Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

House thievery!

2»

Comments

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by paroxysm

Originally posted by twodayslate

Really?  Someone on that "team" seriously thought that name recognition alone would be a decent way to determine house ownership?  Shit, UO had a more sophisticated system than that and they allowed for house thievery.  At launch.  Fourteen years ago.

I can think of several ways a system based on character name instead of user/character id is a bad idea and I've never even played this game.  Wonder if they already thought of other characters/breaks that could be used to make a "space" after the name...

I would have to agree with this. You should be able to have two characters with the exact same name, but unable to enter each others' houses because each character has a unique id. It kind of boggles my mind that they set it up like that.

To be fair, UO had MANY different exploits which allowed people to gain access to player homes. These exploits often took a very long time for OSI to figure out and fix. I know because unfortunately I had many things stolen and more than one house permanently lost due to these.

I don't see the situation Mortal Online is going through as any different. They will have to learn from the exploits just like OSI did and they will have to fix them as they come.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

i wish my daddy gave me a butt load of money to make a horrible game :)

so say we all

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Its also stupid that players are even able to create the same name as someone else by just adding a space behind it.

especially in a sandbox game with a a low sub count like that someone could easily trash ur name

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by Shabale

The problem is, there's no other mmo on the market that can compete with the playstyle of MO. If there was as more polished FPS mmo with no auto-attacks on targeted avatar, everyone would rightly cancel their subs. Truth is, we're playing because we don't have a choice.

lol..   it is you^ that does not get it. Mortal Online is not a MMORPG. 

So, there doesn't need to be any other MMO like Mortal Online, to have the gameplay MO offers. You can easily boot up Battlfield 2142 for some Clan FPS gaming...   if that is all you want. No need to craft, no need to set up for PvP. 5 buddies roaming and killing.

Because that is all Mortal Online has to offer, is PvP.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon