Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DStahl Leaving STO and Cryptic

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Daniel Stahl announced today that he'll be resigning from Cryptic.

He message here: http://startrekonline.com/node/2619

It appears Stephen D'Angelo will be taking the helm.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I have to wonder whether he jumped or was pushed.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

I doubt we will ever know for sure....

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

This is common when one company is purchased by another.  The top dogs rarely see eye to eye.  I'm guessing it was mutual.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

My opinion: DStahl's documented vision for the game didn't line up with the vision of PW. I hate to see him go, he's done great things with what little he had to work with.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Who didn't see this coming? PW for sure has different views and I bet they already have someone to take it over.

Though don't know if it was him or the upper management  responsible for the crappy games Cryptic is known for. If he is good he might find a job with a better company maybe Arenanet?

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

It's a shame to see him go as IMO he was the driving force in getting most of the improvements added to STO.  I wish him the best and success in his future endeavors.