Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 too short?

sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

anyway feel d3 going to be too short? 

max lvl30...and 1hr u get to lvl8 and clear act1( seen videos)

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by sldrop

Idk, with all the time they have spent on it it should be fing huge! (I hope...)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by Aori

last i checked max level was 60 and there is 4 difficulties. They already said there won't be to much of a level grind.

:( gonna have to rely on pvp then. Im not a fan of playing the same content with different dificulties...

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Diablo 3 will be a level 60 cap. The level 30 is when all 6 spell slots are unlocked.

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

last i checked max level was 60 and there is 4 difficulties. They already said there won't be to much of a level grind.

i hope its lvl 60 ...i went on their site and they only have skill up to lvl 29

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

They already said there won't be to much of a level grind.

Wasnt that the whole point of Diablo?

Looks like D3 is going to be for the casuals and WoW players. .. Shame.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

i hope its lvl 60 ...i went on their site and they only have skill up to lvl 29

I'm pretty sure I remember them saying 60.

The last skills you could learn in d2 was at 30 I think. Either that or 24. And the max level was 99

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by psyknx

No, it wasn't. At all.

Diablo at it's heart has always been an action-rpg focused on risk vs reward. When D2 released Blizzard ran marketing campaigns in magazines and such, where big bold red letters emblazoned the words "RISK VS REWARD" across the advertising space.

Of course it's aimed at casuals, and that isn't a bad thing. It's a game designed specifically for the average gamer and always has been, a chance for you to dive in and kill a large amount of creatures in a very fun way, while being rewarded with better loot depending on the difficulty of the creature.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

last i checked max level was 60 and there is 4 difficulties.

Having 60 levels is one thing.  BUT, grinding the same content 4 times on varying difficulty levels has never been a substitute for "content".

None-the-less, I am looking forward to it.  I hope level 30 and limited content is the backbone of the game. That without modding will make for a potentially remorseful experience.

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

Diablo III will have a max level of 60.

Unlike Diablo II where you could outlevel the mobs even in Hell difficulty, the lowest level monsters in Diablo IIIs hardest difficulty (Inferno) will be 61.

Speaking of that, is has always been the Diablo-style to repeat content in higher difficulties.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Kuppa

:( gonna have to rely on pvp then. Im not a fan of playing the same content with different dificulties...

The current beta build is only compromised of a few quests equivalent to that of a single quest in Diablo 2, and D2 had 5 acts with 2-8 quests in each, many of which were quite extensive that took several hours to complete!  And yes the level cap is 60, with mobs no higher than 61-62 to continue giving players a challenge unlike D2 where mobs were never higher lvl than I think 80, so from 81-99 was brutal trying to find mobs that still gave XP.

Plus there are 4 difficulties ~ Normal, Nightmare, Hell & Inferno.   I'm gonna guess that a complete first-run will take about 18-25hrs, and gradually drop as a player learns the random layouts, where important stuff may spawn at, and you just become better with epic gear...

@Kuppa ~ You more than likely will hate Diablo III then, because this series has always been about playing though the game hundreds of times looking for better gear, or completing the epic armor sets and getting everything gemed out with the best-of-the-best.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

You can't play diablo unless you have an internet connection even if you never play online.  Most people nowadays have one but to make that a requirement is absolutely ridiculous.   However lemmings everywhere will buy it.   I'm not so sure I will.  They have to earn the right to gain my money.  I work hard for it.  For now blizzards online requirement does not make me want to give them anything.  Yes I do have broadband.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

if you want it harder..play hard mode.while others play easy mode..if you dont like grind ..then dont play diablo..its what the game revoles around

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Having 60 levels is one thing.  BUT, grinding the same content 4 times on varying difficulty levels has never been a substitute for "content".

None-the-less, I am looking forward to it.  I hope level 30 and limited content is the backbone of the game. That without modding will make for a potentially remorseful experience.

It is ok diablo2 survived with only 3 difficulties and less content than what D3 will have. People don't seem to understand what Diablo is about..

The game didn't "survive", as in a comparison to a mmorpg, if that's where you were going.  It is a very successful box-sale single-player action rpg with coop.

My point was simply that as in any single player action rpg, redundant content isn't a substitute for fresh, variable, progressive content.

But with having 60-levels, and hopefully an engaging story, playing through the origonal content shouldn't leave one with a remorseful experience, I hope.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

From most of the responses not only here but all across the web from the beta videos, its like most of you have never played the Diablo series before.  Its understandable considering D2 is nearly a decade old, but seriously you need to go and play it then and stop complaining about this and that which have been the staples of the Diablo series since forever.  

And from watching the beta videos on all 5 classes, none of the core Diablo design has changed, besides a few minor tweaks here and there to live up with todays technology.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

The hadest mode is like playing the entire game with all the monsters at level 63 and you are level 60, Also they said they are going to have randomized monsters each time so the playthrough experience is different each time.

It is ok diablo2 survived with only 3 difficulties and less content than what D3 will have. People don't seem to understand what Diablo is about..

The game didn't "survive", as in a comparison to a mmorpg, if that's where you were going.  It is a very successful box-sale single-player action rpg with coop.

My point was simply that as in any single player action rpg, redundant content isn't a substitute for fresh, variable, progressive content.

But with having 60-levels, and hopefully an engaging story, playing through the origonal content shouldn't leave one with a remorseful experience, I hope.

It is still supported by its developing company for online play.. not many games from over 10 years can claim this. I call it surviving or should i use thriving?

As for your point, diablo is itself you need to understand what type of game it even is. I'm sure the initial play thru will be fantastic but thats not where the game ends and tbh shouldn't be why you pick the game up.

Many games can claim this, firstly.  And again, the main point, which I'm not going to be pulled-away to ignore, is that with any single player action rpg, redundant content isn't a substitute for fresh, variable, progressive content.  That's all.  I am glad there are 60 levels.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Khrymson

Originally posted by Kuppa

The current beta build is only compromised of a few quests equivalent to that of a single quest in Diablo 2, and D2 had 5 acts with 2-8 quests in each, many of which were quite extensive that took several hours to complete!  And yes the level cap is 60, with mobs no higher than 61-62 to continue giving players a challenge unlike D2 where mobs were never higher lvl than I think 80, so from 81-99 was brutal trying to find mobs that still gave XP.

Plus there are 4 difficulties ~ Normal, Nightmare, Hell & Inferno.   I'm gonna guess that a complete first-run will take about 18-25hrs, and gradually drop as a player learns the random layouts, where important stuff may spawn at, and you just become better with epic gear...

@Kuppa ~ You more than likely will hate Diablo III then, because this series has always been about playing though the game hundreds of times looking for better gear, or completing the epic armor sets and getting everything gemed out with the best-of-the-best.

HIghest level normal mobs were 85(+1-3 for champion/boss packs), but you are correct experience slowed way down after 1.10 was introduced for any character above mid 80's reason why most players stopped at around 90. (Previously, you could do it in a matter of hours in 1.09)  This game is the epitomy of rinse and repeat as that is the sole purpose of the game, but you do it in a solo setting instead of group setting, reason why it is popular.

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168

You are the one comparing it to an mmorpg. Any one who has played Diablo could care less about the level cap and amount of content. As per your point - fresh, variable, progressive content wasn't what made the Diablo 2 a fun game.  It was a good shallow repetitive fun.

If I wanted depth in a single player RPG, I would play Baldur's Gate 2 or Planescape. Yet even with that, I wouldn't change a thing to Diablo 2 or Diablo 3. They are fun in their own ways.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

From most of the responses not only here but all across the web from the beta videos, its like most of you have never played the Diablo series before.  Its understandable considering D2 is nearly a decade old, but seriously you need to go and play it then and stop complaining about this and that which have been the staples of the Diablo series since forever.  

And from watching the beta videos on all 5 classes, none of the core Diablo design has changed, besides a few minor tweaks here and there to live up with todays technology.

This is where are the most complains about their next version.

Blizz probably just took a snapshot of what is diablo 2 today and tried to enhance it with this for base. But this is wrong imo, D2 gamer had totally different approach at the time the game was launched and now. The people that played at that time didn't give a fuck about RMT, they never played the game again and again and again, the game was an xp grind and not a gear grind, and so on and so on. Quiet the opposite with the "nerds" that still play it now and definitely see Diablo as an RMt fest, a gear grind, and a run to boss kill it and port back to town. All those where totally absent for most D2 gamers, and this is where D3 is a bit wrong here to me. I just don't feel like it is a D2 succession, definitely not the succession of what i liked in this game at least. When the game began to be a gear grind, hardcore mode with run to boss to drop anything, and an RMT fest, i just quit playing this game, i n fact i became aware of what D2 became watching some vids on youtube years after i already quit.

Ho and yes i'll just edit to add the fact i never played online either because when i did it with a friend and saw those guys dueling and you just could walk in and grab all the crap that dropped i found it so retarded i never ever played online anymore.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Many games can claim this, firstly.  And again, the main point, which I'm not going to be pulled-away to ignore, is that with any single player action rpg, redundant content isn't a substitute for fresh, variable, progressive content.  That's all.  I am glad there are 60 levels.

Game designed to be multiplayer, not sure why you are trying to convince anyone its single player...game cannot be played offline...

Having read your comment I'm sorta confused if you are arguing that D3 is LIKE a single player action game in its content and not its playstyle, which I can understand the relation.

However, Vindictus plays like a single player Action game, that is for sure an MMO

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

It is still supported by its developing company for online play.. not many games from over 10 years can claim this. I call it surviving or should i use thriving?

As for your point, diablo is itself you need to understand what type of game it even is. I'm sure the initial play thru will be fantastic but thats not where the game ends and tbh shouldn't be why you pick the game up.

Yet you realise the game will be fresh for many years and many people will also play it for many years even if it had no expansions at all? (which it will have). I'd call that a substitute.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by Requiamer

This is where are the most complains about their next version.
    Blizz probably just took a snapshot of what is diablo 2 today and tried to enhance it with this for base. But this is wrong imo, D2 gamer had totally different approach at the time the game was launched and now. The people that played at that time didn't give a fuck about RMT, they never played the game again and again and again, the game was an xp grind and not a gear grind, and so on and so on. Quiet the opposite with the "nerds" that still play it now and definitely see Diablo as an RMt fest, a gear grind, and a run to boss kill it and port back to town. All those where totally absent for most D2 gamers, and this is where D3 is a bit wrong here to me. I just don't feel like it is a D2 succession, definitely not the succession of what i liked in this game at least. When the game began to be a gear grind, hardcore mode with run to boss to drop anything, and an RMT fest, i just quit playing this game, i n fact i became aware of what D2 became watching some vids on youtube years after i already quit.

You must have been playing a different Diablo 2 because the game hasn't changed much since the day it came out. They've just added more shit to drop which is what has always passed for content in the Diablo series.

I never said the game changed, i said the players changed, and what they take from the game is totally different now than what it was then. The important stuff switched definitely. Like the hardcore mode, it was definitely hardcore back then with perma death; now you are probably a super noob if you don't play the hardcore mode.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Play Inferno mode or Hardcore.

There will be challenge for those that want it.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

No.

The level grind / progression in Diablo I or II wasn't extensive; even for the time they released.

Playing through high difficulties and adding more players to make it that much more difficult was the whole game. That's the formula here. Why change something that wasn't broken?

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Game designed to be multiplayer, not sure why you are trying to convince anyone its single player...game cannot be played offline...

Having read your comment I'm sorta confused if you are arguing that D3 is LIKE a single player action game in its content and not its playstyle, which I can understand the relation.

However, Vindictus plays like a single player Action game, that is for sure an MMO

I should have said single-player or cooperative player rpg.  And right, it cannot be played in single-player rpg mode without an internet connection.  Hehe..odd that I'm not in the mainstream of this new definition of "Massively" being a 4-party coop game.