Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmm Seems to be picking up

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Post after post about Vangaurd on this site recently. SOE announces that is going to start putting developers and time back into the game, people start coming back. Alot of people are buzzing about it. Even gets a re re review here that is mostly positive..

Claims that the population is on the upswing in probably the first time in well over a year and a half without having to have a F2P model. Maybe this will wake SOE up even more.

I mean you read 80% of the forums these days and ALMOST everyone seems to be tired of everything copying WOW.. Vanguard doesnt. You know.. It could be very possible to see a 2nd birth for this game.

Will be interested in it myself. I actually just started up a full access station account. As I am still debating Vanguard or trying out EQ2 since I never gave it much time Vanguard I really do think is a great game though. So at least this way I can play both.

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

personally i would try vanguard..imo its a much better game all round.it may not have the numbers that eq2 has but its a lot more of a challenge.the exploration on its own is enough to have most peeps drooling .

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

yeah i think its about time i popped back to check it out again.

• ZergmanZergman Member UncommonPosts: 41

Downloading trial now :D

• rothbardrothbard Member Posts: 248

Just finished DLing trial last night and rolled up a disciple on the Isle.  Will see how it goes

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

Installed the game over the weekend.  Was dismayed to find out that my 45 free days offer from SOE expired at the end of August.  I never got to use it.  I even cancelled my WoW sub in anticipation of playing VG again.  Oh well....now I am on the fence about subbing VG or not.  I'm not sure if I'll like it and don't want to waste 15 bucks if it doesn't go well.  Still trying to decide between re-subbing WoW or giving VG a shot.

• schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110

Just started my trial,

Atreinn the High Elf Sorcorer-we'll see how it goes!

Playing: GW2, Planetside 2.
    Trying out: Age of Wushu
    Looking forward to: AA, Wildstar

• ZnarfZnarf Member UncommonPosts: 82

alas you fail to mention that the game was ruined by SOE developers (sigil was no more...) adding shameful things like teleport!:(

so the world, which was once vast and beautiful, has effectively been reduced in size and meaning!:(

when a game fails to stay true to its vision, it is dea, no matter how many people try it, only to run quickly away from a game that has become like others!:(

• MyardorMyardor Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by Znarf

alas you fail to mention that the game was ruined by SOE developers (sigil was no more...) adding shameful things like teleport!:(

so the world, which was once vast and beautiful, has effectively been reduced in size and meaning!:(

when a game fails to stay true to its vision, it is dea, no matter how many people try it, only to run quickly away from a game that has become like others!:(

hmm there is noone who says that you have to use the teleports Oo

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by cybertrucker

I mean you read 80% of the forums these days and ALMOST everyone seems to be tired of everything copying WOW.. Vanguard doesnt. You know.. It could be very possible to see a 2nd birth for this game.

If this forum was representative of the mainstream gamers desire, the MMO landscape would be practically flipflopped from its current position.  This forum is a fringe gamers forum, and only a niche publisher would design a game based on its whims.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Yes there are teleports, but what you will find is you still have to travel to where you want to go. Me and a buddy were going to a dungeon, We teleported to the riftstone that we thought was closest and flew a griffon to the entrance. The travel still felt immersive...And believe me I am an old school mmo-purist (I wouldnt mind having to travel w/o riftstones and would probably prefer it)

As long as they dont put in a dungeon finder where you instantly port to the entrance of the dungeon, we are ok.

Currently the riftstones are pretty well spread out also so you will have to travel.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

I am coming back. Downloading the trial right now. Lost my old Sony account to my ex wife so I will have to start fresh. I will probably subscribe after the trial period. Like many have said, it's a great game but the population is low.

• GGaFxGGaFx Member Posts: 151

Disclaimer people don't base the game off the trials IoD it is nothing like the realy game and mainly SOE's creation but in the long run it hinders the player from knowing whats what in the world.  you lose track of the story behind each race and the quest that lead you to each major city.  I'd spend the $10 play/skip the IoD and create your char how it was intended to be created. 

or just pay for the station pass thing i believe you get to play all the games from SOE.

• dazedconfusedazedconfuse Member Posts: 67
    First time I ever heard of ex wife getting custody of your mmo. That's greatness. Not for you so much, but for us it's really funny.
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by Mizzmo

I am coming back. Downloading the trial right now. Lost my old Sony account to my ex wife so I will have to start fresh. I will probably subscribe after the trial period. Like many have said, it's a great game but the population is low.

Recover it if it was in your name/CC.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Yep thought  i'd revist VG again so trying the trial was pretty much expecting a broken game,as all the general info i could accertain left VG resembleing a slowly sinking ship ala no support low playerbase.

But here is the kicker so far i'm bloody amazed when i left it was a wreck but so far all is good,graphics for me are not the be all and end all it's the gameplay and VG also has the best crafting i've ever seen which also helps as i'm no power leveler and variety is a key factor and VG has it in spades,but graphically it aint all bad when u can use 16x antroscopic doodads and it still is as smooth as a babe's bottom,and also a rocksteady community with decent peepes really helps.

Dunno if it's to early to tell so hopefully will not contridict myself but hopefully Sony will give this some love as they may have a gem as stated by this venerable website,all in all the trial is free and hopefully will attract new blood ,so SOE may concentrate on this and not throw good money after bad DC Universe comes to mind ,so will see how it goes so but getting a good vibe atm. image

p>
  • thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

Just started the trial myself, one question though, which server to choose? Im from Europe but  it  seems Talon has more people playing? Is halgar abandoned?

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• weaseltjeweaseltje Member UncommonPosts: 19

Halgar is pretty much dead yes

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Installed yesterday and played a bit last night.

-Love the starting armor

-The crafting system for a Bard's songs should be picked by future games/love it!

Knowing that the game was on life support kept a lot of people away from the game.  Hearing that SOE is going to put resources into the game is exciting, but at the same time it is SOE so I'll believe it when I see it.

Still having fun so far.  If the pop picks up and the game continues to be fun I'll re-up my sub.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Originally posted by thanoskkk

Just started the trial myself, one question though, which server to choose? Im from Europe but  it  seems Talon has more people playing? Is halgar abandoned?

Halgar is abandoned yes, it was announced that Halgar will be merged with Telon but then they didnt do that for some reason. However, eventho you already started on Halgar, you can contact in-game support or through the ticket system to get transferred, which should happen for free and within a week or two (character is available for play during that period).

REALITY CHECK

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by Thillian

Originally posted by thanoskkk

Halgar is abandoned yes, it was announced that Halgar will be merged with Telon but then they didnt do that for some reason. However, eventho you already started on Halgar, you can contact in-game support or through the ticket system to get transferred, which should happen for free and within a week or two (character is available for play during that period).

No harm done :), gonna start a new toonin Talon  tommorow. Thanks alot for making this clear

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• SlurrSlurr Member Posts: 3

The game is having an upswing for sure. Very good game, and incredibly deep. 

Games played:
    WoW, FFXI, FFXIV, Aion, Rift, Fallen Earth, Dragon Nest, Rappelz, Requiem, Fiesta, Forsaken World, Perfect World, GW, EVE, Aika, Allods, Prius, Flyff, Maplestory, Wonderking, SW Galaxies, EQ, EQ2, etc.

Currently playing:
    Vanguard SoH (primarily), Aion(sometimes).

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Kinda bored while waiting for Dawntide so I need something to pass the time..

What server is everyone joining? And is it REALLY coming back to life?

Thanks.

• SlurrSlurr Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by psyknx

Kinda bored while waiting for Dawntide so I need something to pass the time..

What server is everyone joining? And is it REALLY coming back to life?

Thanks.

There's only one US server while the other is EU. Yes, the game is picking up. I've noticed a decent difference in player volume in just this month. Join the guild Twylight Song, it's a great guild with a ton of members, and they're all nice and incredibly helpfull. 20+ members on at any time of the day from what I've seen.

Games played:
    WoW, FFXI, FFXIV, Aion, Rift, Fallen Earth, Dragon Nest, Rappelz, Requiem, Fiesta, Forsaken World, Perfect World, GW, EVE, Aika, Allods, Prius, Flyff, Maplestory, Wonderking, SW Galaxies, EQ, EQ2, etc.

Currently playing:
    Vanguard SoH (primarily), Aion(sometimes).

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Thanks, Ill check that out.

Just got the game on steam for 8$ + 30 day free.  Be there in 10 :P

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Err ... I wouldnt call Halgar "dead" but its 20-40 people playing vs 200-400 people on Telon (both at their best playing times, mind - its pretty easy to be completely alone on Halgar if you log on an unusual time).

And there is only one guild active on Halgar that is (a) german (b) requires members to be age 25 or older. They work on having a raid force, though.