Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth it.....

RocknRollRocknRoll Member Posts: 21

The only way I think it would be 15 bucks a month is if I could find a pvp corp and get some pew pew action choas everywhere exploding ships scrap metal flying and the like. I really like the pvp aspect of this game. Just the thought of 1000's of pilots fighting each other sounds like fun. So what do you think is it worth it? And could someone convince me to resub haha, A pirate corp would be fun.

Comments

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Thousands of ships fighting it out in a huge battle sounds cool on paper but the truth is that large scale battles often turn into the worst lag fests you've ever seen even if CCP reinforces the node where it takes place. For piracy your best bet will be small scale PVP actions in lowsec but you'll always be at risk of being run over by a roaming blob in current times...  If you speak Russian you can get into some of the larger battles or you might look at the Goons for a spot but they seem lazy as of late.

• Cynic7Cynic7 Member CommonPosts: 11

The whole game seems to have changed a fair bit in recent times.  I been in the game for 6 years now and I can remember a time when PvP gangs were roaming everywhere, and power struggles between corporations were never ending. I have never been much of a Pvp'er , but I've had my share, I'm more an industrialist and miner and have more than enough in-game curency to do whatever I want. But, if you enter the game thinking that you will be a successful PvP'er right from day one then i think you will not last long. Trying is dying and ships are expensive.

• hansolo42hansolo42 Member Posts: 30

you don't have to pay every month. Its easy to make ISK in game which can be converted into gametime. This process gets easier the longer you play. You can really decide for yourself if you want gametime or rather one expensive ship more for PvP :)

edit: join militia if you like. Its quite fun deathmatch every weekend.

pm me for eve online invites

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by RocknRoll

The only way I think it would be 15 bucks a month is if I could find a pvp corp and get some pew pew action choas everywhere exploding ships scrap metal flying and the like. I really like the pvp aspect of this game. Just the thought of 1000's of pilots fighting each other sounds like fun. So what do you think is it worth it? And could someone convince me to resub haha, A pirate corp would be fun.

im a new player, PVE is my game, and the big carrrot on the stick for me that motivates me is that eventually if i skill up smartly I will be able to earn enough to get a free subscription, and the move on from there to gerenetate income to pvp as well.   I love this game :)  

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• RocknRollRocknRoll Member Posts: 21

Is it possible to get enough isk in a month for a plex? I guess It really depends how much you play and could one of you guys hook me up with a corp ingame? I know a big part of this game is finding people to play with.

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Any player can solo level 4 missions in high sec to more then fund PLEX each month. I did it for a year, while still having ships to PVP with.

However this takes a bit to get to the point of flowing the funds. 

Playing the market helps. I made lots of cash just moving one batch of items to other places. Prices very greatly in different areas. Produuction, industrial is also a good isk maker.

Join a Merc corp, and get paid to PVP. 

A hardcore MMO player could very easily play EVE free once you establish some roots.

Casual players, not so much unless you don't PVP in anything expensive.