Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Lineage game coming.

ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157

Just read an article on MMOsite.com link. It is said there that Project LF is being unveiled at Gstar this year. This project seems to be the 'Lineage Forever' project. 

More about LF:

http://www.thisisgame.com/go/tag/lineage-forever/

http://lineageone.com/en/node/4844

Am I being to optimistic ? Looks like we finally have some kind of 'sequel' news.

I sure hope it is a lineage game.

Comments

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

Huh that quite interesting. But it says it might not be similar to lineage 2 :(

Lineage 2 had a few awesome things as a game:

high speed animations compared to those slugish boring new mmorpg...

diversity in races/classes

Realistic world and beautiful special effects

Beatiful and realistic armors/wepaons

The soundtrack, lineage 2 was the only game that had beautiful soundtrack no matter where you went from talking island village to hunters village to antharas cave

I just hope it has those things and doesnt become like most slow mmos with their wasd and slow animations and cartoony graphics and horrible music

• ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157

Yes I also hope they maintain the gameplay of L2. For me, it´s enough if they only would release a revamp of L2.

Soundtrack was very special indeed. You really felt you were at a special place when you were are LoA/ToI. Or when fighting bosses etc.

But LF was said to be a revamp of the original Lineage (10 years back, maybe changed into L3 now?). It will probably still have the core lineage mechanics (main focus on pvp/territory control/massive pvp/player politics)  But we will see. I just hope it wont be something like the mainstream MMO´s.  I sure hope it remains on its Lineage roots.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by Wolfy2449

I now laugh so hard and definitely not because you misspelled "beautiful" (well, armors and weapons full of beat, who would have thought about that ?).

Realistic ?!?!?!?!? LOL

Lineage 2 had some of the most absurd weapon designs I've ever seen in any game, ever. Most importantly those huge hopelessly oversized twohanded swords that nobody possibly could lift, let alone use.

Lineage 2 was known for its extreme style. But really not for realism.

Originally posted by Coldices

Yes I also hope they maintain the gameplay of L2. For me, it´s enough if they only would release a revamp of L2.

Soundtrack was very special indeed. You really felt you were at a special place when you were are LoA/ToI. Or when fighting bosses etc.

But LF was said to be a revamp of the original Lineage (10 years back, maybe changed into L3 now?). It will probably still have the core lineage mechanics (main focus on pvp/territory control/massive pvp/player politics)  But we will see. I just hope it wont be something like the mainstream MMO´s.  I sure hope it remains on its Lineage roots.

I find it most odd that they apparently want to do exactly the same thing as SOE with their "EverQuest Next".

About getting me as a player, sure they would have a chance. They would have to make a game that is much more complex in its classes, combat system, and has a lot of story content in the game world. But I dont think that one will happen. L3 will be another uber boring asian grinder, and there is no chance in hell I'm doing that one again, ever.

• dpdgms1dpdgms1 Member Posts: 17

indeed music in lineage 2 is splendid

Originally posted by Adamantine

''

I find it most odd that they apparently want to do exactly the same thing as SOE with their "EverQuest Next".

About getting me as a player, sure they would have a chance. They would have to make a game that is much more complex in its classes, combat system, and has a lot of story content in the game world. But I dont think that one will happen. L3 will be another uber boring asian grinder, and there is no chance in hell I'm doing that one again, ever.

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you are this narrow-minded that you come up with terms like 'asian grinder' then you just never understood the game. The game was never about solo grinding till you die. It's ok  that you don't like this kind of games but saying that it is just an asian grinder is just poor. 

Lineage was about making friendships and experience the journey with them. You are free to set your own goals and do what you want.  Want to be famous PKer that just kills everyone in sight ? You can. Want to just experience the game slow and socialize with other people ? You can. What they did well with this game is not giving it alot of restrictions around player interaction. There are so many more things but I just don't care to explain to you tbh.

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

sounds nice, and is it Lineage Forever thats gonna be the fps combat or? and I hope ncsoft west wont adress cheating as their do with l2

• StuporityStupority Member Posts: 53

I now laugh so hard and definitely not because you misspelled "beautiful" (well, armors and weapons full of beat, who would have thought about that ?).

Realistic ?!?!?!?!? LOL

Lineage 2 had some of the most absurd weapon designs I've ever seen in any game, ever. Most importantly those huge hopelessly oversized twohanded swords that nobody possibly could lift, let alone use.

But surely those can't be bigger than the ones in TERA in which the swords block the sun and are at risk of collapsing under their own weight into a black hole.

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

Realistic ?!?!?!?!? LOL

Still though the design is beautiful and unique, its strange yes but thats the nice thing about them, they are well crafted items

And the armors/weapons they have hard edges etc and fit in a realistic looking world compared to the overly round object in most new games with cartoony graphics, even games that are trying to be realistic still have too many curves in their 3d modeling making it so fake and 3d looking compared to lineage 2 were i just felt i was inside that world, beautiful areas that felt real, beautiful weapons and armor...ah i miss those things

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573
    It's confirmed L3 has been in production for 10 years or mmosite is bsing we will know in November I hope it has similar but better engine because things like going up stairs looked very strange also toomany pointy edges to buildibgs in l2 and adding wsad in addition to click to move will help in combat.
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

LOL at you fools, the date on the stuff OP posted is 2007....

You didn't read well. The article from mmosite is from september this year. After I saw that they mentioned project c (LF) I did some research and I found those sites talking about LF(Lineage Forever there). Im saying its a possibility that its thr same game as what was being talked of on those old posts.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Datcyde

It's confirmed L3 has been in production for 10 years or mmosite is bsing we will know in November I hope it has similar but better engine because things like going up stairs looked very strange also toomany pointy edges to buildibgs in l2 and adding wsad in addition to click to move will help in combat.

They started on it a long time ago (I think it was 6 or 7 years ago) but as I remember it the sourcecode got leaked and NC soft canned the project.

I guess it is time tfor a new one now, the IP is still NC softs cash cow in south Korea. I had actually a pretty fun time 10 years ago in the first game, at least for a while.

''

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you are this narrow-minded that you come up with terms like 'asian grinder' then you just never understood the game. The game was never about solo grinding till you die. It's ok  that you don't like this kind of games but saying that it is just an asian grinder is just poor. 

Lineage was about making friendships and experience the journey with them. You are free to set your own goals and do what you want.  Want to be famous PKer that just kills everyone in sight ? You can. Want to just experience the game slow and socialize with other people ? You can. What they did well with this game is not giving it alot of restrictions around player interaction. There are so many more things but I just don't care to explain to you tbh.

I never said (or meant) "solo grinder".

Yes asian grinders enforce strong social dependencies.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Lineage Forever = Duke Nukem Forever? ;-) If so, then don't be so much in a hurry...

Never played the lineage series, but I would definitely up for it if there was a new one since I have heard good things about the games.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

I hope it comes in time for Botoberfest!

I never said (or meant) "solo grinder".

Yes asian grinders enforce strong social dependencies.

I'm just against the 'asian grinder' term. It's not like grinding is everything that the game has... Just another way of leveling. Grinding as a way of leveling was always more social than questing because questing in many games are just done solo. And in good grinders you had to party with others.

Originally posted by Kwansei

I hope it comes in time for Botoberfest!

imageimage