Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

huh!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

2»

Comments

• j3kkij3kki Member Posts: 7

wow...people need to stop being selfish. Can't we just be happy for other people and the fact they won?

And please stop whining about lurker members who don't post on the forum. I happen to be one of them.

Just come out and say that you feel like winning more since you post more.

And oh the admin is correct. This place would be overrun by a-holes and "l33t" talk and "newb this" and "noobie" that if winning contests were decided by the number of posts.

I don't feel like seeing this forum turn into the WoW boards.....just for the sake of racking up posts and winning contests.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

he wrote, please don't whin about lurkers, i happen to be one of them...

what...you've been lurking for a whole day since u subscribed? wow thats a LONG time (sarcasm)

and i don't care they won...it's over

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by j3kki

wow...people need to stop being selfish. Can't we just be happy for other people and the fact they won?
    And please stop whining about lurker members who don't post on the forum. I happen to be one of them.
    Just come out and say that you feel like winning more since you post more.
    And oh the admin is correct. This place would be overrun by a-holes and "l33t" talk and "newb this" and "noobie" that if winning contests were decided by the number of posts.
    I don't feel like seeing this forum turn into the WoW boards.....just for the sake of racking up posts and winning contests.

No we can't, cus it wasn't us! XD joking... anyway, yeah, a lot of people would spam or post at EVERY single oppertunity (*cough* Murt *cough*) with things that either have no relavence to the topic, or just to tell someone off for what they said if contests were jugded by post count.  Although making some of the contest winners be active wouldn't be SUCH a bad idea if you think about it.  I mean, people that are loyal and stayed with the site should be rewarded I think, but... who care's what I think, eh? lol...

---------------------------------------------
    "I think therefor I am" is a saying that can't possibly be true, if it was, over half the people in this world wouldn't exist.

Maybe it's just me, but a lot of people seem to post before they...
    A. Read all the posts in the topic.
    B. Read what other topics are on the boards.
    C. All of the above.
    (I fall under A)

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

that wasn't really niceimage i feel i take part in the conversationsimage

and btw...i care, lol

• why not jus have a random drawing for the active members seperate, maybe jus for one spot?  I know this issue needs to end but its a hot topic right now heh

yea i was thinking the same.....

but that would be kinda biased...cuz  what if in the regular drawing, there were like suppoed to be 10 of us winning, lol

but its a good ideaimage

• convergeconverge Member Posts: 76
    yeah i would be happy with just 1 spot for active members. i mean its better than nothing i guess.

yea yea true true...

cuz we make up what....1% of the whole mmorpg.com poulation?

that one spot WOULD do us good

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

How about when you do a drawing for 10 winers.  You draw 18 random people and empty the hat.  Then the top 100 posters get thrown in and one is drawn and then the top 100 that spend the most actual time loged into the site are thrown in and one is drawn.  The 2 would still have to be one of the first ten to confirm, but it sounds fair to me.

SQUEEE - One of ten Winners of the Shadowlands contest and Robin Hood to all my MMORPG.com poster brothers that have yet to win.  Come my mary men....

SQUEEE - Also recently admited to a mental institutionimage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Top 100 will include even those that posted once in last few months.

If you look thru the post it is basically within say 30 or 40 people mostly.Odd few posting asking one question and never really posting in other threads.

The actual regular posters are very few compared to the number of members

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    I know, its just 100 sounds like a nice all around general number and playing no favorites.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"