Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo III Closed Beta Officially Opening Up

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

As with any good Blizzard release, we've been eagerly anticipating Diablo III for long enough that there's always a healthy dose of skepticism as to whether it will actually be released this year. We still don't know if this hack-and-slash will make it out before 2011 is over, but Blizzard has taken a big step toward release: the official launch of a closed beta.

While Blizzard has reportedly been running a friends-and-family beta for a while now (including some leaks), the closed beta will open the game up to a wider audience and should lead to plenty of coverage and hype in the coming weeks. Players will be able to take on a chunk of the game's first act as any of the five classes and check out crafting and multiplayer while helping Blizzard test server stability and hardware issues.

Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime called the closed beta "an important milestone for us as we enter the final stages of development on Diablo III." I'm sure most of the people reading this can agree with me that the milestone I'm waiting for is seeing a beta invite pop up in my e-mail. Fingers crossed! In the meantime, you can read Adam's preview of the beta from last month.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/09/20/diablo-iii-closed-beta-officially-opening-up.aspx

Comments

• HardlinemonkHardlinemonk Member Posts: 67

Cheers! Dang I don't think my laptop will run D3 :(

Spare PC anyone?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Not really news, they already opened up the beta to a lot more people a week or so ago and dropped the NDA. No need for leaked screenshots when there are live steams all over the web :p

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I would trade my left testicle for a D3 CBT Invite, I'm not using it much these days anyway.

• HardlinemonkHardlinemonk Member Posts: 67

I feel a bit sorry for you, a small bit though

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by Hardlinemonk

Cheers! Dang I don't think my laptop will run D3 :(

Spare PC anyone?

Rumored Requirements. Core 2 Duo 2.4 or Athlon 64X2 Dual Core, Nvidia Gefore GT140 or ATI Radeon HD 3870, 2G RAM.

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• nschnsch Member Posts: 32

Hmm diablo3 just require normal system just as wow .i

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'm in the beta. I'm not entirely sure why they are waiting on releasing this game. The only thing that needs work as near as I can tell is the pathing for your companions. You can get them stuck behind chairs and other environmental things. That is, if you leave environmental stuff around without destroying it. Well, that and Deckard Cain's pronunciation of 'Diablo'. Wth...is he from Alabama or something?

:-)

** edit **
    I'm running the following system:
    Intel Core2 Duo e6450
    4gb ram
    ATI HD5770
    Windows XP

I have all the graphics turned up to the max and everything runs fine. There is lag while my system loads some of the stuff off of disk occasionally (once per play session, near the beginning). Maybe that's what they're working on...one little, tiny niggling detail.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• nschnsch Member Posts: 32

Hmm your system u can run  diablo3  without problem ?

• T.WrightT.Wright Member Posts: 9

I know i'm late for CB but i just wonder if anyone here in CB knowing when will the official date for OP yet?