Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who misses Tabula Rasa?

123457»

Comments

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by GamerAeon

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

I had a Guardian and Medic for a while

My Guardian was a serious Badass with my arsenal I totted around with me everything was a super good Prototype and could blow a Stalker VI up from a quarter way across the map. The Bane didn't bug me either I just tore through them with my staffs

I really would like to see this game re-emerge again

While I agree the gameplay was fun, your post sums up my biggest issue with Tabula Rasa. It was too easy.

You do know a Stalker VI wasn't that tough

Stalker XI was a BEAST ugh and then there were the Higher variety of Thrax

You may not have been high enough level to experience the higher lvl content available when the game ran

Trust me the farther out in the universe you got the tougher it got

Trust me I was high level pretty early in game. Ran a level 50 spy all over the game solo. The game was too easy to solo for a game about survival of human kind against an enemy that drove us off of Earth. There was no risk in that game for the most part. It failed for obvious reasons and being too easy was one of them

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

You shoulda said what you were

Spies had it very easy you guys tore through everything including players in PvP

You shoulda said what you were

Spies had it very easy you guys tore through everything including players in PvP

Spies in PvP were a joke. The net gun was 100% avoidable and getting backstabs were not easy. The class that had it the worst was snipers because TR had the silly notion that 100m was sniper range.

The GAME was too easy. It had nothing to do with just being a spy. There are classes that killed much easier then a spy and they too were all soloable to end game. Nothing in TR was hard, no part of TR made me feel like the enemy was a challenge.

I played a rocket/grande launcher guy into the mid 40s, he had no trouble killing at will. Nothing in TR was hard. The game would have benefitted greatly from a real enemy to fight.

if they had kept going on the proposed content track the enemy was supposed to get Alot harder when you started facing off against the Evil Eloh

But when the game started tanking they just made a super sized Thrax trooper with special powers instead of the concept art of a twisted Eloh

if they had kept going on the proposed content track the enemy was supposed to get Alot harder when you started facing off against the Evil Eloh

But when the game started tanking they just made a super sized Thrax trooper with special powers instead of the concept art of a twisted Eloh

The enemy needed to be harder a lot earlier. I thought until around level 30 that the Bane were a pretty decent enemy. It just always seemed to me that the best work done on the game ended around level 30. A game with 50 levels at release should have the content to go with it and the enemy should be solidly in place.

the problem was they never figured out what exactly they wanted to do post 30 so it was sporadic content

What they really should have done is pushed it out to multiple planets and star system bringing the lvl 50 fight to the bane and on down the road the inevitable return to earth could've been an expansion bumping the levels to 70 with the Mechs as the end result to fight off the overlords of the Bane forces.

But instead things happend badly and we got the crap that was at the end of TR

Still though it'd be nice to see this resurrected and developed further...It ended much too soon.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

While I think this game is a perfect candidate for a f2p model, I think the fact that they'd have to share profits with Richard Garriot will stop them from ever doing it.

This game had, and still has, so much potential... they really gave up on it too soon.

Originally posted by mmogawd

While I think this game is a perfect candidate for a f2p model, I think the fact that they'd have to share profits with Richard Garriot will stop them from ever doing it.

This game had, and still has, so much potential... they really gave up on it too soon.

As a F2P I do not see what this game would sell in the item shop to make the transition worthwhile. If a company took it over and went to work for about a year or so on it before going to beta it might have a chance again. But the game that died was not that good, potential it had. But the people behind it did nothing with that potential.

I really do hope someone makes a game like it but better one day. It was fun, I think the classes needed some work but could have been great.

the problem was they never figured out what exactly they wanted to do post 30 so it was sporadic content

What they really should have done is pushed it out to multiple planets and star system bringing the lvl 50 fight to the bane and on down the road the inevitable return to earth could've been an expansion bumping the levels to 70 with the Mechs as the end result to fight off the overlords of the Bane forces.

But instead things happend badly and we got the crap that was at the end of TR

Still though it'd be nice to see this resurrected and developed further...It ended much too soon.

Your plan is better than anything they had in mind.

• XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124

Loved the game at launch, but  it just kinda fell to crap, slowly but surely

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• Night_HawkeNight_Hawke Member Posts: 41

As a F2P I do not see what this game would sell in the item shop to make the transition worthwhile. If a company took it over and went to work for about a year or so on it before going to beta it might have a chance again. But the game that died was not that good, potential it had. But the people behind it did nothing with that potential.

I really do hope someone makes a game like it but better one day. It was fun, I think the classes needed some work but could have been great.

looking at defiance screenshots it does look alot TR, its also a third person shooter, in a scifi setting, so heres hoping.

ine thing that can be said is people are still talking about TR now.

Originally posted by Night_Hawke

looking at defiance screenshots it does look alot TR, its also a third person shooter, in a scifi setting, so heres hoping.

ine thing that can be said is people are still talking about TR now.

Yeah about 10 of us. Barely enough to defend a CP.

• ProstiProsti Member Posts: 45

I do miss it dearly as well. I remember when it first came out.. Oh the good times..

• TheOtterTheOtter Member UncommonPosts: 46

While the game was a bit buggy and boring after 30, it still had a great feel to it. Next to MxO, it has been my favorite MMO. I was part of a roleplaying group and we had a ton of fun. Unlocking the races was something I really enjoyed as well. Though I always hated it when I would log in and find my base under enemy control.....

I'd love to see the game brought back and developed some more, it had a lot of potential.

Originally posted by TheOtter

While the game was a bit buggy and boring after 30, it still had a great feel to it. Next to MxO, it has been my favorite MMO. I was part of a roleplaying group and we had a ton of fun. Unlocking the races was something I really enjoyed as well. Though I always hated it when I would log in and find my base under enemy control.....

I'd love to see the game brought back and developed some more, it had a lot of potential.

TR before level 30 was amazing to me. It was the lack of work [ut into the game after that I think killed it.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I miss it, still stunned they didn't try a f2p setup with it :/

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

I miss it, still stunned they didn't try a f2p setup with it :/

To make money with a F2P type set up you need planning. Just going F2P is not going to make money. You need to plan your cash store ahead of time and stock it with stuff that people will spend money on. TR really did not have anything at that time that they could load a store with to make money.

Just switching to F2P was not going to save them and the F2P move that games like DDO did was just not done when TR announced its closing.

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

Heck, I don't remember if I have posted in here before but man I wish they would at least bring TR back as F2P! As for those that said Earthrise was supposed to take over sorry to say but from what I played and have been reading ER is a train wreck waiting to derail and I was an avid supporter, I was in the forums every day for months even joined a guild like a year before launch and wow was I disappointed when it launched.  

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

I think I'm with the majority here, I miss TR dearly... although I quit a bit before it closed down, so maybe my memories betray me. I think the timing was poor, the marketing was sub-par, and expectations were extremely high. After playing garbage MMO after garbage MMO (quality at release) looking back TR seemed quite good and lacked some content, meta-game and useful pvp, nothing other big titles didn't release without. 

Also my favorite part of TR... and as weird as it is... was looting by just running over a body. Even the asian grinder MMOs still make you hit Z to pick up items. Never stopped the action. 

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

TR was one of the most fun games i've ever played, but being that it was easy to level...they needed to have end game ready.  Still felt the game was salvagable when they shut it down, was fun though. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

TR did a lot of things right and had the potential to go places.. sadly that potential was never realized.

The open-world invasion based game play, Players versus NPC armies, brilliant, yet not pushed far enough.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by BadSpock

TR did a lot of things right and had the potential to go places.. sadly that potential was never realized.

The open-world invasion based game play, Players versus NPC armies, brilliant, yet not pushed far enough.

From what I saw, the last few months prior to the announced shut down, and when it actually shut down, the devs were churning out some really engaging content.

I unfortunately missed even being able to play the game. At the time I didn't have a good enough PC to play the game, and when I did upgrade my PC it was just after they had announced the shutdown, and it killed my desire to pickup the game. It's a shame because it looked like a very interesting game.

Originally posted by Meltdown

I think I'm with the majority here, I miss TR dearly... although I quit a bit before it closed down, so maybe my memories betray me. I think the timing was poor, the marketing was sub-par, and expectations were extremely high. After playing garbage MMO after garbage MMO (quality at release) looking back TR seemed quite good and lacked some content, meta-game and useful pvp, nothing other big titles didn't release without. 

Also my favorite part of TR... and as weird as it is... was looting by just running over a body. Even the asian grinder MMOs still make you hit Z to pick up items. Never stopped the action. 

Lets not forget that character stats were basicly useless at realease and only became useful once there were hybrids and once that happened it was pretty obvious the balance was gone as there was a BEST combination for each class that made others interesting to play but not optimal or even close.

The PvP might have been the worst i ever saw at times. At one time snipers in PVP have no chance to use skills since all of their skills warned the other player before they activated.

• ViSioN_BCNViSioN_BCN Member UncommonPosts: 34

I voted no because I felt cheated since the announcement of the retarded Richard Garriott sale of TR . I will never buy nothing with the name of Richard Garriot in it. Simple as that.