Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aikaand whyGpotato didn't ruin the game

PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

I'll start by using my wow experience:

4 years subscribed at a cost of $720 x time spent farming gear in dungeons (priceless toorture)

In the past I have detested item mall games but when i get past my indignation it actually makes more since to me as a gamer(in all actuallity this is a godsend for casual gamers).  I mean here  you are with a game where you can top out and have endgame gear the day you hit the lvl cap. You can't do it with games like WoW or most othere Sub based games.

If I was to compare the amount of money I spent subing to WOW plus the agony of endlessly runing dungeons to constantly upgrade gear I would consider spending $2,000 on top end gear in this game a damn spiffy bargain.

NO Item Malls do not ruin the game they enhance the game for a casual gamer like myself. This game is not about single player pvp. Its about armies VS armies. It does not matter if you spent $2,000 on +11 gear. IF the enemy knows you are one of the "Godlings" you can bet your sweet ass you are gona be the primary target in ever battle you join. Even Godlings fall in battle.

So i'm not worried about anyone being a Godling. In the larger picture they are not gona make that much of a diff because there are to few of them in a single army.

As for the rest of the item mall most of it is stuff of convenance nothing more. You can do without it.

Thesis:

You do not have to spend a penny to enjoy this game. You do not have to get +11 gear. You can have just as much fun plugging away with mid range gear like the majority of the player base.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
8 gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389

i played aika some while ago it was a fun game and i dont think gpotato ruined it BUT its an expensive game if you decide to be serious about it .

if your gonna compare games it should be f2p against f2p and p2p against p2p .  ive played more f2p games than p2p games and have to say i wouldnt play aika very seriously becuase its just to dayum expensive to plus stuff.

2k $ like you say is NOT CASUAL gaming for me .

so i would say while aika is not the worst f2p game out there its far from the best, for example i grinded my way to max level in Last Chaos back in the day and i maybe put 40$ into the game  and had all top eva gear all plussed up.

I cant see this as possible in aika without spending massive amounts of money

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

If you ask me the fact that anyone wanting to be a godling will have to spend several thousand dollars is a plus for all concerned. This almost certainly  means that there will be far few uber elite PK ganking asses in this game than most others.

Sure there will be a few but far far fewer than in any other game to date. For me this is a win win. I can aford the cost of being one of the uber elite but I'm not as much concerned about it since its mostly a target on your back and a status symbol more than anything.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• Gregross111Gregross111 Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by Palladin

I'll start by using my wow experience:

4 years subscribed at a cost of $720 x time spent farming gear in dungeons (priceless toorture)

In the past I have detested item mall games but when i get past my indignation it actually makes more since to me as a gamer(in all actuallity this is a godsend for casual gamers).  I mean here  you are with a game where you can top out and have endgame gear the day you hit the lvl cap. You can't do it with games like WoW or most othere Sub based games.

If I was to compare the amount of money I spent subing to WOW plus the agony of endlessly runing dungeons to constantly upgrade gear I would consider spending $2,000 on top end gear in this game a damn spiffy bargain.

NO Item Malls do not ruin the game they enhance the game for a casual gamer like myself. This game is not about single player pvp. Its about armies VS armies. It does not matter if you spent $2,000 on +11 gear. IF the enemy knows you are one of the "Godlings" you can bet your sweet ass you are gona be the primary target in ever battle you join. Even Godlings fall in battle.

So i'm not worried about anyone being a Godling. In the larger picture they are not gona make that much of a diff because there are to few of them in a single army.

As for the rest of the item mall most of it is stuff of convenance nothing more. You can do without it.

Thesis:

You do not have to spend a penny to enjoy this game. You do not have to get +11 gear. You can have just as much fun plugging away with mid range gear like the majority of the player base.

just the fact that ppl can purchase gear with real money is probably the reason no one cares about this game expect for the few thousand fanbois who are obsessed with anime and large eyes.. 

• OneiraOneira Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Gregross111

just the fact that ppl can purchase gear with real money is probably the reason no one cares about this game expect for the few thousand fanbois who are obsessed with anime and large eyes.. 

Fangirl,  who's not really a fan of anime at all.  The prans are cute but they're not over the top anime looking.  

I'm sure as hell not spending $2000 on this game.  I'm not going to obsess over what I can't have. 

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I consider Aika an extremely strong F2p mmorpg for the lax, non-competitive casual player. 

If you are a overlly competitive pvper stay away because you will be spending thousands of dollars to be the best.

Everyone else? its really a fun game.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• Aika_OnlineAika_Online Aika Community ManagerMember Posts: 18

We do our best to encourage players to play.  What Aika is REALLY about is the drama.  It's about getting into your nation and making an impact.  It's not about who's f2p and who's a cash shop user; it's about contributing to the war effort.  It's about going in with your buddies, heading over to another nation and taking them down.

It is one ton of fun and worth doing no matter what amount of cash shop you'd like to use. =]

Have fun!