Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 forum, where did it go?

TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Weren't you supposed to add a D3 forum to the site? The poll favoured yes did it not? Or have I missed something along the road here?

scribble scribble scribble

Comments

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

I can see the argument that a forum should be on here considerng the strong multiplayer element of D3, although it's technically not an MMORPG.

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

I can see the argument that a forum should be on here considerng the strong multiplayer element of D3, although it's technically not an MMORPG.

I know, but they've added DOTA 2, LoL and HoN and technically they're not MMO games either ;) And they've gone through the whole "it's not an mmo" discussion.

EDIT: Kænt spall får shatt

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Yeah, but neither are League of Legends nor Heroes of Newerth.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Yeah, the line is really blurring these days.  Heck, my kid keep calling Call of Duty his favorite MMO becaues he plays online with other people.

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Yeah, the line is really blurring these days.  Heck, my kid keep calling Call of Duty his favorite MMO becaues he plays online with other people.

Well, nowadays there has been established a more "visible" line when it comes to games like HoN and LoL, they're called MOBA games (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This is still in the works. We may add a forum without adding the game to the Game List. But it's not 100% yet. Soon (tm).

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Originally posted by BillMurphy

This is still in the works. We may add a forum without adding the game to the Game List. But it's not 100% yet. Soon (tm).

Sweet!

• aviezeroaviezero Member Posts: 9

Diablo 3 will be (m)assive with thousands connected to the servers at any given time.  It will be (m)ultiplayer in every aspect with solo play as an option.  It requires that you be (o)nline and connected to their servers which I'm guessing is where your characters will be saved just like any other mmo. It is an (rpg) genre game where you play the role of a barbarian or whatever.  It has an all instanced world instead of a persistent one, but the characters are completely persistent.  It even has a persistent auction house.  You can play with multple people, and you can play with anybody just not all at the same time.  I don't see how this isn't an mmo.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by aviezero

Diablo 3 will be (m)assive with thousands connected to the servers at any given time.  It will be (m)ultiplayer in every aspect with solo play as an option.  It requires that you be (o)nline and connected to their servers which I'm guessing is where your characters will be saved just like any other mmo. It is an (rpg) genre game where you play the role of a barbarian or whatever.  It has an all instanced world instead of a persistent one, but the characters are completely persistent.  It even has a persistent auction house.  You can play with multple people, and you can play with anybody just not all at the same time.  I don't see how this isn't an mmo.

True.

Look at GW1 which also is essentially a lobby game without open world yet mmo enough to be represented.

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

Ah, but it's not "massive and multiplayer," it's massively mulitplayer. The two can't be separated any more than "role playing game" can be. And massively multiplayer means a persistent world. So I respectfully disagree. 

• AlanthusAlanthus Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Seems like a good idea to me, for one thing it's bound to have a massive player base and having the "general" boards fill up with Diablo 3 chatter is likely going to cause unnecessary friction...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by WhySoShort

Ah, but it's not "massive and multiplayer," it's massively mulitplayer. The two can't be separated any more than "role playing game" can be. And massively multiplayer means a persistent world. So I respectfully disagree. 

It is a little more complicated than that. We also have CORPGs on this site like DDO, STO and Guildwars.

The difference is that Diablo don't have any outposts at all. I don't personally think it have anything to do here either, then we will have to put in FPS games as well. I mean there are many people online in Modern warfare as well.

Diablo 3 is a action game with multiplayer function, nothing more and they just don't belong here.