server before giving up.  {dunno if you knew, but you can change servers now free of charge, whenever you want}  Especially with Patch 1.5 set to release in the next week, that adds the new Chronicles {solo/duo versions ot the end-game raid dungeons}, the Planar Attunement {Alternate Advancement} and lots of other goodies!

In all honesty, finding an MMO that doesn't have a slew of elitist pricks ruining the fun for everyone else is next to impossible, but at least Rift makes it rather easy to jump servers to permanently ignore them, though you may find even more...LOL

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Eh, I always found Rift's community to be pretty good overall.  Yeah, there are some idiots that turn the global channels into "Barrens Chat II," but for the most part you will get that in every game.  Best thing you can do is just do what you were doing in WoW---play amongst friends.  For the most part, Rift's community is pretty decent.  Not quite as mature as Lotro or EQ2, but generally more mature than WoW.  I can't speak to Aion, having not played that game for more than two weeks.  And again, a lot of it depends on your server.  I've found that the more mature communities tend to play on RP servers.  Even people that don't RP like those servers because it seems to be a more mature crowd.