Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift PvP Video

AlminieAlminie Member UncommonPosts: 114

It took me about 2 weeks worth of video footage to come up with this video, hope everyone enjoys it, also really could use some feedback about my video I plan to make more and any suggestions would be helpful.

~Thanks~

Video here

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Not to sound like a downer or anything, but it looks like a standard mill pvp video. These typically entail odd music choices and footage of the the creator kicking virtual arse. I would say that after looking at the first section of the video were you take out like 5 guys doesn't make me think you are a good player though, only that pvp in Rift must be very unbalanced or overly gear based.  Don't take it as slight on you though, there is something wrong with games that lets some play as a turret and still chew through people on pvp.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• AlminieAlminie Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by rodingo

Not to sound like a downer or anything, but it looks like a standard mill pvp video. These typically entail odd music choices and footage of the the creator kicking virtual arse. I would say that after looking at the first section of the video were you take out like 5 guys doesn't make me think you are a good player though, only that pvp in Rift must be very unbalanced or overly gear based.  Don't take it as slight on you though, there is something wrong with games that lets some play as a turret and still chew through people on pvp.

I'm guessing you only watched the first min of the video.

=p

you know I did more then act as a turret, I ran out of range of attacks from melee players, I used a few different skills depending on the situation, and under pressure of oppossing forces. you say what you say becuase you ether can't do it, or don't know how. soo please go do some pvp make a video of it and still say that pls.

• StragesStrages Member UncommonPosts: 6

Well you asked for suggestions, here's mine, if your goal was to hide the fact you're clicking every ability you'll want to do more than remove the mouse cursor. You left on mouseover tooltips and the vast majority of your "hotkeys" have no visible key bind on them. You may also want to include what kind of equipment levels you're running at, judging from the numbers it's fairly high end but it's impossible to tell with the wardrobe function you seem to be using. This leads to it looking like you're in crap gear fighting equally geared people, but the numbers say otherwise and this can be a good or bad thing depending on what viewing audience you're going for.

If you want to better yourself  one of  the first things I would start with is getting used to a proper keybinding set up and not keyboard turning. This opens up being able to use the mouse as a viewing tool as well as a movement one which helps with gameplay as well as making videos look better as you actually have control over what is basically your camera. I'll probably forget I posted this in another 30 sec, good luck on future videos.

Originally posted by Strages

Well you asked for suggestions, here's mine, if your goal was to hide the fact you're clicking every ability you'll want to do more than remove the mouse cursor. You left on mouseover tooltips and the vast majority of your "hotkeys" have no visible key bind on them. You may also want to include what kind of equipment levels you're running at, judging from the numbers it's fairly high end but it's impossible to tell with the wardrobe function you seem to be using. This leads to it looking like you're in crap gear fighting equally geared people, but the numbers say otherwise and this can be a good or bad thing depending on what viewing audience you're going for.

If you want to better yourself  one of  the first things I would start with is getting used to a proper keybinding set up and not keyboard turning. This opens up being able to use the mouse as a viewing tool as well as a movement one which helps with gameplay as well as making videos look better as you actually have control over what is basically your camera. I'll probably forget I posted this in another 30 sec, good luck on future videos.

zomg this is your second post since signing up.  =p

I only key board turn when I don't feel like mouse turning, =p  most of the time i mouse turn.  also I don't hide my gear with my wardrobe, I just like how my wardrobe looks. =p

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Ok video I guess... didn't care much for the music but I guess that is more of a personal taste issue. Just really reminded me why I unsubbed to Rift: Well made game that looks good but not enough substance to keep me interested past 3 months or so. 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

I have no clue what abilities you were using or what you should have been doing as far as casting goes, but I do know that every modern MMO has a key bindings system as well as the ability to mouse turn. I know it has been mentioned somewhat in the thread, but I felt the need to repeat it because I'm tired of watching PvP videos with such bad players.

The following things should never, ever be in a PvP video:

• Using the S key (moving backward)

• Rap music

• Keyboard turning

• Clicking

• "Spam" (using the same ability far too much)

• 1337 speak

• Introductions/cutscenes over 30 seconds long (exception made for stories, but make sure people know it is a story)

• More than three or so youtube "notes"

• Over 80% camera zoom either way

• More than ~10 "special effects" per minute (camera shakes, zooms, etc with minor exceptions)

Feel free to add more.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

guys!first go beat him in the game!show us a video of it here then you can whine about his gameplay,win is win whatever way he play be it point and click,hover,mouse movement etc etc etc.

Originally posted by grawss

I have no clue what abilities you were using or what you should have been doing as far as casting goes, but I do know that every modern MMO has a key bindings system as well as the ability to mouse turn. I know it has been mentioned somewhat in the thread, but I felt the need to repeat it because I'm tired of watching PvP videos with such bad players.

The following things should never, ever be in a PvP video:

• Using the S key (moving backward)

• Rap music

• Keyboard turning

• Clicking

• "Spam" (using the same ability far too much)

• 1337 speak

• Introductions/cutscenes over 30 seconds long (exception made for stories, but make sure people know it is a story)

• More than three or so youtube "notes"

• Over 80% camera zoom either way

• More than ~10 "special effects" per minute (camera shakes, zooms, etc with minor exceptions)

Feel free to add more.

guessing your didn't watch my video.  =p

Originally posted by drbaltazar

guys!first go beat him in the game!show us a video of it here then you can whine about his gameplay,win is win whatever way he play be it point and click,hover,mouse movement etc etc etc.

I give your Post 2 thumbs up!

Originally posted by Alminie

I watched the entire thing.

That list wasn't a list of everything you did wrong, it was a list of things nobody should do. You only used the S-key, keyboard turned, clicked, and used the same ability far too much (perhaps a fault of the game, I dunno).

Sarcasm is not a crime!

I watched the entire thing.

That list wasn't a list of everything you did wrong, it was a list of things nobody should do. You only used the S-key, keyboard turned, clicked, and used the same ability far too much (perhaps a fault of the game, I dunno).

it's impossible to never use the S key,

you sometimes have to keyboard turn,

everyone clicks something in a PC game,  I never use click to move soo that can't be it.

and I find it best when pvping to keep your skills simple and clean,

makes pvp a bit easier when you have more to worry about like not dieing.

'impossible to not repeat skill usage'

everyone clicks something in a PC game,  I never use click to move soo that can't be it.

In WoW, my S key was bound to my PvP trinket. Turning your camera 180 degrees and moving that way is much faster and more efficient. Plus you free up a binding.

No, you never have to keyboard turn. My key bindings for movement were QWE, for strafing left, right and going forward. Turning was accomplished by using the mouse. A and D were bound to weapon swaps on melee characters.

Any and all abilities you use in PvP should be bound to a hotkey. No exceptions.

Clicking is slow, clicking the wrong ability is a high possibility (and no I don't care if you never miss), and most importantly, it prevents you from using your mouse to turn the camera/character and your situational awareness/movement suffers as a result.

Luckily, warlock type classes are extremely easy on bad players. Being able to press a few buttons and kill other bad players is incredibly easy without any positional requirements. So unless you play a melee class or something that requires moving while dealing damage, it isn't necessary to learn anything or become good. I would still suggest it though; you'll be amazed how much you can do when your mouse is free to do other things. Trust me; it's like light and day.

Also, I said "use the same ability far too much." Repeating is fine, but you used that beam thing pretty much every other spell. Again, this could be a fault of the game's design. I've never played Rift, so I can't be a good judge of that.

Best of luck on the learning process. Stick with it mang. :)

Sarcasm is not a crime!

In WoW, my S key was bound to my PvP trinket. Turning your camera 180 degrees and moving that way is much faster and more efficient. Plus you free up a binding.

No, you never have to keyboard turn. My key bindings for movement were QWE, for strafing left, right and going forward. Turning was accomplished by using the mouse. A and D were bound to weapon swaps on melee characters.

Any and all abilities you use in PvP should be bound to a hotkey. No exceptions.

Clicking is slow, clicking the wrong ability is a high possibility (and no I don't care if you never miss), and most importantly, it prevents you from using your mouse to turn the camera/character and your situational awareness/movement suffers as a result.

Luckily, warlock type classes are extremely easy on bad players. Being able to press a few buttons and kill other bad players is incredibly easy without any positional requirements. So unless you play a melee class or something that requires moving while dealing damage, it isn't necessary to learn anything or become good. I would still suggest it though; you'll be amazed how much you can do when your mouse is free to do other things. Trust me; it's like light and day.

Also, I said "use the same ability far too much." Repeating is fine, but you used that beam thing pretty much every other spell. Again, this could be a fault of the game's design. I've never played Rift, so I can't be a good judge of that.

Best of luck on the learning process. Stick with it mang. :)

guessing you don't play rift. =p

where you can only macro 1 skill to 1 macro,

and you can mouse turn no matter where your mouse is on the screen with the lucky little right mouse button.   and I would play a different build that didn't have warlock in it,  but they nerf all the other good pvp classes to hell soo sort of hard to play anything else in pvp unless you have a healer with you at leat 75% of the time.

till you have played rift, you can't really talk much about how to pvp in Rift, it's not the same as wow..

• Master_M2KMaster_M2K Member Posts: 244

You just reminded my why I hate Mages so much, but more specifically why I hate Necro/Locks. The build requires little to no skill to be able to kill someone whilst keeping yourself alive. You just have to DoT someone up, spam your void bolts or whatever & use Soul Purge (really should be on a 30 sec cooldown) or Mortality when your health drops. Not much to it. I've got a Stormcaller Mage, which is much harder to keep alive (only through CCs).

Unless your Necro/Lock requires a good amount of skill to use as GW2's Necromancer, I just can't appreciate your PvP montage video.

But I'm not blaming you because it's mostly Trion's fault for ignoring the fact that your spec, or similar ones, are now the go to spec for PvP Mages. Seeing how in-affective a lot of the other ones tend to be, in the hands of a subpar player. It's why as a Warrior, if I see a mage in PvP I try avoid them, because chances are they are a Necro/Lock and last I checked, it was near impossible for a single Warrior to kill a Necro/Lock.

Originally posted by Master_M2K

You just reminded my why I hate Mages so much, but more specifically why I hate Necro/Locks. The build requires little to no skill to be able to kill someone whilst keeping yourself alive. You just have to DoT someone up, spam your void bolts or whatever & use Soul Purge (really should be on a 30 sec cooldown) or Mortality when your health drops. Not much to it. I've got a Stormcaller Mage, which is much harder to keep alive (only through CCs).

Unless your Necro/Lock requires a good amount of skill to use as GW2's Necromancer, I just can't appreciate your PvP montage video.

But I'm not blaming you because it's mostly Trion's fault for ignoring the fact that your spec, or similar ones, are now the go to spec for PvP Mages. Seeing how in-affective a lot of the other ones tend to be, in the hands of a subpar player. It's why as a Warrior, if I see a mage in PvP I try avoid them, because chances are they are a Necro/Lock and last I checked, it was near impossible for a single Warrior to kill a Necro/Lock.

I know what you mean, wish they didn't gimp all the other builds, thne I would use soemthing different.

besides that I need something to keep me alive, since most times I have to face off against 2+ players at a time, and alot of them run with healers.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

necro arent an issue(be it necro or necro/lock)but a warlock or a warlock necro now that is harder to kill

might sound the same but if your main is a necro you can die easy if it is a main lock then you become very hard to kill

hybridÉprobably same easy to kill