Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously

Been away a bit and just came back to check up on latest mmo news.  First thing I notice is that MMORPG.com is lookin like a smut site.    Same old broad from Age of Conan with a sword over her rack Ceasary with its cheesy 'come play'... what the heck happened to the MMO world we are saturated with sh*t now!!

[Mod Edit]

Comments

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

That doesn't bug me. What bugs me is how little they try to integrate their screenshots onto the page. I'm seeing developer/producer ads everywhere, free trial advertisements, etc. None of them are clickable, which leads me to believe they just ripped the image right off the main pages of the MMOs and dumped onto the main page. Whether they were granted permission or not, it's still very unprofessional and ugly as hell. 

As for sexy pixels: It is to be expected, and I hold no ill will because of it. Yes, I do agree that they should have a few more epic pictures of battles or crazy awesome armor rather than half naked women, but they do make quite a bit more money drawing in the younger teen crowd. All the MMOs do it, so I feel it does make a pretty good representation of what the website is about, even if the current MMO styles aren't exactly kosher.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• emperorvlemperorvl Member Posts: 103

Well with these cheesy ads it jus so glaringly obvious they are trying to get to the wallet with pixelated t&a.   ITs an afront to our intelligence...  Leave something for the imagination man.

And for the record MMO's didn't start this way.  So if the website is trying to attract the stripclub crowd then all your gonna have left is a stale beer smelling broke batch of ingrates.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

LOL! At your age you should understand who the target audiance of those ads really are and just nod silently that like the rest of us, you are an old man playing kids games because devs might be smart enough to recognize who really buys games but publishers want the wellspring of dollars from the youth demographic mom and dad granted allowance more anyway.... ;)

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Then the ad or marketing division should be fired by those publishers. All those ads do is make me think about spending time with the wife or hiring a prostitute for another kind of role play.... Not sell me on their games.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by emperorvl

Been away a bit and just came back to check up on latest mmo news.  First thing I notice is that MMORPG.com is lookin like a smut site.    Same old broad from Age of Conan with a sword over her rack Ceasary with its cheesy 'come play'... and all the other asian 'grinder' jerkoff 13yr old girls with younger girl pets itemmall crap man what the heck happened to the MMO world we are saturated with sh*t now!!

Don't worry.  People who design those ads are just paid to get people to click them.  The ad has virtually nothing to do with the game itself.  

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Boobs are a cliche to sell MMOs.  They don't pitch gameplay, they don't pitch community.

They pitch character art with half-naked women.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Boobs are a cliche to sell MMOs.  They don't pitch gameplay, they don't pitch community.

They pitch character art with half-naked women.

Dude, with boobs, you can sell anything.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky