Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AOE Online is awesome!

jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Age of Empires Online is awesome! I really mean this! I havent had this much fun in a long time! Yes its pricy if you buy everything, but count it out...no monthly pay and still the chat, etc. Cartoony gfx are fun, the admosphere is awesome, music is cool and alot more! Finding alot of rare to epic things is awesome! Chests with goodies, crafting and hiring mercs, soo cool!

I can recemend this to anyone!

Comments

• GudrunixGudrunix Member Posts: 149

I am also enjoying it.  I think, in general, this is a great RTS for those who with limited RTS experience or for those who simply want a more lightweight RTS experience, but will likely be disappointing for hardcore RTS players, particularly older AoE veterans.  Overall, though, I think MS has done a good thing in making an entry-level RTS (which better yet, has a free to play mode with considerable content) which will help bring new gamers into the genre.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I think alot of people are against this game because they cant imagine an MMO mixing with an RTS, which is a shame because this is a fun game, but mmorpg.com tends to attract the hard core and they think it is blasphemy to mix the two genres together

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

I liked the game in beta, and would play it if I didn't think their pricing was so much on the steep side.

Originally posted by Archeminos

I liked the game in beta, and would play it if I didn't think their pricing was so much on the steep side.

This has been answered and disproven, time to move on

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Im still trying to figure out why people just wouldnt buy Age of Empires 3 instead.  The game is fairly new, the graphics look far superior to AOE, and it has a fine online feature. 

I keep asking whats the point of AOE but no one seems to be able to give me an answer.  What does AOE do better?  What is the point of any of it?  Im still just as confused as ever. 

I have a feeling AOE is a money grab and nothing more.  A far superior Age of Empires game already exists.  Not sure why they made this. 

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Originally posted by Corehaven

Im still trying to figure out why people just wouldnt buy Age of Empires 3 instead.  The game is fairly new, the graphics look far superior to AOE, and it has a fine online feature.

Buy one or play the other for free? Doesn't seem like a hard choice for some people.

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Well I find AOEO to be very addicting. Im still playing it everyday and find myself more and more attracted to it. I like the quest story line and find it entertaining. Although at some points its annoyingly hard to single play some parts, but then I coop and its sooo cool! Really! I didnt think I would fall in love with a game that fast again, but there you have it....I am again!

The cartoonstyle is awesome. It makes me laugh at some points, especcially in the beginning when you see those egyptian spearmen run around. Its like Asterix and Obelix comics! Love it! And then opening a chest and finding an epic advisor that gives you an epic special unit thats uber powered! Man, I'm loving it!

And then finding nice and cool looking blueprints! I mean, ive seen people begging to buy some of these stuff on the chat! Its so much fun! And really, although the price may seem steep, its alot cheaper than an evening on the town and whole lot more fun!

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Wow, made level 36 on greeks today, lukily they dont have the prob like modern day greeks do, with the financial crisis, heheeh! But I can say im still addicted. Soon to level my lvl 24 Egyptians. I sure hope we soon get new stuff. I must say the devs and officials dont respond anymore on the forums. Bad news in my opinion. I think they should stay in touch with the gamers, because we do pay (at least alot of us do).

yea it is a good game , I dont play as much as i did at the begining , but it is still fun,   It is troubling that no new content or patches have come out

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Why should anyone play AoE III, which was lacking compared to I and II, if they can play AoE Online? It's not a good as AoE or AoE II, but as III is neither, why not?

And AoE III is old, for a computer game. 6 years..especially today where many series see a new game, either each year, or because they got rebooted (with the focus on boot, as in, stepped on, but still..), so either people play the newest or the best, maybe some decide to start back at it's roots and choose the first game, but AoE III is nothing of this. It's not the first, not the best, and not the latest game in this series. Not much left why one should play exactly this one.

I do not play AoE online, because it's not what i am looking for, but i can see why people like it. I still hope for the real thing with an AoE IV or so. The name is not important, the gameplay is.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Cause AOE III still much better and cheaper than AOE Online?