Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you name a clothing shop?

The Shop consists of evening / party wear blended with some casual.

Primarely Female but a minor corner with male clothin

So the name should be somewhat modern and "trendy" if you like

Comments

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

If was was concerned with profits, I have no clue.

If I wasn't, I'd call it "shit you don't need for 10-20 times what it is actually worth"

Sorry for not being helpful here, but the fashion industry has always irritated me at best.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• goriodoriongoriodorion Member Posts: 4

Well if your shop is mostly for women and some are for men why dont you call yor shop "The Ramp" since most off your clothes are trendy and fashion based. Why the ramp? because models love to walk on the ramp showing off thier beautiful clothes in the public. or you can call your shop or "Fabville" because it tells the customers that your shop sells fabulous clothes and why ville? because it like a big shop of fashion. I Hope i did help you alot.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Strips n Giggles.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I want a clothing store to be named, I Hate Hipsters.

• Cassan0vaCassan0va Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by goriodorion

Well if your shop is mostly for women and some are for men why dont you call yor shop "The Ramp" since most off your clothes are trendy and fashion based. Why the ramp? because models love to walk on the ramp showing off thier beautiful clothes in the public. or you can call your shop or "Fabville" because it tells the customers that your shop sells fabulous clothes and why ville? because it like a big shop of fashion. I Hope i did help you alot.

The Ramp wasnt all bad, made me think of spotlight as well

• allymcbeanallymcbean Member Posts: 2

• I have this idea for a clothing store but have no idea what i would call it. (yes i know it isn’t easy to just start up a clothing store so i will be working out of my house to begin with and start an online store)

• It would be really cute and pretty teen and young women’s clothing. Skirts, dresses, lace, ruffles, bows, and accessories

• These are some pictures to give you an idea of the things i would make. 

• Keep it simple : ideally, you want your name to be as simple as possible, especially if you plan on making a website with the name. You want to create a name that is simple to remember and potentially simple to type as well. Try to avoid making long, complex names and avoid using any easily misspelled words.

• Make it unique : this is the real challenge for most people when naming their business. You want your name to be unique, because the more unique it is, the more likely you are to receive trademark protection and avoid any potential infringement claims. On the other hand, you want it to relate in some way to your business and to tie in to whatever it is you are offering, which typically involves keywords that are not unique at all. Striking this balance is the essence of finding a good name for your business.

• Avoid generic words and geographic names : try to avoid extremely generic words standing alone in your name, such as "shoes" if you are a shoe company (eg, Bob's Shoes). Also avoid using generic geographic names, such as California, because you are less likely to be able to register names with a geographic reference for trademark protection. Note that one way around this is to add something else to the name in an attempt to make it more unique, as in the case of California Pizza Kitchen. Any one of these words is generic on its own, but the combined name is unique and still conveys the meaning of the business.

• Don't limit new business : avoid choosing a name that is so restrictive that you will be unable to expand your business. For instance, if you created Bob's High Heels, and you want to start making sandals, your name is so specific that you may find it difficult to attract customers to your new sandals.

• Ask around : always talk to family, friends and your professional contacts about any proposed name to see what they think. You may be surprised at the reaction to some names! It's better to find out now rather than after you've spent a lot of money creating signs and stationery for your new enterprise.
  • killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Slothing Chop.

Royalties (monthly remuneration) expected, in two dollar bills.

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

2nd Hand G-Strings