Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dead Island on my Lenovo Ideapad Y460

eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Hi, I been playing dead island alot lately and made a mini review/gameplay.  For all those interested here is clicky link to my video on youtube, LINK

Ill just tell a little bit about my experience so far, if you want to know more about my thoughts watch the video.  Dead Island for PC is a decent game with a great big open world to explore from the start of the game.  Im huge horror fan so this game probably appeals to me more then some others.  I like the 4 player multiplayer co-op, its what makes the game come togather.  

Besides those things, there are some thigs I dont like about it either, some of the dead zombie graphics looks terrible as I explain a bit further in the video.  Also there currently isnt any anti aliasing or vsync support in the build I played.  I wish there were packs of zombies that make getting to safety feel like something special, yet in dead island you will never see more then 4 zombies at any time and even then you dont have to ever run.  I think they could have added some more suspence and terror to it. 

In the end the game world that is Banoi the island that you play the entire game on is rich with stuff to explore and good times to be had.  I suggest its a must play for any horror fan and at least a rent or play with your freinds for non horror fans just looking to see what it has to offer.

Comments

• newkidznewkidz Member Posts: 19

I just saw your video! but I still need more review to buy dead island!  cause some peoples said dead island are not worted to buy!

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

oh its worth its, its a great game.  You definitely get your moneys worth with this game, there is so much to explore and do, you could spend a hundread hours playing through the giant world and not cover everything.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Do NOT buy Dead Island until they do the following:

-Add ability to change your FoV

-Add a toggle option for Bloom & HDR

-Add a toggle option for Motion Blur

The above three fixes listed above will DESTROY your eyes if you play this game. It literally looks like you're playing a character who needs HEAVY DUTY glasses. The game is LITERALLY that blurring & bright.

Overall,  if you enjoy zombie killing more than ANYTHING else this game is for you. HOWEVER, the game suffers from limited "open worldness" (it's actually fairly small), and the storyline is HORRIBLE. Parts of the story don't mesh up, people you're supposed to be helping/saving end up being non-essential tasks that you ignore later, and PRIMARY plots of the story are so abhorrently obvious (e.g: someone dieing, or parts being told before they should) make the game unenjoyable for story & immersion buffs.

BUT, like i said, IF you enjoy nothing else than figuring out 1,000,000 different ways to kill zombies & toy with them then this is the game for you. Otherwise, pass on it like a $3 bag of chips.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

it was built by a small Dev team what can u expect, I have to say im suprized how good the game is compared to some of the crap that has came out lately.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

The above three fixes listed above will DESTROY your eyes if you play this game. It literally looks like you're playing a character who needs HEAVY DUTY glasses. The game is LITERALLY that blurring & bright.

I dont agree with anything you said about the actual game, I love this game. its not small and I found the storyline to be inline with other zombie Ips. 

However I do agree with the FoV, Bloom and Motion blur. I dont understand why Techland thinks people want the screen all bright and blurry all the time. It gives me a headache and sadly i can only play an hour or so at a time. 

Dead Island in my opinion is a wonderful game, Techland however are morons for not considering their PC customers and giving us proper graphical options.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I dont agree with anything you said about the actual game, I love this game. its not small and I found the storyline to be inline with other zombie Ips. 

However I do agree with the FoV, Bloom and Motion blur. I dont understand why Techland thinks people want the screen all bright and blurry all the time. It gives me a headache and sadly i can only play an hour or so at a time. 

Dead Island in my opinion is a wonderful game, Techland however are morons for not considering their PC customers and giving us proper graphical options.

The options in video settings dont honestly bother me at all although i can see where some people it might. Though, in game, I think it looks fine, and the brightnest nor the motion blur detract in any way from my having a good time. I made it to the church in act 2 yesterday, Untill I made it here I really didnt know what to expect, but this isnt just a half finished game.  Techland shows when u get into the meat of the game that there in it for the long haul.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I have had my eyes on this game for awhile.  So far the reviews are a little mixed on it.  I am going to wait till steam drops it to under 20 USD.

Originally posted by outfctrl

I have had my eyes on this game for awhile.  So far the reviews are a little mixed on it.  I am going to wait till steam drops it to under 20 USD.

thats goin take awhile, the game has been #1 on sales in steam for almost 2 weeks now.  Its a great game, very great.  You will love it!