Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With all DUE respect, apparently very little.

loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316

What is a mmorpg doing  creating FORUMS and gauging a RPG not a MMORPG, are you or are you not rpg? Are you falsely advertising what you represent? If so what would Crag the original creator of this site over 10 years ago think? Would you spit on his very own creation or is he doing it himself? I once spoke with the man who knew honor and mercy, but what he hell is this? you are not a rpg sight you are mmorpg you are BREACHING your own minor infractions remove this forum at once, you are out of line. Unless given specific reasons that this is a mmorpg instead of rpg which you won't unless you plan to lie to the entire world you have no businessn or reason of having a existing forum create another site meant for rpgs instead of mmorpgs if you want this here. 

MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics may be locked or deleted if determined out of hand by the MMORPG.com moderator staff.

I need not say anymore these rules was wiritten by mmorpg's own staff.

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

Comments

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by loreofchaos

What is a mmorpg doing  creating FORUMS and gauging a RPG not a MMORPG, are you or are you not rpg? Are you falsely advertising what you represent? If so what would Crag the original creator of this site over 10 years ago think? Would you spit on his very own creation or is he doing it himself? I once spoke with the man who knew honor and mercy, but what he hell is this? you are not a rpg sight you are mmorpg you are BREACHING your own minor infractions remove this forum at once, you are out of line. Unless given specific reasons that this is a mmorpg instead of rpg which you won't unless you plan to lie to the entire world you have no businessn or reason of having a existing forum create another site meant for rpgs instead of mmorpgs if you want this here. 

MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics may be locked or deleted if determined out of hand by the MMORPG.com moderator staff.

With all due respect, what is a poster doing questioning the admins in public instead of sending an email to them.

• loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316

Duly note that this is NOT sitting in off topic. They are representing ass if it should be part of a MMORPG list.

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

With all due respect, what is a poster doing questioning the admins in public instead of sending an email to them.

Making a point for public eyes to see, if you want to force a tyrant to bow you need a army. Of course if you need a map google will help you.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Lowest common denominator and in this case, money.  Pimping to the big dogs of the game developers.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SeneriusSenerius Member UncommonPosts: 76

OK  wow hmmm gee lets see....

Is Diablo 3 a rpg?  YES!  I don't think anyone disputes this.

Is Diablo 3 massively multiplayer online?    Hmmm Can alot of players play this game at the same time and does it require internet?  The answer is yes. 

Just because it doesn't meet what you think of as a MMORPG doesn't mean it doesn't litterally meet the Definition.

You might want to check the meaning before making a statement that is inaccurate just because it isn't what you think it should mean.

I am going based on the literal meaning of the terms not the generally accepted meaning.

We all can only be who we are Nothing more nothing less.

Originally posted by stayontarget

Lowest common denominator and in this case, money.  Pimping to the big dogs of the game developers.

If there was a like button I'd be hitting my mouse across the wall to make sure it got noticed.

Originally posted by Senerius

Is Diablo 3 massively multiplayer online?    Hmmm Can alot of players play this game at the same time and does it require internet?  The answer is yes. 

Just because it doesn't meet what you think of as a MMORPG doesn't mean it doesn't litterally meet the Definition.

You might want to check the meaning before making a statement that is inaccurate just because it isn't what you think it should mean.

I am going based on the literal meaning of the terms not the generally accepted meaning.

A mmorpg is NOT as questionable as you would FOOLISHLY believe despite your attempt to create a point, a mmorpg is where several players of a minimum meet on a single server, and no the minimum is not 6 players. or 12, it is 100 or less, any lobby itself holding several characters has been offically been accepted, lobby being at least 60 plus players loitering around in a market place, before you check my knowledge you should check your own. Take your own words and follow them before handing it to others with all due respect. again which showing very little.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

People are so picky over what actually meets the criteria for "MMORPG"

A certain classic MMO a few of us have heard of, Phantasy Star Online, was nothing more than grinding with the option to grind with three other humans with periodic events.

Diablo 3 will, with all liklihood, be just that.

You will hit monsters with hopes that you will become a stronger monster hitter while finding better monster hitting implements.

By this definition, every Monster Hunter could easily make this list too.

Borderlands as well.

Who decides the line where multiplayer becomes massive?

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Define MMORPG?  I bet you will get about 15 different answers.

Do you feel that Guild Wars belongs on this forum?

Why did you not post an uproar about WarRock for example which is a FPS by all intend purposes.

Why is LoL on the forums list but not HoN?

Seriously what is the difference between 20 people sitting in some city in an MMO waiting to queue up for an instance to where they will play by themselves and a chat interface doing the same thing?  Explain to me the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/

"action rpg" Your going to argue with blizzard about their own game genre? Go ahead or go check your sources before claiming what is and isn't. Invalued arguments have no place here.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Most MMOs now are hub based crawls with auction houses.

If DDO or a few other games with that similar mechanic are on the list...

Then I can see how D3, tentatively, counts.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• SeneriusSenerius Member UncommonPosts: 76

A mmorpg is NOT as questionable as you would FOOLISHLY believe despite your attempt to create a point, a mmorpg is where several players of a minimum meet on a single server, and no the minimum is not 6 players. or 12, it is 100 or less, any lobby itself holding several characters has been offically been accepted, lobby being at least 60 plus players loitering around in a market place, before you check my knowledge you should check your own. Take your own words and follow them before handing it to others with all due respect. again which showing very little.

Definition of mmorpg

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a genre of role-playing video games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world.

This is the literal definition,  and if you accually read my response to the botton I said i was going off the literal meaning not the generally accepted meaning. 

Once again just because you want it to mean what you think it does, doesn't mean your right.  This is my last response as I hate feeding trolls.

We all can only be who we are Nothing more nothing less.

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

Massively - yes it'll sell a lot and a lot will be online. Multiplayer - yes you can play with others. Online - yes you need the internet to play this game. RPG - yes you play a role as a character. Does this answer your stupid rant OP?

Originally posted by kilun

Define MMORPG?  I bet you will get about 15 different answers.

Do you feel that Guild Wars belongs on this forum?

Why did you not post an uproar about WarRock for example which is a FPS by all intend purposes.

Why is LoL on the forums list but not HoN?

Seriously what is the difference between 20 people sitting in some city in an MMO waiting to queue up for an instance to where they will play by themselves and a chat interface doing the same thing?  Explain to me the difference.

Guild wars just claffified itself as a accepted term of mmorpg when 80 people are standing in front of a entrance at channel 1 with 500 people standing at the damn crafting station, before you think there really IS 15 answers maybe you best just think about what truly is questionable and what isn't, I don't know about a damn thing about warrock it isn't no Diable nor a blizzard product and honestly, I don't have the time of day to be checking out what is and isn't under its classification but diable 3 has clearly been stated by its OWN developers that it is NOT considered a mmorpg, it is a action rpg as it has always been there is no GREY in this son. If you have a problem with how reality places with a grey go to a place where such arguments are valid this is a black and white matter, and its own stamp of approval has not only been known through out the damn world but recongize by wiki as well as its creator for over 10 years now. Mmorpg.com its violating its own rules. Hypocracy is no excuse and questioning a non grey area makes you look utterly the fool.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by chakalaka

Massively - yes it'll sell a lot and a lot will be online. Multiplayer - yes you can play with others. Online - yes you need the internet to play this game. RPG - yes you play a role as a character. Does this answer your stupid rant OP?

I just would like to add a follow up question;

DOES IT?

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Before you go rolling off who is stupid how about you check sources and resources and post. you mind just find yourself eating your own words fool.  Your a sure sign of how this generation is turning out son.

Originally posted by PukeBucket

I just would like to add a follow up question;

DOES IT?

Impressive and you are correct sir, does it?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

They left it up to a vote for the users here, it would seem the option for a d3 forum won out.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Unreal024

Definition of mmorpg

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a genre of role-playing video games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world.

This is the literal definition,  and if you accually read my response to the botton I said i was going off the literal meaning not the generally accepted meaning. 

Once again just because you want it to mean what you think it does, doesn't mean your right.  This is my last response as I hate feeding trolls.

Would you consider the few people that can actually play together in D3 a "very large number of players"? I don't, and for that very reason it's not an MMORPG.

and thats exactly why this is not a grey area, your point and argument is valid.

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

The internets just got stupid.

Diablo 3 is not an mmo. Everyone knows this.

However, the OP shouldn't be getting his panties in a bunch regarding a forum being opened up for it. Who cares if mmorpg.com has a topic for Diablo 3.

But everyone else.. really? Are you that dumb? Diablo 3 = action rpg. You dont' even need 5 brain cells to understand that.

" but herb derp... it has multiplayer!! and it will sell a lot!! herb derp"

So Call of Duty games are mmo's? Battlefield is an mmo? really?

jeeze. I felt myself get dumber and umbper ech respnsse eye reed boute thte.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Mmmmm I smell a Banhammer....i predict this thread closing soon....

OP: Where i can see your point on this, your going about addressing it the wrong way, calling people names isnt the way to go.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It is amazing how picky some people are. MMORPG.Com has game information on games that don't fit a narrow definition of MMORPG on their site. It defies the definition of honor!!1! They are breaching their own Terms of Service!!!1! And so on.

MMORPG.Com is branching out. They are going to offer more categories of games instead of the games that fall into the narrow definition of mmorpg. Soon(tm) users will be able to see the categories of the game information so they won't have to view information that they don't want.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Elidien

To me, its not worth debating the definition of an MMORPG because its a moot point. What the OP does not address is how this effects him or how he has suffered due to the Diablo 3 forum being placed on this website.

It can be argued that many of the games that are listed here are not MMO's by the OP's attempt to define them. Many of them are not massive at all - some have hundreds of players. So therefore, by rule, those games must be removed as well.

I doubt the OP has any standing to argue. The Diablo 3 forum is not effecting his ability to post at this site. Further, these forums are a private discussion board and the admins can change the rules at anytime and in anyway they want. To get even more specfic, the quote from the forums themselves does not apply since Diablo 3 has its on forum; therefore the rule about non-MMORPG games does not apply because there is no need to post about a game in the off-topic forums when it has its own forum.

Most liley just another Blizzard/WOW hater.

Elidien my standing argument is backed by Blizzard and for the last 12 years I have supported them, further more I didn't even know blizzard had a forum itself, because I haven't checked, I'm not interested in gossip and rumors youtube provides factual evidence, on this matter, maybe you should too before postless useless comment.s

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Duly note that this is NOT sitting in off topic. They are representing ass if it should be part of a MMORPG list.

they had a poll, and asked the community if they should make this section, which they did make this section based off the poll....

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Originally posted by Distopia

They left it up to a vote for the users here, it would seem the option for a d3 forum won out.

This^

@ the OP: We lost out on the vote man. Nothing we can do about it. Bitching about it is just making you look bad.

This discussion has been closed.