Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New RPG in the block :)

JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

We are working on an Single-Player RPG and we are looking for some Advertising and Professional help

Company Name:
Black Lotus Productions

Project Name:
Tamed

Brief Description:
This game has been in development since February.

Target aim:
Retail (Shelves and Direct Download)

Project Status:
Currently in Closed Alpha, can't share it publically becouse we don't have the Intellectual Property yet, but it will be soon :)

Compensation:
Both Credits and Payment will be given once the game is developed and sold.

Technology:
Tweaked TGE
3Ds r7
Bryce3D
Maya

Talents Needed:
Beginners looking for experience are welcome, but only credits will be given.

Lead Programmer (Hardcore C++)
3D Modellers
3D Animators
Musician
Sound Artist
Concept Artist
Mappers

Team Structure - Currently we are:

JanRy - Novice Scripter, Modeller, Mapper
Anthony - Project Explanation
KIbeth - Story Writer - Currently Dissapeared
ThorWarriorX - Concept Artist (Monsters)
Schiette - Experienced Modeller

Website (English and Spanish):
http://jannen.lalinvirtual.com/blacklotus/

Contact JanRy:
AIM: jannen84
MSN: [email protected]
MAIL: [email protected]

Or just post on the forums if you want to be part of the team

Additional Info:
This is a single-player rpg featuring a skill-based system, story line which is not linear for things will change depending on what you do in the game, and there will be alignment which will be determined from the actions done in the game.

There will be a Mob vs Mob system much like a Guild vs Guild system you see in most games. The AI of monsters/NPC's will be scripted and very intelligent while the game will be featuring more than 75+ hours of game play.
In the future we might be adding multiplayer features to the game.

Comments

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

1) Website for your "company" is very unprofessional, using a simple premade setup found on most crappy websites.

2) From your screenshots your game looks horribly outdated and far beyond the standard of games today.

+) Too many other things to add.

• JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

Hey man, no need to flame all of our work, the website is that one cos none of us have experienced HTML experience, maybe you can do it better?

And the engine is NOT outdated, those are alpha graphics (very early stage of the game) you cannot imagine how the graphics are now, the problem is that I cannot show them widely due to legal issues (working on IP), just wait a month and you will see graphics between Morrowind and HL2

So please, we are asking for help, no need to say all those things

• BlizzagenBlizzagen Member Posts: 167

Looking good!
    Good luck with your aims.

• LainLain Member Posts: 52

hmm.. good luck with the game.. altough the idea of a single player RPG simply doesnt calls me in anymore. remember also that a RPG aint only all graphics, story counts. not that i wanna throw u guys down, but from what i saw, i didnt liked it ^^U even if its only a alpha.

good luck anyways!

Originally posted by Lain
    hmm.. good luck with the game.. altough the idea of a single player RPG simply doesnt calls me in anymore. remember also that a RPG aint only all graphics, story counts. not that i wanna throw u guys down, but from what i saw, i didnt liked it ^^U even if its only a alpha.

good luck anyways!

May I know what didn't you like? And I know that RPG are not only graphics, I still play Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and those are all rules and almost no graphics :)

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by metalfoxus
    1) Website for your "company" is very unprofessional, using a simple premade setup found on most crappy websites.
    2) From your screenshots your game looks horribly outdated and far beyond the standard of games today.
    +) Too many other things to add.

Why is it every time someone posts a game they are making/wanting to make, someone flames their work?

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

I think it looks good and I am still interested in scripting, but I just have to arrange my schedule and see how much time i would have.

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

instead of saying all those features and tools found on your website why dont you just link them to the website you got it from. Hes using the torque engine so he really doesnt need that much of a team. searched for something and that came up and guess what copy and paste.

http://www.garagegames.com/pg/product/view.php?id=1

[quote]Originally posted by grimweeper
    [b]instead of saying all those features and tools found on your website why dont you just link them to the website you got it from. Hes using the torque engine so he really doesnt need that much of a team. searched for something and that came up and guess what copy and paste.
    [url=http://www.garagegames.com/pg/product/view.php?id=1][/b][/quote]

even Torque needs a big team, this is not a FPS, its an RPG, and needs a lot of scripting

Torque is the original engine, yes, but I changed a lot of it's code and bought some plugins, so please, don't try to say that im using a commercial engine and trying to call it as mine, cos that's not true

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548
    Good luck but sorry I have absolutely no interest in what your doing.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• a3specsupraa3specsupra Member Posts: 44
    Sounds fun when you guys release an online beta I wouldn't mind trying it out.
  • ClawsysClawsys Member Posts: 109

After viewing your site, I would like to point out that by experience, finding decent team mates with the talent you require is extremely hard. The torque engine was a good choice, its pretty good. The website isn't professional but I've seen company start like that... it doesn't mean you won't end up big. I'm willing to try the beta when it comes out.

I bid you farewell and wish you good luck on your journey! :)