Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane II?

BerindorBerindor Member Posts: 21

Discuss. :)

The Shadowbane Emulator (SBEmu) http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com

Comments

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

GO!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

No offence, but if the original game already failed and was put off-line, why make a sequel..?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Nivisiru

GO!

And they're off!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

After Shadowbane and Faxion Online, I think I'll hold off of playing whatever MMO these guys make next.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

that game was awesome... i have very good memories from it, and i still regret that they had closed it, a shadowbane 2 would be awesome, but i will be happy if they just re-open it.

• AnthrageAnthrage Member UncommonPosts: 20

If anything is the spiritual successor to Shadowbane, it is this - Fallen Thrones.  I just discovered it a few days ago, and anyone who played Shadowbane will recognize the influence. Personally I can't wait.

Oh, if you sign up for the forums, please tell them Anthrage sent you. :P

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Anthrage

If anything is the spiritual successor to Shadowbane, it is this - Fallen Thrones.  I just discovered it a few days ago, and anyone who played Shadowbane will recognize the influence. Personally I can't wait.

Ahhh Shadowbane. Great memories indeed.  While the game had some serious flaws and technical issues, still one of the best MMO games I ever played. Thanks for the tip about Fallen Thrones. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it develops.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• AnthrageAnthrage Member UncommonPosts: 20

You're most welcome. SB was not my first MMO, but it's definitely the soruce of my fondest MMO memories - anyone who played Shadowbane is well aware of it's flaws, but also knows how many things the game did well. Some of those things have not been done as well in any MMO since in my opinion, so I am very much looking forward to Fallen Thrones - it looks like are essentially starting from where SB left off in terms of gameplay and mechanics, and I'd play it fo rthe sieges alone. :)

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Whoa! Thanks for the heads up on this one Anthrage!

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Wow cheers Anthrage! Sounds amazing!

Does anyone know what happened to play to crush? I did stick around that forum for a while, but eventually got a bit bored, now it seems to be gone :(

• DIR3W0LFDIR3W0LF Member UncommonPosts: 64

Thanks a lot for this Anthrage! wouldve slipped passed me if i didn't come by the shadowbane forums on mmorpg.com ;) cheers mate

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Damn it, dead already

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Originally posted by Reizla

No offence, but if the original game already failed and was put off-line, why make a sequel..?

For the same reason they kept remaking the Hulk movies. They finally got Hulk right in the Avengers movie. So you have an awesome character like the Hulk you need to make an awesome movie. Same thing with Shadowbane. The concept and lore have great potential and deserve a second chance.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."