Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is a lot better now I resubbed.

BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

So I use to play AoC when it came out and played for 4 months. I got my guardian to 80 and parts of my guild hall were already made into t3. We did raids back then which was fun but there were yet more bugs. Anytime my wife would go into any town she would crash due to memory leaks. No lie every 3-5 minutes. Quests were broken as well ETC but we managed.

I finally quit Aion and knowing that AoC went F2P I said screw it and reloaded it onto my computer to test it out while it was f2p. First off the memory leaks in all the towns had stopped. The population on all servers is medium at all times of the day which is good in my book. My toons are on Set btw. I had questions I asked in global chat and lots of people gave me tells backs answering them. I see old players coming back every day saying they took a break but are back now and they love it too.

To get use to my glad again I ran some villas the solo dungeon and it was fun. I then went and grouped for some 6 man fun. I explained to people I just came back and I might be rusty and they were fine with it. We did great though and I really enjoyed it. Getting groups was not a problem. This all happend in a week time frame of f2p. I did notice I had 2 gold on my toon and was convinced I had more. So I talked to support which answered my question within 5 minutes. The rest of my gold was in a safe place and I would have access to it again if I went premium.

I decided I was having fun again and the bug state of the game is very minimal from what it use to be. I also like the fact that now there are 2 expansions and more to explore. I went premium and resubbed because I was paying 14.99 for Aion and I don't mind the 14.99 fee. The good thing about now being 80 is the Rise of the Godslayer expansion which introduces AA's (alternate advancement points) Now aside from needing to gear myself out for the newer expansions I can work towards AA's for my character so I don't mind grouping or helping people because in the end it is helping me towards AA's. Got my Godslayer expansion yesterday from Gamestop for 9,99. Can't complain at that price.

So as a returning player I am enjoying this game. If you are thinking about coming back maybe you should try the f2p version and see if you like it again. I did and glad that I did it. This should tide me over until Archeage is out.

Comments

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

I still think it's too bad that the community is not better. Chat channels, guild functionality. There are lots of areas where communication could be better, and I find it difficult to find solid people to play with. But this problem is not exclusive to AoC. It's just that AoC is a seperated game full of loading zones.

Never was a bad game. Now it's just much more polished.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Yea, it is a themepark  I don't care for them but the way I look at is I can take a quick break to grab a drink or something lol.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I was happy with the game I simply said screw it and went Premium, on my original launch account. My good ol' assassin was still there but I rerolled sin again to experience everything once again step by step and how to play.

There's a channel called NPH (New Player Help or something) where people new/coming back to the game can shoot their questions without bothering the rest of the populace :)

I saw the RotG expansion online in a Dutch shop for € 5,- including shipping and handling I simply HAD to get it lol, it was a steal.

No memory leaks, no weird graphical glitches, I did encounter a bug while I was climbing somewhere but it was no gamebreaker.

I hope to get to 80 :)!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

How is the PvP, still an afterthought and not worth doing?

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by Yamota

How is the PvP, still an afterthought and not worth doing?

It is a lot better now. They have a blood and glory pvp server now too. I guess it is quite popular. You are only allowed one toon and have to start from scratch, no offline levels etc. Only checked it out briefly because I wanted to play my guardian but I did make me a ToS for that server. I love open PVP. Only playing AoC again until Archeage is out. Figure I can pve raid on my Guardian and PVP with the ToS.  

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Yes game is much much better now and it is so fun with new pvp server, but only if you have friends for pvp:). After wow it is for me best fantasy MMO on the market right now. Like that game now and my demo is level 62 now. Graphis is still amazing and specially with directx 10. In fact i never notice so much change in graphic with directx 10 as i saw that in AOC.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Problems with comunity?? I started to play on Rage server and it is amazing how you can find friends for play. Even i notice that high level players almost never attack low levels in questing zone, what is amazing for hardcore pvp server. Guild is so easy to find and they will help you when ever you need

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

I played the Turan adventure pack for the first time last night. Talk about graphics! This Dreamworld engine overhaul/upgrade is really starting to shine. The beauty and draw distance is over the top, and the attention to detail on things  like the city, NPCs, ships in harbor etc, is actually stunning.

Aside from the thoroughly engaging environment and detailed NPCs there is an entertaining and intricate plot and story that the quests are built upon. I have not been a huge booster for voice acted NPCs, but in Turan they deliver lines and show emotion that would really benefit from it. This adventure pack is very well done!

I haven't seen all of Turan. I played around enough to gather the quest for Dead Mans Hand island, which is the scalable instance, so I can level my 77 Barb. It is not a Dungeon, but an outside play area. It is much like leaving Tortage and heading for White Sands. The bulk of the Turan content outside of the instances is for characters in their 50s or so. For that reason I didn't do a lot of exploring with my Barb, no point when all the mobs are so far below me they are white.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by palulalula

Yes game is much much better now and it is so fun with new pvp server, but only if you have friends for pvp:). After wow it is for me best fantasy MMO on the market right now. Like that game now and my demo is level 62 now. Graphis is still amazing and specially with directx 10. In fact i never notice so much change in graphic with directx 10 as i saw that in AOC.

I overloaded my PSU so while I wait for a new one I'm stuck with a lesser one I bought in a hurry in the local electronics shop. I had to go from my CrossFire 6970s to a simple GTX 260...ugh what a difference! Maxed out DX 9 vs maxed out DX 10...Tuesday can't come fast enough image

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Yea, AoC maxed out on a high end monitor with smooth frame rates is a thing of beauty! It's a real looker, no question. Then you have the excellent music and fluid motion quality to go along with it. Then there is the bloody melee combat, limbs flying, heads rolling. This game is a one of a kind experience the way it combines brutality and beauty as it does.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Cool man welcome back I too have most of my characters on Set and quit aion to come back to AoC. I have been playing for quite a while now and its addictive. Got my first clear of the T3 raid the other day which was the most epic pve experience since playing 40 man naxx. Not quite geared enough to set foot into the new raid but my guild is doing it and it sounds super fun. I also saw a video of it and it looks so epic.

^here it is check it out.
    The pvp is good too, a little limited with just mini games and CE/bori for PVE servers but the combat is fun and quite skill based.