Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If your looking for immature kids using hacks/glitches

monitorsmonitors Member Posts: 2

I been playing this game for over 2 years and I regret every dollar I spent towards this game.  Nexon does a very poor job of fixing glitches and warding off hackers.  Mabinogi has quite a handful of immature "hackers" who exploit glitches and use programs to drop or lag other players.  If your into dueling, this game has no future for you.  Groups of these people tend to stick together and lag ANYONE outside of their circle when you duel.  Thus, if your not a friend of theirs, they will make sure you lose your duels.  I fell victim to this and let me say it happened enough times to make me quit this game.  Nexon fails when it comes to fixing these kind of things.

If your looking for a game where your efforts pay off, this is not the one for you. 

Comments

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

Honestly never even heard of it?

Chins

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by monitors

I been playing this game for over 2 years and I regret every dollar I spent towards this game.  Nexon does a very poor job of fixing glitches and warding off hackers.  Mabinogi has quite a handful of immature "hackers" who exploit glitches and use programs to drop or lag other players.  If your into dueling, this game has no future for you.  Groups of these people tend to stick together and lag ANYONE outside of their circle when you duel.  Thus, if your not a friend of theirs, they will make sure you lose your duels.  I fell victim to this and let me say it happened enough times to make me quit this game.  Nexon fails when it comes to fixing these kind of things.

If your looking for a game where your efforts pay off, this is not the one for you. 

I play on the EU version and haven't seen anything unusual so I can't comment.  With respect to the rest of your statement, with all that this game has to offer, if dueling is all that you are into why are you playing this?  I would suggest Aika or some other RvR game with a more fluid combat system and groovy special effects.

I have just recently started playing this and I am blown away by the options available and this doesn't even include the nice touches such as the attempt at giving MOBS a life (watched wolves attack sheep and the guard dogs defend, watched foxes attack chickens etc oh and weather which is always a plus).

To date this is the only game that seems to offer something else other than the mindless grinding of MOBS (fedex and delivery runs,) to level up enough to be able to compete in PVP.

I can use any weapon, cast magic at the same time, combat appears to be tactical, cooking, fishing, weaving, spinning, camp fires, writing your own music and playing it, busking, shearing sheep and these are but a few.  As I said I have just started so I think I have only just scratched the surface.

Could be wrong tho and it might be a pile of crap in the long run.  I hope not because I really like it so far. :S

• monitorsmonitors Member Posts: 2

When your  character is uber and people are wondering how tough you are, most people WILL pvp.  But having to lose  and taint your record due to lag and hacks truly sux.  Nexon can't handle hackers. 

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

When your  character is uber and people are wondering how tough you are, most people WILL pvp.  But having to lose  and taint your record due to lag and hacks truly sux.  Nexon can't handle hackers. 

I've seen hacking in WoW and Aion, but never in Mabinogi so far at least.  Is this a major issue for most Mabinogi players?

• DatarinDatarin Member CommonPosts: 164

Originally posted by B1mble

I play on the EU version and haven't seen anything unusual so I can't comment.  With respect to the rest of your statement, with all that this game has to offer, if dueling is all that you are into why are you playing this?  I would suggest Aika or some other RvR game with a more fluid combat system and groovy special effects.

I have just recently started playing this and I am blown away by the options available and this doesn't even include the nice touches such as the attempt at giving MOBS a life (watched wolves attack sheep and the guard dogs defend, watched foxes attack chickens etc oh and weather which is always a plus).

To date this is the only game that seems to offer something else other than the mindless grinding of MOBS (fedex and delivery runs,) to level up enough to be able to compete in PVP.

I can use any weapon, cast magic at the same time, combat appears to be tactical, cooking, fishing, weaving, spinning, camp fires, writing your own music and playing it, busking, shearing sheep and these are but a few.  As I said I have just started so I think I have only just scratched the surface.

Could be wrong tho and it might be a pile of crap in the long run.  I hope not because I really like it so far. :S

I don't have very high opinions of Nexon given all the games I've played have had some sort of publisher underlying motive that's ruined the game for me, Mabinogi included.

That said, Mabinogi was one of THE gems of the F2P MMOs on the market of a few years back. I'm glad you discovered it.

Forums: The best real-time interactive MMORPG you'll ever be in.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by Qazz

I've seen hacking in WoW and Aion, but never in Mabinogi so far at least.  Is this a major issue for most Mabinogi players?

I haven't seen any, but then again I am trying to work out how to compose music and improving my craftying skills.  I don't seem to do much in the way of combat at the mo.  Sitting around a campfire and trying to play the Lute is more entertaining.

Like I said above, with all the stuff that Mabinogi offers I find it strange that players would have tunnel vision towards only one aspect of it.  I might try PVP later on and if I suck at it then there is still loads of other things to concentrate on so meh i suppose.  If I sucked at PVP in say Aika it would be different since that is the core of the game.

As for hackers, I wouldnt like to say having never encountered any.  Player lagging yes, hacks no.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

._.

Mabinogi has no hackers. We have modders....people that change the looks of their equipment to something that looks better...but only they can see them...

You're just making excuses for your fail in pvp -.-

• AemiAemi Member Posts: 148

Originally posted by Feverfew

._.

Mabinogi has no hackers. We have modders....people that change the looks of their equipment to something that looks better...but only they can see them...

Using a different name for it doesn't change the fact that lots of people in Mabi cheat. Players who "mod" download a whole lot more than just different outfits for their characters. Also lets use the proper term. It's not modding, it's not hacking. It's cheating.

• StonekirbyStonekirby Member Posts: 8

As we say there, go QQ somemore.  Seriously, it does have its modder spikes everynow and than, but it shouldnt be bad unless your on Ruairi, like me.

Custom signature

• Basil90Basil90 Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Aemi

Originally posted by Feverfew

._.

Using a different name for it doesn't change the fact that lots of people in Mabi cheat. Players who "mod" download a whole lot more than just different outfits for their characters. Also lets use the proper term. It's not modding, it's not hacking. It's cheating.

How is changing the looks of your equipment and helping yourself level cheating? Besides if you're not into PvP there are plenty of OTHER things to do on Mabigoni, don't cry about it. Oh, and it's not hacking, 95% of the people who play Mabigoni don't even know how to use a simple SQL injection, let alone hack an online client.

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

-

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

I guess I was just being ignorant.. It's totally ruined by cheating at the moment.. and GMs are nowhere to be seen, at least not in EU server.