Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to exit the game?

hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

I downloaded the trial but for the life of me I can't figure out how to exit the client when I am in game.  any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• ProstiProsti Member Posts: 45

You could always try going into Task Manager, go into processes and find the .exe name for it. Or literally Alt+F4 when in game. /shrug

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

hey, I have played the game a long time ago so Im not sure if it works but try a command like /camp  /logout /quit 

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

The interface hasn't aged well, as after going back to the trial it was little nuances like this that drove me crazy. There is an option for logging out somewhere but I believe /quit works.

Wouldn't it have been easier to ask via a chat channel instead of these forums though?

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

i tried asking via chat and got no response.  thanks im going to try all that stuff 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

This list of /slash commands may help you.

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Commands.html

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

I can't quite recall (haven't played in a few months), but I think if you hit ESC key a couple times you'll see an exit prompt.

• FeydiirFeydiir Member UncommonPosts: 26

lol, I forgot about that.  I haven't played that game in a long time... it was /quit or /logout.  Think /logout took you to the character select screen and /quit exited out of the game completely.

• LawlieLawlie Member Posts: 49

lol having to type /quit to exit a game is absolutely rediculous, everquest didnt even have that problem and that game is older than daoc... Pro Tip to daoc devs: REMAKE YOUR UI OR YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A GROWING POPULATION, UI is one of the first things a player sees when they start a new game...  this is just 1 of the many problems this game has.

Dont get me wrong i love this game to death, but its slowly dieing because the daoc team are just clueless.

Bloody shame.

• galoarigaloari Member UncommonPosts: 72

Ok first of all it's not a problem.... and also you can click your way out, there's a command windowsthat u can open by a shortcut or from ure (i dont remember the window :P) character window ,there u can find the log out option :p

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Originally posted by Lawlie

lol having to type /quit to exit a game is absolutely rediculous, everquest didnt even have that problem and that game is older than daoc... Pro Tip to daoc devs: REMAKE YOUR UI OR YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A GROWING POPULATION, UI is one of the first things a player sees when they start a new game...  this is just 1 of the many problems this game has.

Dont get me wrong i love this game to death, but its slowly dieing because the daoc team are just clueless.

Bloody shame.

Funny how the post after yours says there is a button in the UI you can use to exit the game. Hell, I haven't played DAoC since high school and I even remember using a quit button. How can you love the game and call the devs clueless when you didn't even know that? Pot, kettle, black. Figure it out.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by rashhero

Originally posted by Lawlie

Bloody shame.

Funny how the post after yours says there is a button in the UI you can use to exit the game. Hell, I haven't played DAoC since high school and I even remember using a quit button. How can you love the game and call the devs clueless when you didn't even know that? Pot, kettle, black. Figure it out.

Plus everquest did have the following slash commands

/camp would take to you to the character select screen

/camp desktop would take you out of the game with you being able to watch your character for the 30 second countdown

/exit would do the same as /camp destop except you didn't see the 30 seconds and you could die if something killed you in that 30 seconds

They then later added in /camp server and that would log you out of one server and log you into the other, say like /camp drinal would take you out of your current server and plop you into the character select for the drinal server

regardless everquest had several slash commands to get out of the game

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.