Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW soloable?

Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398
Is it possible for someone to solo the whole game if they like to?  The so called RPG mode, can that be soloed too? 

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

Comments

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

Yes you can solo.  You are able to get henchman to fill out your group for PVE once you leave the newbe area.  While not as good as human players they will get you by.

You can also look for groups in the towns if you wanted to as well.

For pvp you will want to join a guild.  There are always guilds recruiting in the towns, so when you are ready you will be able to join one of them if you wish.

• ArdsrangerArdsranger Member Posts: 6

yes by hiring hinchmen

BUT unlike EQ you will not be lfg for a long time. can get groupsi n minutes. NO LONG LFG> so why not make friends

• rfendtrfendt Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Yes, you can solo the whole game.  But some of the further missions are VERY tough with henchies.  People have done every mission with henches, but as was stated, it is very easy to get a group.  It may not be a great group, but it will be a group image
  • XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Real player groups will vary ALOT.

You will often get idiots, usually a Warrior/Monk, for some reason, charging ahead of everyone and thinking they are superman.

There are some groups that is perfect and made from heaven, those are rare to come by, and u have to be smart yourself first to find those.

To answer your question, NO, the game is NOT soloable.

Solo = no one else, so none of you GW veterans try to flame me here.

There are henchmen, which are NPCs that u can add to your group. They are usually right beside the exits. There are also no henchmen in pre-searing. But usually, real player groups will be better than henchmen, unless if you have played through the missions once already, then it will be better with henchmen in the earlier-mid missions.

• DraghmarDraghmar Member Posts: 3

Solo = no one else, so none of you GW veterans try to flame me here.

There are henchmen, which are NPCs that u can add to your group. They are usually right beside the exits. There are also no henchmen in pre-searing. But usually, real player groups will be better than henchmen, unless if you have played through the missions once already, then it will be better with henchmen in the earlier-mid missions.

But solo means without other real player. BG has "henchamans" too and they are called NPC's. In GW we can hire He and play with them like with real players. But it's still be like in BG and other RPGs

• Cold_HawKCold_HawK Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Jd1680a Is it possible for someone to solo the whole game if they like to?  The so called RPG mode, can that be soloed too?

Solo the whole game is absolutley not possible. Some quests are really hard and you need to gather a party to be able to complete them, but I did some of the quests solo. If you don't wanna bother getting a party, just get henchmens that you can invite in cities and outposts but getting a party isn't too hard in this game. In the beginning, you might be able to solo.

• TildenTilden Member Posts: 94

Definitely NOT.

The Academy quest is a forced grouping PvP experience. That comes as soon as level 3. Unfortunately, while it could be fun, there always seems to be a level 7 or 10 on the other side that just ganks the SH!7 out of everyone in 1 hit. Real fun (Happened to me).

So if you can suffer the 2 or 3 minutes of forced a55-raping, then you graduate to the post-n00b N00B area. Resses no longer occur automatically, and missions become harder (as in any game).

You can hire henchmen to round out your party for the missions. But is the game soloable as in 1 PC against the environment? No way. Soloable with NPC help against the environment? NO, unless you're not counting the forced a55-raping in the beginning - then yes, otherwise.

The BS about levels not mattering in PvP, only strategy, is pure BS. It's no different from any other PvP game - and they all claim that strategy matters, not levels. But when you come down to it, that level does matter. Strategy only really ever matters in any game when the levels are equal.

Games:
    WAR, LotRO, AO, GW, EQ, EQ2, AC, AC2, Vanguard, CoH, EVE, HZs, SO, MxO, SWG, DAoC, WoW, WWIIOL
    --------------------------------------

“There's a world behind the world, Professor Robinson. Lie once, cheat twice and everything becomes clear. Do not mistake my deception for a character flaw. It is philosophical choice, a profound understanding of the universe. It is a way of life.” - Doctor Smith

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

yes you can solo the game. no henchs.

• TildenTilden Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by neoteo

yes you can solo the game. no henchs.

Err, yeah, only if you don't follow the main storyline and stay in the tutorial. Click on Sir Tydus for the Academy quest (level 2+) and your solo game is over.

Games:
    WAR, LotRO, AO, GW, EQ, EQ2, AC, AC2, Vanguard, CoH, EVE, HZs, SO, MxO, SWG, DAoC, WoW, WWIIOL
    --------------------------------------

“There's a world behind the world, Professor Robinson. Lie once, cheat twice and everything becomes clear. Do not mistake my deception for a character flaw. It is philosophical choice, a profound understanding of the universe. It is a way of life.” - Doctor Smith

• mmattommatto Member Posts: 135

Well, when I was noob in GW and went to academy mission, I thougt that those other were NPCs as the grouping was automatic for that mission. So, you can think that others are just npcs and play like solo :)

I am still noob though, but our side won academy match :)

• zeboathzeboath Member Posts: 396
    Basically I'd say no. But you can though solo a lot with the henches. But it's extremely difficult. If you'd look for a game where you can solo, you shouldn't really play GW.

--------------------------------------------

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

you can solo , but only for high exeperienced players ... some missions are impossible as you said before , cose they make a team for you , or becose its really hard.

your profession is really important , some prefessions are out of the question.

exploring/looting solo many people do it.

• ScorpesScorpes Member Posts: 830

Game is probably 90% soloable if you consider 1 human player, and the rest henchman. AND if you are an experienced player that #1 knows the class he's playing like the back of his hand and has picked the skills that are essential and #2 If they have previously done the missions or read a walkthru and understand it completely.

The other 10% of the missions are towards the end of the game when you are starting to fight mursaat. They will 2-3 hit and kill any player that has not gotten armor infused prior to fighting them. Henchman cannot have their armor infused and as such it is almost impossible to complete the last 5+ missions with just henchman alone. Now granted if someone is an uber player and has infinite patience to only engage in perfect situations and if nothing goes wrong and all the cards fall your way, just maybe, you can complete some of those final missions. But without giving spoilers, some areas are impossible without infused characters at the end game.