Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legendaries : Blast from the past

DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

A tiny item database has been added to the the official site to show some of what will be avalable players. It's good to see old mainstays like The Grandfather, Windforce, Azurewrath, and of course the Stone of Jordan make it back. There are plenty of new ones too with some impressive design. 

Oh and Dyes have been confirmed to be part of the game.

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I will definitely be playing at hour one, working towards getting some of these legendaries and cashing in ~ at least the ones I don't plan to use.  Although I'll still be taking my time, enjoying the story, and exploring every corner, but it'd be nice to find something worth some money early on.

Honestly, can't say I've ever played a game that I could potential earn real money from items I don't want or use!

• lostkosslostkoss Member Posts: 149

I think that you will find that now the items are "legal" to trade the the prices will be quite low.

By removing the "black market" atmosphere, and greatly increasing the amount of items for sale.(Anyone can sell stuff now not just website operators). It is going to push HUGE downward pressure on item pricing.

I would not expect to be able to make any sort of real money, unless you were to get a "Lottery" type item that is so rare no one else has it.

Long story short, you MAY be able to make a small amount of money, or you may get extremely lucky, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

Have a sense of humor, no need to get ALL MODDY ! :) A Simpson's quote shouldn't be worth a warning. You are lucky anyone is bothering to read this rag.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by lostkoss

Long story short, you MAY be able to make a small amount of money, or you may get extremely lucky, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

I understand that, and never expected to make anything to live off of.  I'm mearly looking at it as a means to purchase those rare pieces to complete a set I never was able to finish when playing D2.  Didn't matter how many times I ran through the game, I never saw a complete set drop and it irked me so much...heh

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99

Legendary items seem a bit bland to me. Weapons for example: +%damage, +attack speed, +all stats, + random properties, that's it. I can't tell them apart without looking at names, MMO-style.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by s4nder

Legendary items seem a bit bland to me. Weapons for example: +%damage, +attack speed, +all stats, + random properties, that's it. I can't tell them apart without looking at names, MMO-style.

Apparently, the +random properties that are on legendary items will be able to take properties from a pool that is not available to magic and rare items.

This is also strange, since if this happens, then two legendaries with exactly the same name will have different "interesting" stats and the same "bland" stats :p