Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There will be no ganking of newbie players in the Old Republic.....

Comments

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by scottec1425

Originally posted by EduardoASG

well.. in a pvp server, i think full unrestricted pvp should be allowed, with some kind of npc factions helping to defend the player factions main hubs.

on the other hand, on a non pvp server, no pvp at all should be allowed unless agreed upon like warzones or pvp teammatchings events etc.

forcing no pvp areas in an open pvp server does not make much sense.. unless they doing it to avoid the technological issues related to crowding the starting zones with gankers and sheep.

if people do not like pvp, they should play pve servers, simple as that.. cos beeing ganked is part of the pvp experience, even in real life.

SWTOR is doing exactly what you want. the NPC faction is doing such a good job of protecting the new players they have encased them in a bubble of you cant touch them. Who cares, im sure by level 15-20 you will be able to gank them, let the poor newbies get a few ranks of skills before you slaughter them.

Exactly,  why anyone should care that players level 1-15 or so get ganked is beyond me unless one is advocating that style of gameplay for the gankers.  No one should be handed easy pvp wins even if they don't mind being a tool and picking on newbs.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Err, yay? ^^

The chicken transformation was the best thing about Warhammer.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Ganking newbies should not be tolerated in any game. "But I want open PvP!!! waaaah, I want excitement, danger, blablablablbalbla" 

Darkfall and other FFA mindless zerg games this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by Elikal

Err, yay? ^^

The chicken transformation was the best thing about Warhammer.

lol, that's funny. Though I liked the game a little more than that, I used to purposely change into a Chicken just to see how long I could survive hehe. It also managed to pull the enemy into the wrong direction sometimes which I found amusing :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Great one more reason to play Guild Wars 2 instead of this casual crap fest. Please Bioware add also guards that support this little newbies if they get into an wrong zone that is to high lv. Pathetic. Star Wars :: The Carebear Republic Online

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by BadSpock

Gankers are carebears because they need higher levels and better gear to actually kill an opponent in PvP.

Huge chickens.

Real men fight fairly.

That's not how real war goes though. Most fights are unfair.

It depends what you want out of your pvp content: competition style restrictions / e-sports or open world realism / unbalanced conflict.

Seriously, you bring real war into this? Since when is that supposed to be fun? That comparison really has no place in this discussion at all.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Otomox

Great one more reason to play Guild Wars 2 instead of this casual crap fest. Please Bioware add also guards that support this little newbies if they get into an wrong zone that is to high lv. Pathetic. Star Wars :: The Carebear Republic Online

Hilarious!

And if you think that ArenaNet is going to allow unfettered ganking - you're in for a big surprise :D!

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Very good choice and further increases the chances I'll start on a PVP server. 

• pexisxpexisx Member Posts: 11

So what will be different in pvp server from pve server then ?

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Originally posted by pexisx

open world pvp after newbie area= pvp server

no open world pvp after newbie area= pve server

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by grunt187

Originally posted by pexisx

open world pvp after newbie area= pvp server

no open world pvp after newbie area= pve server

Yeah, though there will also be dedicated world pvp area's with objectives on both kind of servers. Just to clarify.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

It bewilders me that people expected there to be hardcore pvp rulesets in place in SWTOR, a AAA title which is trying to appeal to as many gamers (and casuals) as possible.

As someone who does prefer hardcore open world ffa pvp and someone who has from time to time ganked my fair share of newbs, it does not surprise me in the least that BW would not allow it in this game and more to the point it makes perfect sense that they should not allow it in this game.

For those complaining about it, why the fuck are you wanting to gank people in a story driven, tab target mmo.. why are you not in dedicated pvp games or hardcore ruleset sandboxes? And if you are, what the hell are you doing expecting a AAA "family title" to have similar rules?

There will clearly be a difference betwee the PVE and the PVP servers, but to expect full on open world anything goes combat was simply expecting too much given the nature of the title.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

That is some strange reasoning right there. "I won't play SWTOR because it won't let me gank newbies, so I'll play GW2 instead, where I am also not allowed to gank newbies."

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Hahahaha... good because you are not allowed to gank or harrass low levels in GW2 either. Infact, ANET is even more strict on this issue. So yeah i don't udnerstand your silly logic. 

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Originally posted by Supersoups

Hahahaha... good because you are not allowed to gank or harrass low levels in GW2 either. Infact, ANET is even more strict on this issue. So yeah i don't udnerstand your silly logic. 

actually when they go to lower level zones they scale down, although there is no mention of pvp in open world... to my knowledge other than WvWvW if theres something new I havn't heard let me know, I love open world PvP.

Further more, who's this fun for? What does ganking newbies accomplish? So I don't understand why this is negative towards any real PvPer. If you're going to play a game without a harsh death penalty why do you think you should be able to grief, it's obviously a typical theme park setting in that sense.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by C0MA

Originally posted by Supersoups

actually when they go to lower level zones they scale down, although there is no mention of pvp in open world... to my knowledge other than WvWvW if theres something new I havn't heard let me know, I love open world PvP./

There is no open world PvP in gw2. From my understanding WsWsW will be outside of PvE world and is intended as replacement for open world pvp, but there was only minimum info released about WsWsW so we can only speculate about it.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

MOST people wouldn't expect a gankfest opportunity in this type of game. The statement from Bioware was just a 'stop discussing it' post. The numbers of potential players who would have played but will now quit in a huff over this will be minuscule.

*shrug* Onward. Where's my beta invite?

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

There are no two ways about this in my mind. If you gank your a dick. There is no justification for it, there is no excuse for it. Your a dick. It doesn't matter about rulesets, or what the game allows you to do, your still a dick. Getting your self esteam from ruining the days of people who are in no position to offer you a challenge makes you a dick.  Having a tantrum on an internet forum because a game that never had any intention of allowing you to gank newbies, won't let you gank newbies....Well I think I have made my feelings clear about what I think you are. 

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Name one mainstream  game with world pvp ( apart from AoC ) where there much ganking of newbies anyway these days .

Warcraft used to have plenty but since the cross server looking for a group system its extremly rare you'll get ganked or find many other people playing for that matter . Essentially they made every server into a pve server which imo is THE dumbest thing ever done by Blizzard and literally killed the game for those that enjoy world pvp .

Warhammer has limits to its tiers if you go back to another one you get turned into a chicken .

Rift . I've been ganked a couple of times but again its rare and most people are in instanced play .

Age of Conan of course is the exception here . You play on a pvp server and pretty much everyone and anyone will gank you .

Personally I like the ability to gank and to be ganked at lower levels . Sure its a pain when it happens to you but thats what pvp servers are for . I would love to see a game like the original WoW because for me that still is the watermark for this type of mmo .

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

This is good news ,there are few things more pathetic than some high level character ganking a newbie repeatedly ,well done Bioware 

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Name one mainstream  game with world pvp ( apart from AoC ) where there much ganking of newbies anyway these days .

Warcraft used to have plenty but since the cross server looking for a group system its extremly rare you'll get ganked or find many other people playing for that matter . Essentially they made every server into a pve server which imo is THE dumbest thing ever done by Blizzard and literally killed the game for those that enjoy world pvp .

Warhammer has limits to its tiers if you go back to another one you get turned into a chicken .

Rift . I've been ganked a couple of times but again its rare and most people are in instanced play .

Age of Conan of course is the exception here . You play on a pvp server and pretty much everyone and anyone will gank you .

Personally I like the ability to gank and to be ganked at lower levels . Sure its a pain when it happens to you but thats what pvp servers are for . I would love to see a game like the original WoW because for me that still is the watermark for this type of mmo .

When warhammer launched, me and some other poor order toons couldnt even leave the 1st house where questgivers were. There were dozens of destros outside for hours making the game unplayable and you can imagine how much we wanted to play since it was the launch day

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• nrich61nrich61 Member Posts: 3

pansies

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

Why make a "mmorpg" when the game seem to be more and more offline single player game?

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by ShredderSE

Why make a "mmorpg" when the game seem to be more and more offline single player game?

What seems is not what it is in reality. i didn't know that ganking low levels was an essential feature of a MMORPG.

• demonboxdemonbox Member Posts: 34

damn guys u type a lot :)

someone mentioned real life, well let me tell you something

in RL no one forbids you to kill a kid or get on a roof to oneshoot civilians (not directly at least) but, if you decide to do it, you know (unless u've some brain issue) you'r facing some dangers... you know like gettin shot by some zealous cop, or ending up in jail for the rest of yr life (short life if you for example live in the states).

In a game you can't do this (sadly?), i mean what would be like if you go to the starting planet/town/whatever and you get caught by some patrolling player (or some npc guard), they manage to knock you off and there you r, either killed and forced to create a new toon or confined into a jail unable to play the game for let's say 2 weeks?

that's the point imho, risk/retribution, if there's none (serious one), then no sorry i don't like the game, if there's some then i agree everyone should be able to go and kill a 1min old toon, that makes the game more interesting, and hell i might even try and gank some noob for thrill

EDIT: sigh damn english, sorry for mistakes i missed to correct in this edit ^_^;