Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFxiv The State of the Game

cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Hello all you budding FFXIV fans out there.

This is my 10th State of the game i have writern so lets get to it.

What can i say about this bueaty of a game. I think the First thing is this .

Square Enix is the most brilliant and honourable Dev/publisher out there.To release a game realise that it isnt up to par then to send a formal apology about the game and insist on not charging a sescription fee til the game is up to scratch.Then work Tirelessly to get that game up to scratch instead of just letting the players play a piece of crap , is brilliant and more game publishers should follow thier example!!!

Now as for FFXIV to this day there have been improvement upon improvement on the game and here is where it stands today.

Graphics        10/10   This is to this date the most bueatiful game i have ever played

Gameplay      7/10     The gameplay has been improved though the combat defently needs to be improved in some shape       or   form. They are currently working on nw combat patches.

Classes         7/10      They have a huge amount of options and the class system is brilliant

Sound          8/10       I find myelf lissening to the tracks more then my audio library.

UI                 5/10      They originaly designed this for a console and it shows but they have greatly improved it.

Now for all those new people out there wanting to try this game I will say this to you It is worth it at its present state they are not charging sescriptions and the head producer is sending emails out every fortnight about whats been going on it is a brilliant turnarround from where the game was six months ago.

Conclusion

FFXIV is a great game in its current state huge content has been added and the classes are well balanced though there is room for improvement and they are activly adding to the game weekly.

7/10 is my score i think in 6 months time it may be with all the added content and fixes arround the 9/10 mark.

Current games;
Star treck online
Rift
Eve online
Firefall

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Pretty spot on for the most part except for:

This is to this date the most bueatiful game i have ever played
    I think you need to play more games heh.
  • ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

I got the collector's edition at launch, and recently returned to check out the new patch. First thing I noticed is that performance has been GREATLY improved for my system (e8400 3ghz, AMD HD5770, 4g ram). The combat has been tweaked slightly, and is an improvement. I love the gathering system in this game, but unfortunately there is STILL no way to efficiently sell gathered resources. The market ward system HAS to go. Simply trying to figure out a ballpark figure for pricing items for sale is an eye-gouging experience. I get that they were trying to do something different, and possibly create a more realistic economy, but it just doesn't work. It's still my biggest complaint about the game, and will likely cause me to stop playing again. I just don't have time to micro-manage my bazaar, or wait for someone to accidentally find my retainer and buy something from him.

EDIT: I want to echo the OP's sentiment about Square Enix. I have never heard of a developer admiting that they fell short, and then decide not to charge a subscription fee until they fixed the shortcomings. I hear a lot of bad things about SE, but this is above and beyond what any other developer would ever do.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Foomerang

Well I have to agree with cyrician, but I would like to know what other MMOs you're saying look better?  This is of course my opinion but what is yours?

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

MMORPG's review is still accurate. Perhaps 5.5 at most at this time.

They are scratching the surface right now aside from the combat system reimagining process and several overhauls still need to be completed for the game to be enjoyable.

Making UI less dependent on the server.

Repairing and optimizing the servers and the server-client communication.

Optimizing the engine and the way data is stored on the client.

Reimagining the existing areas.

If you think the game is in any shape or form acceptable before all of this is dealt with, you are wrong.

Everything mentioned above is being worked on, but that changes nothing for the time being. Before the changes are applied on our end the game is unfinished.

Of course these are only few of the repairs they want to make and have made to the game, but they are by far the most important.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

is it worth buying the game to play so I can kill time until TOR?

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

No, buy the game after TOR.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by Lashley

is it worth buying the game to play so I can kill time until TOR?

If you can get a box for 10$, I'd say try it. 

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

its £4.95 on amazon

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

I bought the collectors edition localy it cost about $108 back then on release. Personly now i think i have seen it for 39$ and as low as 10$ on a store selling it localy i wouldnt pay anymore then 50$ for the game at present if i had to think about it again . The game is enjoyable but i play at present about 5 differnt games.

1. Eve online

2.FFXIV

3.Rift

4.Runescape ( i shudder at this game but its hell adictive and i can play it anywhere.

5. (any number of f2p games i have downloaded currently almost 40 on my system )

I mix these games together and play them in rotation only really playing Eve ,FFXIV, and Rift Daily.

My Hopes are on GW2 to pull me from the game rutt i am in and FFxIV aswell in 6months time . Eve acts like  a background screensaver for me as i dont really do anything but sit in stations.

I MAinly play FFXIv when i have 2+ hours to spare as it takes a little time to get back into the difference in play.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Khrymson

Originally posted by Foomerang

Well I have to agree with cyrician, but I would like to know what other MMOs you're saying look better?  This is of course my opinion but what is yours?

He didnt say mmo. He said most beautiful game. Ive played quite a few games that look better than this. But if you were to just make it mmos, Id say Age of Conan and FFXIV are tied as the best.