Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who else uses MMO mouses?

2»

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1

Can't mess with perfection.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I use the Rat 3 and enjoy it far more than my previous Razer Naga because I like how the scrollwheel feels better and because the thumb buttons on the Naga are too small to be useful for me. I have plenty of macro space using my keyboard, or use a Nostromo for games where I don't chat.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Originally posted by Benthon

Used to have a Naga but I've come to REALLY hate wires so I moved to a G700. Still enough buttons for me

Your just like me then, frigin wires get in the way all the time when Im playing since I play with a laptop im always using it in different envirements and wires are a no go(they get caught on everything) but mostly when playing long sessions in an mmo the mouse wire would always drag for me so ya thats one of the things that I love about the G700.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by eycel

Used to have a Naga but I've come to REALLY hate wires so I moved to a G700. Still enough buttons for me

Your just like me then, frigin wires get in the way all the time when Im playing since I play with a laptop im always using it in different envirements and wires are a no go(they get caught on everything) but mostly when playing long sessions in an mmo the mouse wire would always drag for me so ya thats one of the things that I love about the G700.

I dont know when the last time you all looked, but the Naga's also come wireless and have a charging dock.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Falcomith

I dont know when the last time you all looked, but the Naga's also come wireless and have a charging dock.

That's weird, it doesn't have the nearly useless buttons for your pointer finger on the left mouse button. I think those buttons could have been really useful, but they insist on making them low profile and hard to press.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Falcomith

That's weird, it doesn't have the nearly useless buttons for your pointer finger on the left mouse button. I think those buttons could have been really useful, but they insist on making them low profile and hard to press.

They moved them. Looked directly behind the mouse wheel. The two indentions are the 2 buttons you are referring too. I do wish my wired version was like that. I agree they are a little hard to interact with.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

I like my Logitech G500 with  about  8 buttons all programmable and all within my thumb or index finger reach of my right hand and I play on my desktop so the wires are not really a problem but I have yet to buy a game mouse the one with the game logo on it but if it is on offer and a G500 I would buy it. That is my favourite mouse.

Difficult to get programmable mice in Rome except in a few places and there is only one place I know off that sells the Razor Naga in Rome. Seems that Italian gamers do not really go for programmable mice.

Chamber of Chains
  • noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by psyclum
    i think i'll pick up the corsair m90 when it goes on sale.   IMO the button placement is more logical(tho not as many) then the naga.  however, in the heat of battle, i think i can reach the buttons more intuitively on the M90 then I can with naga.

Yea I'm really interested in that Corsair m90 now too. I'd like to see how their mouse control software works too, I've yet to be impressed with the functionality/stability of anyone's keyboard/mouse control software yet. Microsoft, Logitech, Razer.. didn't like any of them.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

I bought a Razer Naga last November and I can't ever see myself using any other mouse again.  It has been the best experience I have with any PC game requiring a mouse, especially MMO's.

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

If you honestly can make full use out of 100 buttons on your mouse I would be impressed.  Top that off with, if the game will even LET you make full use out of them.  Generally you have to assign those buttons to keyboard keys as games don't allow Mouse 6+ (some don't even allow 4 and 5).

Also, wireless is epic fail in every way for gaming in my experience.

One second of delay or disconnect on the wireless can mean all the difference in the world.

I have the Logitech G930?  Wireless headset and as much as I love it, the thing still disconnects every so often.  And in todays society, we all have enough wireless as it is that they'll begin to cause issues for eachother.  I cannot use my wireless headset AND wireless mouse if the USB dongles are too close together (as an example).

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

All I need is this:

and another mouse to use the scroll wheel...

Seriously, I wish logitech would make a standard track ball mouse with a scroll wheel already. The only one they ever did make like that had the trackball where you used your thumb with it. I couldn't get used to it.

Originally posted by Painlezz

If you honestly can make full use out of 100 buttons on your mouse I would be impressed.  Top that off with, if the game will even LET you make full use out of them.  Generally you have to assign those buttons to keyboard keys as games don't allow Mouse 6+ (some don't even allow 4 and 5).

Actually I put full use of all my buttons in MMOs like lotro and Rift for example. Its built specificly for mmos but just as good as FPS like Mass Effect 2. The number buttons are defaulted to the keyboard number keys that normally your mmos are defaulted to anyway on the hotbar. If you dont like that because you bind your keys different, you can setup profiles and bind each individual mouse key the way you like it and save that profile using the Naga software. And like I said earlier in the post, if you are one of those hardcore PvPers that love macros and bind multiple skills together with a one key push, there is a macro system built into the naga software where you can do that also. So the argument about games not allowing you to use all the keys is null and void since the Naga software can be setup to overide it.

As far as wireless and the delays, thats old tech. The new wireless mmo mice out there do not have a delay any longer.

One second of delay or disconnect on the wireless can mean all the difference in the world.
    I have the Logitech G930?  Wireless headset and as much as I love it, the thing still disconnects every so often.  And in todays society, we all have enough wireless as it is that they'll begin to cause issues for eachother.  I cannot use my wireless headset AND wireless mouse if the USB dongles are too close together (as an example).

What about this horrifying little mouse? ;)

Using many mouse buttons isn't really a problem. Using them well is a problem. I think we're getting close to the right number of buttons on a mouse. I don't know if 12 thumb buttons is the right number or not. It works better in MMOs than just two though.

I agree about the wireless thing. Even a good implementation can get glitchy. I much prefer having a wire, though I'd like to have a better wire management system besides having the wires just hang under my desk.

** edit **
    That's an analog joystick on the side there.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Never used extra mouse buttons, even though I had over 60 binds at times when I played wow. Playing sc2 mainly now, sometimes hon, so razer abyssus is quite cheap, but perfect for me.

• YarlyYarly Member Posts: 53

I got the Naga two years ago.  I'll never go back to anything else, because it's like night and day difference in PvP.

I'd pay $200 for it, and it's only like $80.

Guild Wars 2!

Here's another weird mouse. It's using a six degrees of movement/freedom design from Sandio. The mouse itself is from Novint.

Basically you have joysticks on both sides and the top that you can manipulate to give you a better sense of movement in three dimensional space. Not so much for gaming though. I have a version of this mouse and I don't know if it was the ergonomics or just the general concept that didn't work well for me.

The one I have looks more like this:

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

I've been using my microsoft sidewinder for ~3 years now, and I've loved it ever since. My first gaming mouse was a large right hand orientated mouse, so when that went out I found out they were discontinued and I had to look for others.

I finally came to find the Sidewinder. Two side buttons for back/forward (all I need so I can talk in vent), 3 dpi buttons, it's own macro function I've used from time to time, interchangeable weights, and a wire "dock"

I really love the whole dock idea, because I always had my wire on my mouse slowly fall behind my desk, so I was always pulling it back up every 5 minutes or so. 

They've apparently come out with an X8, and it looks just like the original but upgraded and has wireless. I'll probably be getting that as my next mouse when this one eventually bites it. I have no clue if that will be anytime soon though, since it's been running perfectly fine for over 3 years now

The sidewinder I'm using is discontinued I think, since all I could find were X5 and X8 for sale, but mine is just "Sidewinder gaming mouse". I feel like it is better than the X5 though, since the X5 doesn't have an accessories/wire docking station.

• psyclumpsyclum Member Posts: 792

Originally posted by ghettobooste

All I need is this:

and another mouse to use the scroll wheel...

Seriously, I wish logitech would make a standard track ball mouse with a scroll wheel already. The only one they ever did make like that had the trackball where you used your thumb with it. I couldn't get used to it.

if you like trackballs, nothing really beats the kensington expert mouse.

• psyclumpsyclum Member Posts: 792

Originally posted by lizardbones

What about this horrifying little mouse? ;)

Using many mouse buttons isn't really a problem. Using them well is a problem. I think we're getting close to the right number of buttons on a mouse. I don't know if 12 thumb buttons is the right number or not. It works better in MMOs than just two though.

I agree about the wireless thing. Even a good implementation can get glitchy. I much prefer having a wire, though I'd like to have a better wire management system besides having the wires just hang under my desk.

** edit **

That's an analog joystick on the side there.

MUST HAVE MORE BUTTONS!!!!

oh wait, thats not a mouse:D

I have G700 and I already stated that i cant tell a difference between wireless and wired, its great mouse. 

Also the razer naga I realize comes in wireless mode also, I wasnt refering to the naga in general when I was giving my thoughts about wired mice.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I'm using a Cyborg RAT7 at work and it is a great mouse for both general purpose and gaming. It's not really buried in buttons but the extra buttons it does have include ones for instant DPI change and browser controls.

The RAT has a set of weights so I was able to adjust it to a more solid feel, and it glides well both on my desk and on whatever mousepad I might be using that week. It also comes with interchangable palm and finger rests with multiple positions they can be locked into in order to best adjust where  and how my hand rests.

Cool features for people that want a more customizable mouse but far fewer buttons than many of the similarly priced Naga or even Logitech options.

I was thinking about getting this for awhile, its a sweet mouse.

I bought this mouse and hated it lol...

whenever I lifted it off the mouse pad for whatever reason,it would take the laser a second or 2 to re-engage..dunno if mine was faulty or what,but I sent it back and got a Razer Naga.Havent looked back since.

Originally posted by tank017

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I'm using a Cyborg RAT7 at work and it is a great mouse for both general purpose and gaming. It's not really buried in buttons but the extra buttons it does have include ones for instant DPI change and browser controls.

The RAT has a set of weights so I was able to adjust it to a more solid feel, and it glides well both on my desk and on whatever mousepad I might be using that week. It also comes with interchangable palm and finger rests with multiple positions they can be locked into in order to best adjust where  and how my hand rests.

Cool features for people that want a more customizable mouse but far fewer buttons than many of the similarly priced Naga or even Logitech options.

I was thinking about getting this for awhile, its a sweet mouse.

I bought this mouse and hated it lol...

whenever I lifted it off the mouse pad for whatever reason,it would take the laser a second or 2 to rengage..dunno if mine was faulty or what,but I sent it back and got a Razer Naga.Havent looked back since.

ya I was seeing videos of this mouse that when you keep the tumb extension extended that it can wobble while using it which didnt look to appealing to me after my initial first impressions.