Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Crafting in GW 1 ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Could someone please  confirm...crafting ...no crafting?

I think there isn't but would like a definitive answer please .

Thanks.

ok one more question  :-)

I'm giving the game a go and wondered about which server to consider. Recommenations please.

Comments

• Bishop200Bishop200 Member Posts: 68

There his only 1 server to make it simple. And not really any crafting, you can get mats and make a NPC craft something for you. But you can't become a Blacksmith.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

the only "crafting" is gathering materials from monster drops or from merchants so that they con make the item (usually armor, but sometimes weapons as well) that you desire.

as for servers, just play whatever and switch to whatever whenever you want.  I suspect that the american disticts are usually more populous, but what do I know.  Servers are really just language regions or server locations.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Is it worth while to collect mats and get an item crafted ?  Might they compete with a good drop ?

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Is it worth while to collect mats and get an item crafted ?  Might they compete with a good drop ?

Armors don't come as drops. Only way to get yourself a better armor piece is to have it crafted at an armor vendor, which requires you to bring him the correct materials and gold (leather armor for ranger logically requires tanned hides and leather squares, while warrior might need iron and something else. A ranger scale armor would require scales and that gooey thing).

Weapons can be crafted at weapon crafters, as in, NPCs again. You can loot a "better" weapon with ready enhancements, or you can craft a weapon to your liking by going through many different vendors and comparing what they offer, then modify it to suit your needs (Can't actually remember if you can just add a new sword pommel to a sword what you got from a crafter.)

ABOUT SERVERS:

You can swap between American, European and Asian(Or was it international?) servers freely by choosing it either in top right corner or some menu. However, you can't do PVE with an PVP character.

Lets take a fictional scenario: You as a player are from Americas and you have an european friend you want to play with. You and your friend choose which one changes server, all it takes is two to three clicks and a loading screen, and there you go. Of course playing on a server of your own side of the globe is required for interrupt builds etc. But as offensive caster or even a ranger, the ping dosn't matter, actually everything else will be just fine except for an interrupt focused char, I've hopped back and forth between servers during my stay in GW because of silly people from Americas who I consider gaming friends.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

All high level armor has pretty much the same stats (class specific though).  So when your level 20 and have gotten a basic level 20 armor set you basically will be buying or collecting mats for cooler looking, rarer armor sets.  Armor wont drop in the world, only weapons will.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Shouldn't you be collecting for Runes first, then start with cosmetic items etc.? Well, to each their own.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Thanks for all of your help. Watching GW2 info has me all jacked uo for that game.. This is my substitute...until.