Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square Enix PC Games?

Amazon_GamerAmazon_Gamer Amazon.com Digital Video Games GroupMember Posts: 10

Has anyone here thought about playing these games but not yet bought them?

Dungeon Siege III

Just Cause 2

Kane and Lynch 2

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Supreme Commander 2

Tomb Raider: Underworld

If so, which ones are you interested in most and why?

I've played Kane and Lynch but think I'm picking up the second game in the series. I also LOVE Dungeon Siege but don't know about the third installment.

Any thoughts? If so I have some exciting news for anyone interested in these games in a few hours.

Cheers,

Tony

Comments

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

I can only comment on Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2...

Actually, for DS3 I'll just put you to this thread in the General forums.

For Supreme Commander 2, they took Supreme Commander and "streamlined it" for more "accessibility." I believe it's generally regarded as worse than the first, though it's not considered to be that bad. Personally, I'd still recommend the first over this one (though that one is not SE).

EDIT: Link was fixed... yikes, that was a bad mistake ><

• christ78christ78 Member Posts: 9

Im an RTS fan and an RPG fan. I have supreme commander 2 and I played it for quite some time. I have no quams with square enix but I would like them more for their development on console. We know square enix is big but I'm hoping that they should choose much better games for pc.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Here are my thoughts:

Dungeon Siege III

Thought about this one pre-release but the universally bad reviews have kept me away.

Just Cause 2

Own it, play it, LOVE IT!!!

Kane and Lynch 2

This game is universally hated by anyone who's reviewed it. Wouldn't touch it if SE paid me!

Got sick of tomb raider after the first 3 games. Not interested.

Supreme Commander 2

Haven't bought this one yet but I might. It gets positive reviews from anyone who's played it

See above.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Amazon_GamerAmazon_Gamer Amazon.com Digital Video Games GroupMember Posts: 10

Hi there!

Thanks for all the great responses. The reason I asked was we are currently running a sale on the digital versions of those games - 50% off each game if purchased individually, or 70% of the entire bundle of 7.

Check it out here.

We've also got the PC digital versions of  Dead Island and Warhammer 40k: Space Marine on sale for $39.99.

Is this deal something you all would be interested in seeing regularly from me on these forums? If so let me know and I'll post more often!

Cheers,

Tony

Originally posted by Amazon_Gamer

Hi there!

Thanks for all the great responses. The reason I asked was we are currently running a sale on the digital versions of those games - 50% off each game if purchased individually, or 70% of the entire bundle of 7.

Check it out here.

We've also got the PC digital versions of  Dead Island and Warhammer 40k: Space Marine on sale for $39.99.

Is this deal something you all would be interested in seeing regularly from me on these forums? If so let me know and I'll post more often!

Cheers,

Tony

I'd jump on the Space Marine deal if it weren't digital. I like my boxes :(

• mattydaremattydare Member UncommonPosts: 4

Crysis 2 was amazing... bust out the bubble gun!

Kane and Lynch 2 was god awful. Too buggy for my tastes.

The other games were just too meh to talk about.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

edit nm.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Amazon can advertise but those other asians cant?

Meh oh well.  I love amazon.

Originally posted by marinrider

Amazon got permission from the site's admins first... those 'other' Asians didn't.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by Brenelael

Originally posted by marinrider

Amazon got permission from the site's admins first... those 'other' Asians didn't.

Bren

And also made an introductory post here: 

Amazon Digital Video Games - Introduction

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Kane and Lynch 2

This game is universally hated by anyone who's reviewed it. Wouldn't touch it if SE paid me!

Then your a fool, plain and simple, really if you wouldnt take money to play a game that isnt super amazinf steller blow my mind your a fool, combine that with tehf act that many of the reviews big complaints were on its short length, which would mean even less time playing it, amkes it even more foolish.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

Originally posted by warmaster670

Kane and Lynch 2

Then your a fool, plain and simple, really if you wouldnt take money to play a game that isnt super amazinf steller blow my mind your a fool, combine that with tehf act that many of the reviews big complaints were on its short length, which would mean even less time playing it, amkes it even more foolish.

No... The bulk of the bad reviews were because the gameplay is staggeringly bad to the point the game is almost unplayable. I've only heard the short length mentioned in passing as most reviewers bashed everything from the wonky controls to the laughable UI. That game just sucks... period.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by warmaster670

Kane and Lynch 2

Your mention of the reviews got me curious, so I decided to look up it's metacritic score. It's a 66 critic and 5.3 user. While you did not specifically mean the scores but rather one of the main complaints, that is still not something you really wish to bring attention to...

EDIT: I just realized I was looking at its PS3 scores; I changed the numbers to match the PC's scores, which are the highest.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I actually got Lara croft and the guardian of the light expecting it to suck balls, but wanting to play some co op with a friend

Turns out its a pretty amazing game, most co op fun I've had in a while, i hate tombraider but I'd definitely recommend this game if you have someone to play with.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by Amazon_Gamer

Has anyone here thought about playing these games but not yet bought them?

Dungeon Siege III

Just Cause 2

Kane and Lynch 2

Supreme Commander 2

If so, which ones are you interested in most and why?

I've played Kane and Lynch but think I'm picking up the second game in the series. I also LOVE Dungeon Siege but don't know about the third installment.

Any thoughts? If so I have some exciting news for anyone interested in these games in a few hours.

Cheers,

Tony

It should be noted that SE is merely a publisher in these cases, mainly because SE's solution when it comes to getting into the western market basically boils down to "we'll either outsource our games to western devs OR we'll simply buy them out and get them to make games for us".

From the games listed that I've played:

1. Dungeon Siege 3 - game gets so much unwarranted hate becuase Obsidian took it to a new direction instead of sticking with traditional formula, although I can get behind the horrible console UI and camera/co-op problems. Still a solid game in its own right.

2. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - good spin-off from the main series and a decent game on its own, did like the Legacy of Kain DLC and yet dreaded about it at the same time.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.