Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Concerning atmosphere...

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,234

I created this topic to let people talk about various things they like/do not like about DIII atmosphere/art/lore...

Personally I think they(Activision-Blizzard) took a swing at Diablo franchise(created by Blizzard North) and missed the target ENTIRELY(from art perspective). It now looks more like gloomy High Fantasy(with all the colors, frog attacks etc...) than like true Dark Fantasy it's predecessors were(not counting MedianXL mod).

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,282

Being in the beta I can say that the atmosphere is very much dark fantasy (at least through as much of Act 1 as they are allowing us to play). The screenshots really don't do the game justice.

Your field of vision is a bit bigger, especially in dungeons, especially compared to D2 where the "fog" of war was really thick, but using a thick fog of war in D3 would be a disservice to the excellent lighting effects that are in D3.

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,234
    Such is duality of marketing(you have EQUAL chances of winning and loosing customers).

When we're at it, has the beta started or are you in F&F beta?
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,282

Originally posted by Gorwe

Such is duality of marketing(you have EQUAL chances of winning and loosing customers). When we're at it, has the beta started or are you in F&F beta?

I am in the F&F beta.

I am also not sure where people are getting the wowish graphics comments from. Sorry, but to me, especially playing, D3 and WoW truly look nothing alike. WoW is very stylized (and has been since WCIII), whereas in Diablo, people are actually proportioned, and only some of the more grotesque monsters are drastically out of proportion.

Have I left such an impression? If so, my apologisies are due. I just want to be sure if I should buy it when it releases...
  • zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

I'm fine with the atmosphere.  The graphics are also much better than D2's....granted you have a good computer to run it on high settings.

How would Toxic HD 4870, E 8400 and 4Gb or RAM work on 1680*1050?
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,167

Originally posted by zethcarn

I'm fine with the atmosphere.  The graphics are also much better than D2's....granted you have a good computer to run it on high settings.

Depends on what you mean by good computer, a decent $400-500 budget pc will most likely play it on high with little issue.

• AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,167

Originally posted by Gorwe

How would Toxic HD 4870, E 8400 and 4Gb or RAM work on 1680*1050?

I highly doubt it is as demanding on PC resources as SC2 is, so medium to high depending on the situation.

Keep in mind that I can run most games on very high-ultra(with exception of the latest such as Deus Ex). Keep in mind that my proc although old is the most famous dual core(with it the most powerful). And Ati has got 8 as second number so it should run it at more than high(unless DIII is more taxing than Crysis 1-which I doubt).