Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane Support

WizZifnabWizZifnab Member Posts: 2

OK, I'm beginning to think that Shadowbane has the worst support (maybe no support?) of any game I've every played.

I attempted to use the UbiSoft FAQ to find help for my problem...no luck.  It suggested that I use the 'Ask a question'.  I submitted a problem report, but was told:  sorry, you must direct your problem to Shadowbane support.  I was told to view the Shadowbane FAQ (already did that before trying to 'Ask a question') or ...this is great... use 'Ask a question'.  Which is the very thing that was telling me to direct probelm to Shadowbane support!!!  (Also, don't get me started on the problems I had setting up an UbiSoft account...such as entering the required country field, but drop down list of countries was empty!!!).

I also sent an email to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].  I was just guessing on the email addresses since the site didn't list any as far as I could see.  In any case, two were undeliverable.  I did get a response from [email protected] which said basically, sorry you must use the online Shadowbane FAQ or 'Ask a question'!!!!

So anyone had similar problems with support for Shadowbane??  Is this Shadowbane specific or is it UbiSoft that is the in general.  I can understand trying to direct support to the online avenues, but email support should always be available as a fallback.

Comments

• LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77
    I had problems too with Shadowbane.  I downloaded the free trial the first time didnt work. So i waited and eventually it said sorry that version was screwed up caome and download our 600 mb trial again! So i went and dled it.  Then i finally got it and i installed and everything seemed to be going fine.  I click on play is the update window. . .it starts to open. . . ERROR.. your system does not meet minimum graphic requirements.  I was liek WTH!!! so i went and looked at the requirements and at my system.   My system is much higher then their crappy minimums! So i went to the site and it said contact Ubi soft.  So i did and wrote an e-mail of my problems. . . I click send, and. . . SORRY Ubisoft does not accept e-mails for help in Shadowbane anymore! Go to somewhere else etc.  I am now thouroughly pissed at Ubi, why don't they just tell you before you write and e-mail to them that they wont answer it!  Well if anyone else can help me with my prob please do, and post it on this board.  My final thought is Ubi has horrible customer service.  Peace ouy image

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    OMG! shadowbane support does suck, i called em, and i was on hold for like 30 mins, BECAUSE they never answered my emailsimage

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• AndromedaAndromeda Member Posts: 11

Shadowbane will lose many players and perhaps go down the drain when one of the upcoming MMORPG's are released. The game is one big bug and they do not update fast enough. I've had many of my in-game petitions go unanswered.

The sad thing is, the game has so much potential, but it's quite frustrating when you SB.EXE everytime there is a guild vs guild battle, and I'm not talking about random errors, it's repetitive to the point of insanity. Lag pauses are a joke too, and it really has nothing to do with how powerful your system is....Those with uber machines suffer just as much as those with mediocre ones. It's sad when you have this awesome system and have to turn all of the graphic settings down to low.

I myself am playing Shadowbane because there is really nothing else to play, and I hate that huge timesink Everquest. Shadowbane can be fun every once in a while....The pvp is awesome when you are lag and error free.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

well accoridng to me...it's already down the drain

though a few MAC users will still play it...you know since mac's suck and allimage

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• PuffPuff Member Posts: 4

I agree, the support is not at all good. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate any attempts at helping me. Well, I use mac :::^D:: hehe.. but whenever I log on, ever since the latest patch when it says "Attempting To Log Into Server" the sounds stutters and it 'unexpectedly quits'. It has never done that before and I't lost count of the number of times I tried to log on. I spent hours looking for sites where I could ask about my problem but couldnt find anywhere. Any help would be appreciated :::^)::

Cut off a wolf's head and it still has the power to bite- Eboshi

I'd go into SB config on the startup patcher screen and turn all sounds off to see if it was my soundcard conflicting with whatever updates WP made to the SB program.

If it is I would see what Apple says about it...Maybe they can help out.

• crzybrtndrcrzybrtndr Member Posts: 94
    Apparantly even the support team figured out this game blew the big one and quit along with the majority of their playerbase.........

Ok, heh, couldn't see the config on the startup screen... the mac and pc version aren't different are they...? You'll have to excuse me, I'm a bit computer illiterate. I sent the problem to Apple but haven't got a response yet. Thanks for your help :::^D::

• ddpownzddpownz Member Posts: 6
    I have also e-mailed ubisoft with a question about my video card. No Answer ever came back.  I finally fixed the problem by searching some forums and i found out i had to download a new driver.

They just might be different, but I've found they usually are the same. For me it's mid-right. There are 3 buttons and one of them is SB Config.

Great. I was obsessed with that game but now I'm starting to think it's not worth it. :::^(::

I wouldn't worry about it at all....There are so many new MMORPG's coming out that I'm sure one will be worth it. I've already quit playing SB.....Just don't feel like giving them money for an incomplete game.

Ok, I was obsessed with that game, but now I'm starting to thnk it's not worth it. :::^(::