Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the breaking point in EVE?

13»

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by jpnz

Why is it 'unacceptable'?

CSM is not there to actively participate on game development, CSM has no responsibility for game development either, thus it does not pertain to CSM member to criticize how CCP is developing their game.

You might not agree with CCP decisions but you still aid them the best you can because CSM is about constructive feedback, not a political agenda.

CSM is no more than feedback channel but Mittani only use the acquired position to promote his own self.

CCP give good deal of trust to CSM and Mittani is only taking said trust and slaps CCP back with it.

So you say that the CSM is a "feedback channel" but also that it's unacceptable for them to give CCP feedback on the direction they have been taking the game?

Most logical.

What "trust" have CCP given the CSM that The Mittani has broken, exactly? Is this another "The CSM are powerless yet they are also able to cause untold damage" argument? I love those, they're almost as good as watching a Ben Stiller film on a Saturday afternoon.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Malcanis

Why is it 'unacceptable'?

CSM is not there to actively participate on game development, CSM has no responsibility for game development either, thus it does not pertain to CSM member to criticize how CCP is developing their game.

You might not agree with CCP decisions but you still aid them the best you can because CSM is about constructive feedback, not a political agenda.

CSM is no more than feedback channel but Mittani only use the acquired position to promote his own self.

CCP give good deal of trust to CSM and Mittani is only taking said trust and slaps CCP back with it.

So you say that the CSM is a "feedback channel" but also that it's unacceptable for them to give CCP feedback on the direction they have been taking the game?

Most logical.

What "trust" have CCP given the CSM that The Mittani has broken, exactly? Is this another "The CSM are powerless yet they are also able to cause untold damage" argument? I love those, they're almost as good as watching a Ben Stiller film on a Saturday afternoon.

I will never forget the post the CSM members did.

A poster on the EVE-O forums was saying 'CSM is just a PR tool' spiel.

And the response was 'Thank you, please believe that and do not vote on the CSM7 election'

I have to say, if CSM6 can get bloody 'Darious III' (a troll canidate, voted on the promise to break NDAs and cause havoc on the CSM process) to go with their consensus and be a 'productive' CSM, future looks bright.

Darious III is productive... what the christ. What is the world coming to?!!

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by MalcanisIs this another "The CSM are powerless yet they are also able to cause untold damage" argument?

CSM is indeed powerless and it is only good to stay that way.

If you are not able to understand that bad mouthing and calling riots upon your partner you are supposed to work with is not a feedback and it is trust breaking, you better stick to Saturdsay afternoon films rather than venturing the discussion...

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

It's a chest pounding internal goon letter meant for goons to read.

He wasn't speaking as a CSM to the player base he was speaking as a goon leader to goons.

When are you lads going to learn to stop reading mail that's not meant for your eyes?

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

I read the links in the thread and all I can say/do is roll my eyes. When they don't release an expansion on their usual "SOON TM" schedule then we'll talk.

This is not a game.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    The Mittani & Seleene are the best thing in this CSM

BestSigEver :P

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by cosy

Hehehehe.... Yeah. Just ask em. ;)

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

The Troll and Butthurt ex-employee....surely the best candidates...

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

In no way an ad-hominem  :eyeroll:

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

that's the best part about this situation

BestSigEver :P

6 weeks after I made this thread, the '20% layoff at CCP' news hit the internet.

I guess it was a junction afterall.

Someone tell me to never post about negative things ever again, cause you gotta be a horrible monster to make a joke out of this situation.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

6 weeks after I made this thread, the '20% layoff at CCP' news hit the internet.

Someone tell me to never post about negative things ever again, cause you gotta be a horrible monster to make a joke out of this situation.

They aren't going to make the DUST launch so they pushed a lesser game onto the backburner - I'm sure Sony has certain stipulations in their exclusivity deal that have more to do with this move than anything else - PlayStation Vita  is coming out for Xmas 2011 and will need games for 2012 to be a hit - dust beta begins late 2011 and PlayStation Vita comes out late 2011 - coincidence?

Originally posted by Hazelle

They aren't going to make the DUST launch so they pushed a lesser game onto the backburner - I'm sure Sony has certain stipulations in their exclusivity deal that have more to do with this move than anything else - PlayStation Vita  is coming out for Xmas 2011 and will need games for 2012 to be a hit - dust beta begins late 2011 and PlayStation Vita comes out late 2011 - coincidence?

Unless Dust is now suddenly a PS-Vita title, yeah coincidence.

Sony actually has a lot more exclusives than MS, part through good business and part through purchase of companies.

So 2012 seems a solid year for Sony.

Say what you want about Sony but their Playstation Live is much better than XBLA to game developers in pure $$$.

Gdemami -

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

this, you have the leade rof one of the worst abusive+exploiting MMO communities (ppl who have been in the same local know what I mean with this) going as chairman in a CSM committee.

Then you have a ex MC leader, who was ousted by CCP at one point who never made it a secret that he actually not cared anymore about the game after that.

Those ppl along with other goons are in that CSM debacle, which was only created as a way of damage controll after that BOB dev was abusing his powers. Everyone knows that CCP doesn't listen to the CSM members, and with these ppl in charge of the CSM, I surely hope they don't do it at this time.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Muke

this, you have the leade rof one of the worst abusive+exploiting MMO communities (ppl who have been in the same local know what I mean with this) going as chairman in a CSM committee.

Then you have a ex MC leader, who was ousted by CCP at one point who never made it a secret that he actually not cared anymore about the game after that.

Those ppl along with other goons are in that CSM debacle, which was only created as a way of damage controll after that BOB dev was abusing his powers. Everyone knows that CCP doesn't listen to the CSM members, and with these ppl in charge of the CSM, I surely hope they don't do it at this time.

Abusive or not, CCP didn't listen to the CSM before/after the Incarna launched and look what happened.

20% of the workforce is reduced. That's just mind-bogglingly dumb.

Look at the press release by CCP, sub numbers are down!

Gdemami -

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Abusive or not, CCP didn't listen to the CSM before/after the Incarna launched and look what happened.

20% of the workforce is reduced. That's just mind-bogglingly dumb.

Look at the press release by CCP, sub numbers are down!

CSM has always been a huge failure and nothing more then a marketing strategy to keep the mass quiet.

Sub numbers down.....I know for sure a lot of (ex)NC members quit the game because them losing their grounds and because of the current "Russians RMT machine going rampant in 0.0" propaganda from some disgruntled ex NC players.

CCP does need to change their game through.

The wealth and riches of the moongoo are all static divided in the regions, it all goes to the CEOs + some directors of the powerblocks who get beyond filthy rich and the normal grunt gets nothing.

And what the huge alliances can't afford to pay upkeep for, they issue it to "renters". that's what's wrong with this game.

If I create my own corporation+alliance to start a 0.0 adventure, I am forced to go to lowsec or the NPC 0.0 regions because owning space is impossible without paying a powerblock tribute at a monster wage.

CCP needs to find a way so that smaller entities can get space and hold on to it instead of getting 300 DRF supercarriers or 500 racial abusive goons into local defending a moon or station they do nothing with.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

This is why CCP are humping stuffed animals, not quite knowing why they lost subs. Its great forum food to assume it was all about ragequit and fury over monocle but in reality it had nothing to do with that. It was not malice or anger, it had SFA to do with Monocles. It was a product of the Anomoly nerf and the after effects. When they nerfed anomolies they simply made alot of accounts obselete. No need to get bent out of shape, no worries, whatever but no point in paying for the grind alt either. There was no content to grind. That cascaded though. After the anom nerf, NC got vaporized and 20K people were dispaced. Most migrated but a large number simply became obselete non cap PvP accounts and didn't get resubbed. Again, no fury, no malice but they were useless accounts in the current Super Cap only club.

CCP reaped what they sowed.

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

It actually isn't a 'perception' as much as fact which is an even bigger problem.

If 10% of the sub money is going back to the game people are playing, can you really blame anyone if they say 'Why am I funding Dust/WoD?'

What part of: "CCP resources allocation is none of your concern" you do not understand?

You keep stating this like you can choose what people care about.  It's illogical beyond measure.  If someone keeps bringing up an issue, it's clearly a concern of theirs.  If you are paying someone for a service you may certainly be concerned for how they manage things.  If it weren't true, this entire forum, website, and the game/ game-review industry wouldn't exist.  Having said that, your other two points were good.  If subs really did increase over the past two years then this is just a social media explosion with little energy -- and I hope it is, because I was planning on playing EVE again this winter.  

• Ghost021Ghost021 Member Posts: 84
    CCP costumer support must be full with idiots then.... if they ever ever heard to the right people goons would have been banned from the game... and this CSM would have never seen the light of day...

Sadly the players get what they chose, to be naive to the point to think that they really had, and have a say in a sw house releases.. that and the people that thought BoB are evil, the next guys are better.

Reminds me of a book about pigs and farms.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

The final victory over the space barbie fanatics would be sweeter if it hadnt cost people their jobs. But its still good to see that CCP have finally realised the mistake they where making, the winter expansion promises to one of the best since Apocrypha. The summer 2012 expansion should be even better as they can focus on a single concept and work towards it, doesnt matter if its a new one or a complete shake up of an existing one.

Imagine how cool a real PI feature or a massive set of additions to wormholes or incursions would be.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

Originally posted by Hazelle

Unless Dust is now suddenly a PS-Vita title, yeah coincidence.

Sony actually has a lot more exclusives than MS, part through good business and part through purchase of companies.

So 2012 seems a solid year for Sony.

Say what you want about Sony but their Playstation Live is much better than XBLA to game developers in pure $$$.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/07/dust-514-to-use-move-support-ngp/

NGP was the codename to the VITA

NGP was the codenam d=